Vietal-Kitchen

+49-51138877888

Lister Meile 46, Hannover, Germany, 30161

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vietnamese restaurant with a focus on healthier food. Stylish interior inspired by the French colonial era. Some items menu can be made vegan upon request and are marked with a "leaf" icon. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:30pm, Sun 11:30am-11:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Asian, Fusion, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by AndyT

Large vegan menu - Edit

They have a huge vegan menu compared to other omni restaurants. Also monthly changing menu with lots of vegan options. I am used to make decisions on what I order in a restaurant from a small amount, but at Vietal Kitchen it took me forever because it all sounds so good.
The quality is great, everything is cooked fresh.
Nice outside seating, the inside is cozy too.
High recommendation!

Pros: lots of vegan options, great quality

OK but pay attention! - Edit

First the good: I was in that restaurant, the food was ok, the waiter was very nice and knowledgeable and took his time to tell me which items are vegan, and they do have a number of dishes that are vegetarian or vegan or can be prepared that way.

Now the bad: When my lunch arrived, I wanted to take a picture to put it here on the forum, so I asked the waiter again "So what is this now exactly? Tofu with satay sauce, right?" ... and the waiter took a long look at my dish again and then said ... "Wait a moment, I have to check something". Then he consulted his order device and told me that he had obviously made a mistake and ordered the non-vegan dish of the day, which was chicken carcass with satay sauce. That was not at all visible from the dish, and - as the restaurant was very poorly lit - I might possibly not even have noticed that before putting a piece of it into my mouth :-(

WTF???? I am well aware that this can happen in any omni restaurant, but let's be honest, this can be one of the worst things to happen to any vegan or vegetarian. Certainly not something that should happen...

Under those circumstances, do I trust them and order a vegetarian dish with the request to "make it vegan"? I am really not sure.

Other than that, the tofu was ok but did not have much taste (at least not compared to a satay dish in Asia, which is typically spicy, so it is likely dumbed down to the European taste). Not exceptional.

Updated from previous review on 2018-04-05

Pros: Friendly staff, OK food, but not exceptional, many options can be made vegan or vegetarian

Cons: CHECK WHETHER YOUR FOOD REALLY IS VEG!!!, Very dark inside the restaurant

Return to Hannover Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vietal-Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.