Visoun

Contact +856-71212268

72/4 Visounnarath Road, Ban Visoun, Luang Prabang, Laos, 06000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a 21-item vegetarian section of which some are vegan but do ask. Other basic vegan possibilities include fruit salad and mango sticky rice. Check if french fries are cooked in same fryer as meat or not. Free Wi-Fi. Has fan. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Chinese, Western, Laotian, Non-veg

First Review by walkingvegan

Nice place for a lunch stop - Edit

We ordered the rice noodle soup (20,000 kip) and yellow coconut curry (25,000 kip) and found them both delicious (you might want to ask for extra vegetables in the curry though). The curry came out maybe 5 or 10 minutes after the soup, but that was OK for us since the soup was too hot to eat (a good thing!) anyway. The interior is nice enough and we enjoyed our meal here.

The Wifi password is 56777888.

Pros: Nice and clear menu with pictures, steaming hot food

Cons: No english spoken

food was okay, prices are average - Edit

I got the sweet and sour bean curd with veggies and the sweet and sour sauce wasn't the best.
The bean curd just seemed like normal (but definitely delicious) tofu to me.
The service was alright. It was a boy who didn't talk much but I guess he was just shy and didn't speak much English.
The place itself is cute. Especially the tables outside are nice.
I would maybe go there again to try the vegetables with coconut milk because it's the first restaurant that I've found that has these but otherwise I'd rather go to the night market or same same!

Decent food, decent prices - Edit

As our guesthouse was in the neighbourhood, we followed the Happy Cow-reviews to this place.
The food was good, I was craving some protein and found some welcome change from "vegetables with rice" as they also had dishes with tofu. Everything we had was yummy.
On the other hand this place is not soooo special, so I would not make a long way to visit this restaurant.

Pros: Vegan choices, Good food, Reasonable Prices

Yummy vegan options - Edit

I've been there several times. Staff is friendly, helpful and speaks good english.
Food is yummy, not so pricey for a clean and good atmosphere (from 18000 to 25000 each dish).
My favorites: Mango sticky rice, Coconut milk vegetables and fried white noodles.

Pros: clean, friendly, free wifi

Return to Luang Prabang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Visoun closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1098 times since Jul 2014.