Virtuous Pie

Contact 604-620-0060

583 Main St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6A 2V1

Virtuous Pie serves house-made plant-based pizza and ice cream with a focus on healthy eating and sustainability. Offers lunch and drinks plus take-away - pizzas take six minutes from the time of ordering. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by shirley1

Flavourful Pizza - Edit

We had no idea what to expect on our way to this place, but were pleasantly surprised to find a very modern and clean looking establishment. The menu had some very interesting selections. We each chose our own flavour different from each other plus juice to drink. The drinks were a very interestingly flavoured combination of juices and herbs/spices. I liked the bench style sitting arrangement which allowed conversation with people who happened to be sitting next to you, or not. The pizzas, compared to the typical 'Canadian' style we're used to (where there are more toppings than crust) looked small and sparsely garnished. We wondered if this would fill us up or not as we're big eaters. The texture of the crust was really nice, crunchy with a chewy inner which forced us to chew more than the usual inhale style of eating we usually partake in when really hungry thus allowing for better and more complete digestion of our meal thus filling us up quite nicely by the end of our lunch. The flavours were very nice; well balanced and robust. During the lunch hour rush we didn't have to wait very long until our pizzas and drinks were served. The prices were reasonable. We'll certainly go back to try other items on the menu, and you should too!

Pros: Flavourful, Nice atmosphere, Pleasant staff

Cons: Personally, I prefer whole grain flour crust

Best Vegan Pizza - Edit

This pizza blew my mind simply because of the super tasty vegan mozzarella in combination with the traditional pizza crust, marinara and basil. The other options looked super tasty as well but I really wanted to try the margarita (which I recommend). Great little place for a quick lunch or dinner!

Pros: Very real vegan Mozzarella , Super Good, All around tasteful

BEST PIZZA IN VAN - Edit

I took my mother (she isn't veg) out to virtuous pie and we fell in love. She was so impressed and fooled by the quality of the vegan cheese. We ordered the med, margarita, and stranger wings. It was great to try the three difference styles of their cheese (Gary) making. I would highly recommend stranger wings but my mother preferred the med. I will for sure be going again! My one (slight) complaint is that when I ordered a beer they asked me for ID and then the worker wasn't convinced to proceeded to ask me for a second piece of ID and then asked to see a credit card. This same worker also didn't take our order properly and forgot on of our pizzas. This being said, they are a new restaurant so I totally understand slip ups like that, they corrected it quickly and gave us the pizza for free! I'm still a bit off put about the ID thing. I'm recommending this place to all of my friends!

Pros: vegan, Gary, wonderful atmosphere

Cons: busy

Amazing pizza that's ALL vegan - Edit

Virtuous Pie is what Vancouver vegans have been waiting for. All vegan pizza with interesting toppings like roasted pine nuts, walnut pesto, cashew mozzarella and kimchi to name a few.

Service is fast and friendly and the pizza's won't disappoint. I loved that they have gluten-free crust as an option and you can add extra toppings if you want to mix it up or add more...the pizza I ordered didn't have as many toppings as I would have hoped but was still flavorful.

I tried 2 flavors of the ice cream and both were delicious. Nice big bench tables for groups and a really great vegan vibe!

As a driver I didn't know the area well but found it easy to park on the road beside Pacific Central Station and just walk a few blocks to the restaurant.

One final thought outside the food I love their mission to support a healthy planet and to change the way people eat, and mobilize positive change in the world. For that alone I would give them 5 stars but the overall service, food and vibe is very well deserving.

Pros: All vegan, Great food and options, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited parking

best pizza ever - Edit

Wow .... Amazing pizza so many different options. I had a gluten free crust with pesto , pine nuts , cashew cheese and broccolini (instead of sun dried tomatoes. )
My husband had the Mediterranean with babaganouch olives feta and falafel .
Both were excellent

Pros: very good.

Cons: none

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Virtuous Pie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 554 times since Sep 2016.