Vital Root

Contact 303-474-4131

3915 Tennyson St, Denver, Colorado, USA, 80212

Vegetarian restaurant opened summer 2016. Offers menu items which be made vegan upon request. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American

First Review by kenvegan

amazing food, great service, lovely atmosphere - Edit

I had the most delicious pad Thai at this place! The noodles are made from beets and the ingredients are fresh and very tasty! Looking forward to heading back and trying a few more dishes.

Eh.... - Edit

So much confusion over what was vegan and what wasn't... the cashier had to go talk to the chef about multiple items in question. Extremely small portion sizes, even for the main courses. We tried the veggie burger, hijiki salad, and chilled edamame noodles. The burger was good, but all of our food was pretty greasy. Overall the atmosphere is awesome but it's extremely overpriced for what you actually get.

Pros: veg-friendly, great atmosphere

Cons: vegan confusing, expensive, small portions

Woah. - Edit

I have to say, the raw beet ravioli was one of my favorite things I have ever eaten. I also enjoyed the Bahn Mi tacos while here and a beet/tequila drink. The food is amazing and I really enjoy the flow of the space, the way in which you order and grab your own drinks/silverware. It reminded me of some of my favorite European restaurants. I will say that the menu is more expensive than many would prefer to pay for the amount of food served, though I understand the prices when taking into consideration the model of the restaurant.

Pros: Amazing food.

Cons: Price

World Class Restaurant - Edit

I feel honored to be able to be the first to write a review for this outstanding restaurant on HappyCow.

The decor is modern, and according to the manager, the place is supposed to be reminiscent of a modern tree house. Lovely place.

When I walked into this restaurant, I was greeted by everyone. One of the waiting staff recommended that I get the vegan risotto, the raw ravioli, and a banana ice cream for dessert.

This is one of the best meals I have ever had! The ravioli was gorgeously presented, and having been a raw foodist for years, I can say that this raw ravioli is up there with the best I have had! The risotto was perfectly flavored and salted, and the vegetables were cooked to perfection. As if I wasn't elated enough with my meal, out came the vegan banana ice cream. This was the perfect ending to meal: creamy, not too sweet, and just decadent.

This is not only the best dining experience I had in the Denver area, but this will be added to my top restaurants in the world list.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-21

Pros: Fantastic food, Friendly/helpful waiting staff, Beautiful decor

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vital Root closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 610 times since Jul 2016.