VITA - Hipolito Yrigoyen

Contact 43420788

Hipolito Yrigoyen 583, Buenos Aires, Argentina,

Natural food store with vegetarian restaurant, this one is in downtown. Serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, organic coffee, cake and bakery foods. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery, Fusion

First Review by e37e

the worst place i ever eat in 15 years - Edit

i can't believe yet that a place like this serves a food like that i ate.
i would write a long review about this place but in shorts terms, THE WORST RESTAURANT EVER.
The place was hot as hell;
The employee was with a bad humor;
But let's talk about the food. The food was heated BY MICROWAVE, i never saw a restaurant heat food in microwave, and even after that the food was cold, in other words, you have the risk of food poisoning.
Its looks like hospital food, with no flavour, no soul.

Cons: FOOD HEAT BY MICROWAVE, EMPLOYEE WITH BAD HUMOR, FOOD WITH NO TASTE AT ALL

good value vegan food - Edit

We ate here multiple times in BA, staff can be rushed/rude if it's busy but understandable great pumpkin pie, lasagne, and of course potato wedges! V reasonable price for the setting. And the vegan cake slices are pricey but so delicious!

Just praise for this place - Edit

Before arriving to Argentina, I didn't have big expectations from the most notorious meat eater country in South America, so went I visited VITA, I was really pleased to find such a good place, with so many options, with the offers of the day so well displayed, very nice people behind the counter. I also noticed that during lunch time it gets quickly busy, another good sign.
I have to say that not all the meals were on spot, however, that's the view of an spoiled European citizen were vegan food is way far more developed and spread, yes, some meals are not perfect, but after trying other vegan options in Buenos Aires, this place deserves all recognition.

Pros: Very vegan, plenty of choice, centrally located

Cons: Not the cheapest one but neither that expensive, During peak hour, it gets slow

Hermoso! - Edit

Fui a Vita a almorzar dos veces porque me gustó mucho la comida, la atención y el precio. Está muy bien ubicado, en pleno centro. Hay opciones de menú que se acompañan generalmente con guarnición, también hay distintos tipos de licuados, café y variedades de postres. Lo recomiendo para pasar un buen momento y comer sano!

Pros: Ubicación, precio, calidad de la comida, variedad,

Cons: Nada por el momento

Great Cafe - Edit

Nice and close to Plaza de Mayo. Changing special of the day. Everything I've tried has been delicious. People are friendly. They have tables to eat in, but you can also take-away. Their rolls are yummy and very convenient for bus trips etc. You can buy their vegan mylk (which I've found hard to come by in Argentina) but as with all vegan mylks I've found here, it's expensive.

Nice overall - Edit

I came here twice while I was in BA. The cafe has a very cute decor. They have a big menu which all looks good but when I went there the first time they told me that they only had what was in the fridge (sandwiches etc) and not anything on the actual menu. The sandwich was still very nice though. The second time I just had a snack (they have cupcakes etc). They also sell things like organic mate and vegan dulce de leche which was pretty awesome. I found the staff pretty unfriendly.

Great vegan spot, second location now in Palermo - Edit

We discovered Vita in 2011 when there were really no other spots but Picnic(now closed) and it really has some great options. They do run out of stuff quickly so that is disappointing when you travel far to get here...so come early. Their desserts are the best! Fresh juices, smoothies and lunch options.

Pros: great desserts and juices, lots of options, nice sit down spot

Cons: they run out of stuff, within 1-2 hours of opening

Best carrot cake I had! - Edit

Their risotto is good but their carrot cake is even better. This place is perfect for you who wants organic food but then it cost a bit more. I think it's worth visiting to eat their desserts but would go somewhere else to eat when you travel on a budget. The food is really good though.

Pros: Cakes are delicous, Carrot cake is wonderful!

Cons: Not cheap

Super cozy - Edit

Just got to Buenos Aires for the first time and this was the closest vegan place according to HappyCow. I went for early lunch and had a sandwich consiting of a nice bread, tofu and guacamole. It was really lovely, the guacamole was great. Had a juice with it, freshly squeezed and very lovely to, and the coffee was awesome. The place feels like a really cozy café and the staff was really friendly (like when they fixed wifi for me). I can't compare prices but I paid 125 pesos (time of writing approx 10 EUR) for the things I listed above, which feels Ok for me. I highly recommend it.

They have a lot of cakes, I will try them next time, they do look delicious. In all: great café, but it's not really a restaurant, if you're looking for that.

Pros: Cozy, Friendly, Free WiFi

Cons: No english menu

Vegan Heaven - Edit

Oh yeah, we found this very energetic and quaint #VeganPro cafe in the heart of Buenos Aires for our first meal of the trip. Talk about fit for a King and Queen. We were in nutritional heaven with the diverse range of selection. The staff were kind, friendly and pricing is cheap. If you're ever in the area make sure to check out VITA.

Heartwarming food and people - Edit

I went one night, for takeaway and had squash ravioli with mushrooms sauce and it was absolutely delicious, only thinking about it makes my mouth go crazy! Also, it had been a long time since I hadn't eaten fresh pasta, before going vegan, which made me enjoy it even more.
For dessert I had the "chocotorta", amazing, it has a really big serving, I would make it smaller which would make it cheaper.
Everything delicious.
Beautiful people, I waited there for my food and I was given some bread and a mayo (carrot I think it was made out of) while I waited, with no charge :) They also added some slices of bread to my takeaway which was so soft and delicious.
I will go back for sure, the place was beautifully decorated too. Adorable.

Pros: Delicious and fresh food, Big portions for good prices, Great stuff

Cons: In the city center but a little hidden

Service is great, but not the food - Edit

I was so happy about finding a vegan place near my hostel so went there a few times and tried some dishes. The staff is great, always friendly and polite. Now, the food, well...
The bread was hard, what spoiled the tofu sandwich. The muffin was too dry, couldn't finish either. I decided to return another day and try something else, maybe it wasn't their best day. But... The "soy milanesa" was terribly dry and it had no salt at all. I know too much salt isn't healthy but a little is required if you want people to taste your food -after all salt is an enhancer! I asked for some sauce but then it got disgusting and I just gave up. But I must say, the worst was to expect much from the alfajor. It's like two slices of overbaked cake with some strange cream filling it. It tastes like flour, nothing else, seriously. I tried but couldn't eat. Too bad, I spent money and left the place still hungry.
Vegan food can be delicious when one knows how to combine spices, middle-east gastronomy is possibly the best proof of that. So, sorry but tasteless food without animal products doesn't make me happy.

Pros: The salat was fine

Cons: Tasteless cooked food

Return to Buenos Aires Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VITA - Hipolito Yrigoyen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.