First Review by youshouldbeglad

Large Vegan Menu Options - Edit

I was suprised by the number of items on the menu for Vegetarians/Vegans. I just started eating a Vegan diet a few months ago and have not had much luck finding restaurants that have many things I can eat. This place does and I have tried many of them already. All the items I have tried have been good to excellent. I do recommend this place if you are on a Vegetarian, Vegan or Whole Food Plant Based diet.

Pros: Lots of Vegans options

Cons: Meals are around $10, but worth it.

VK8 VK11 - Edit

I've been going here for years also. I must disagree on the ugly end of town part mentioned above as it's in my old neighborhood! I usually go with my mom who's also omni but likes to order vegetarian here. For appetizers we get soft summer rolls with avocado(vegan) and turnip cake(which is covered in egg but I highly reccommend to vegetarians/omnis). We also split VK8 and VK11 from the vegetarian part of the menu. Nice thing is the full description of each dinner is included. Both that we get are rice noodles with tofu, but one is refreshing with basil, cucumber, etc, and the other is super spicy and savory! Good combo if you are sharing with someone. Try the avocado milkshake for dessert :)

Pros: extensive veg-friendly menu, large portions

Cons: closed on wednesdays

Wow it's good! - Edit

I've been going to VK for years. It's in a horrible part of town with an ugly location. Once you get past all of that the food is really amazing! They have several vegan options and they can really make you what you want. The staff is so nice and they just want to make you happy. The tofu curry is to die for! Tofu lemongrass is a must and the spring roll are top notch!

Pros: Something for everyone, Great food, Great staff

Cons: Ugly, Nasty part of town

Excellent - Edit

This place is great. I need to switch up what I get because I have only eaten two dishes but love the one so much it's hard to get much else as a main dish. I usually go for the basil noodle soup. The sprouts, basil and hot pepper comes on the side to add last minute to the hot broth, sooo good. spring rolls are excellent. My wife gets another noodle soup that is not spicey. There are lots of choices that look good. The staff is friendly and accomodating. Can be crowded at times. I see a lot of Vietnamese eating there ... always a bonus when you see people of the culture eating at a restaurant. Always a place we eat when in Louisville.

Pros: great food, great pricing, great variety

A Good Option . . . - Edit

I've enjoyed each vegan dish I've tried at the Vietnam Kitchen. I was impressed by the amount of vegetarian/vegan options -- at a non-vegetarian restaurant! The staff was friendly and the menu is clearly marked. In addition to an entire vegetarian section, several of the dishes allow the option of substituting tofu (instead of meat -- also clearly marked). Overall an excellent choice for those enjoying a good Vietnamese dish.

Pros: Vegan Options!

A lovely surprise - Edit

This is known as the best Vietnamese food in Louisville. I have had equally tasty meals at other places, but this is probably the most authentic Vietnamese. There is lots of meat on the menu, but at the very back is the vegetarian section. They have about 10 dishes that would be suitable for vegans. I had trouble distinguishing what I got from any other Asian restaurant's veggie and tofu mix over rice. Be careful if you get the Vietnamese iced coffee that you specify with soy milk (otherwise it automatically comes with sweetened condensed milk).

If you go, be sure to check out the ValuMarket next door-- half of the store is devoted to international options that you can't find or wouldn't even know to look for at other grocery stores.

Pros: Large menu, Inexpensive, Fast service

Cons: Nothing too creative

Best Vietnamese in the Southeast! - Edit

VK...what can I say? It is a classic to Louisville locals, and usually enjoys a large crowd on weekends. The "mock duck w/green beans" is HIGHLY recommended by me. I have been eating there for about 8 years, and usually order that. Awesome service too!

Pros: Awesome mock meat, nice service, smoke-free

Great Place - Edit

I love htis place, my favorite in the Ville. Friendly service, awesome spring rolls, and great menu options. Try an avacado shake with soy milk too! What are you waiting for..........go to Vietnam Kichen..........NOW!

Pros: Everything

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vietnam Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1369 times since Aug 2007.