CLOSED: Violet Sweet Shoppe

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan

Contact 206-297-4441

6410 Phinney Ave N (at Phinney Ridge), Seattle, Washington, USA, 98103

Vegan bakery and candy shop, opened here in Oct 2014. Makes cakes, cupcakes, tarts, cookies, and pastries. Has fair-trade and organic coffee and tea. Also sells gifts and imported candies. SHUT JAN 2016 PER ITS FB.

First Review by Miso Vegan

New location, new sweets, same awesome vegan cakes - Edit

I've recently purchased two different cakes at Violet Sweet Shoppe since they moved to their new 6410 Phinney Ave N location. They've actually been at this location for a few months but I noticed that none of the reviews had mentioned the new location so I thought I would.

The new store is beautiful and has LOTS of new stuff if you need a vegan cake or vegan cupcakes this is THE place to go. It's also a wonderful place to get vegan chocolates and a wide range of vegan candies.

I highly recommend their made-to-order 8" vegan carrot cake and any of their cupcakes. I still haven't tried all the cakes yet but their carrot cake is AWESOME !!!! These are one of those foods that are fun to give to non-vegan friends, relatives, & co-workers. If you don't mention it no one will know and they'll just tell you how wonderful the cake is before it clicks and starts to break their stereotypes of what vegan food includes. I will also mention that the hand-crafted decorations/icing are beautiful I especially like the tiny carrots I once had on a carrot cake.

If you have been to their old location and haven't seen the new one definitely check it out it's a completely different experience. Wonderful vegan store hopefully more people will support it and help get the word out about it to their friends.

Pros: excellent cakes, great staff, beautiful super clean store

Loved it. - Edit

We made sure to stop here because the description looked interesting.

Spent a total of 5 minutes browsing everything in this cute little shop and ended up blowing like $30 for a few treats we didn't really need.

But the little fruit flan at $7, apart from being insultingly expensive, was just too damn good! I'd do it again no problem. And again. Thank god we don't live close or we'd probably go broke.

It's cute, it's chic and the heavily tattooed guy behind the counter fits in surprisingly well with the delicate decor. The butcher next door is also an interesting touch!

Definitely give this place a go.

Pros: Priceless tarts for $7, Feel French in America

Cons: Must go on payday, else you might not get anything

Fancy Vegan Cake!!! - Edit

I was so glad that Violet opened (close to my house, even!!!) recently. Most treats I've sampled so far have been *really* good, with a minor exception of the lemon cake I ordered for a special occasion - it was good, but the cake itself was a little flavorless.
Try the cookies, they are some of the most amazing vegan cookies I've ever eaten. I thought when I went vegan that I'd never again have shortbread that tasted buttery and crisp...boy was I wrong.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 04, 2013

Pros: Snickerdoodles, Cupcakes, Tasty Espresso

Cons: Small Space, Limited Selection

Friend made us go, didn't want us to miss out - Edit

We were hoping to hit this place on our trip but weren't sure if we'd have time. After meeting our friend at Araya's for lunch, he made such a big deal about this place that he drove us here so we wouldn't miss out. I am glad we didn't! It was super good. I ordered a lavender shortbread cookie that contained real lavender flowers, a few vanilla caramels, and a chocolate berry cup thing. My husband had a lemon cake thing and a chocolate peanut butter cup. All were excellent. The chocolate cups were rich and decadent, and the lavender cookie actually tasted like lavender which is a hard thing to do because its such a subtle flavour that its either lost in the other part of the baking or there is too much and it tastes like soap. The cookie was neither. It was a perfect balance. Also go because the girl behind the counter with the butterfly throat tattoo was adorable and super nice.

Pros: Everything tasted high end and gourmet, Chocolate!, Lavender

Cons: Quite small

Excellent! - Edit

So far I've had cookies, opera cake, cupcakes and mini-loaves from Violet Sweet Shoppe, and all have been delicious. Presentation is always lovely. Prices are standard for hand-made baked goods. I'm so glad they opened in Seattle!

Pros: delicious, friendly

Cons: small (so sometimes runs out of product)

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Violet Sweet Shoppe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1021 times since May 2013.