Village Greens

Contact 250-721-8395

University of Victoria Cadboro Commons, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Residence dining at University of Victoria Cadboro Commons residence dining room. Caters for vegetarians with choices include salads, stir-fry, soups, smoothies, and fair trade coffee. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 4:00pm-6:30pm, Sun 4:00pm-6:30pm. Open hours is for months of September to April.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Salad bar, Non-veg

First Review by skymonkey

Stick with the daily special - Edit

Their daily special is always good and vegan about 4/5 days of the week. They also change it every day so it adds some variety. When I go outside of the special I end up eating something out of a bag and leave disappointed. I wouldn't recommend touching the vegetables they serve here with a 10 foot pole, but the salad is good.
The staff is friendly. And they also sell the cheapest fruit on campus.

In hindsight, I was a little harsh on my first review:"...I ended up paying $10 for frozen vegetable from a bag stir fried with some tofu tossed in. Maybe I am setting my expectation too high for a place on campus, but the vegetables from a bag being prepared in front of me, pasta being microwaved combined the fact that the server crudely asked me if I wanted "protein with that" (referring to tofu) made me feel like I was in some run down cafeteria in the inner city. The taste of the food didn't change my opinion."

Updated from previous review on Sunday May 30, 2010

Pros: 1/2 price if you live in res, on campus

Cons: Not fresh

good for campus food - Edit

i figure i should write a review for this place since i posted it. this place is only open from september to april. the dining room is quite nice. the vegetarian entrees they serve change daily. check their website for the menu. the stir-fry station offers noodles, rice with your choice of sauce and protein. beware that one of the choices is shrimp, and the sushis they sell are not vegetarian either. it was never clear to me whether the rest is vegan or not. the food is hit and miss from my experience, but probably the best campus food i've had. have to applaud them for making things other than your ordinary vegetarian burgers or pasta.

Return to Victoria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Village Greens closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 837 times since Mar 2008.