Vienna Restaurant and Historic Inn

508 764-0700

14 South St, Southbridge, Massachusetts, USA, 01550

Serves meat, vegan options available. Classic Austrian, European, and Continental cuisine in an upscale atmosphere with wood-burning fireplaces. Full vegan and gluten-free menu online. Open Mon 9:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-2:30pm, Sun 2:00pm-6:00pm, 2:00pm-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Austrian, Non-veg

First Review by Starsetter244

Wonderful Vegan Options & Pet Friendly! - Edit

Hi, I just spent a few days at The Vienna Restaurant & Historic Inn located in Southbridge, Massachusetts. I wanted to tell you more about it! It's a pet friendly historic bed & breakfast that you can come to for dinner at the restaurant or to stay overnight! I really enjoyed my stay at The Vienna because husband & wife owners, Jonathan & Lisa are very nice & super accommodating. Jonathan makes amazing vegan food!! Scroll through to see some of it! They have plenty of vegan options for breakfast & dinner. Dinner options included: Hungarian-Style Hot & Spicy Chick'n made with seitan, Vegan Wiener Schnitzel and Vegan Sauerbraten, they have delicious vegan sour cream to go along with the meals. They make a lot of vegan dishes that are not listed on the menu and we had a 4 course meal each night including a yummy dessert with delicious soy cappuccinos. You can eat in the restaurant, your room or outside on the patio, by the fire with your pups. They are also able to accommodate allergies & other requests including making special vegan & gluten free options. Breakfast is included in your stay and delivered to your room and it is delicious! If you stay the night, you also get a complementary drink & appetizer when you arrive. I recommend the Blumenzimmer / Flower room because I believe it is the only one with an private outdoor patio which is a nice place to sit outside with your pets and it has a private entrance. The Vienna is affordable too. There is also a nice recreational area a few minutes away to walk the pups! Thank you to The Vienna for a relaxing stay! Thank you for loving our pets as much as we do! We will be coming back!

Pros: Delicious Vegan Options , Serves Alcohol , Outside Patio & Inn: Pet Friendly

Cons: Also Serves Meat

Restaurant with Original Menu & Decor - Edit

Upon entering the restaurant, we were suprised to see they tout vegan cuisine on their sign as it seems out of place with a German-Austrian theme. The choices on the menu were interesting with many options for a vegan or vegetarian. I chose the Vegan Goulash Entree, even though I am more a vegetarian. We sat outside in the biergarten and savored the delightful evening under the stars. My partner, tried the Roesti pancakes with sour cream and apples and Vegan "wiener schnitzel". Yum! I never tried anything Germanish before and now I'm a fan. We didn't try the desserts, however they looked amazing at the table next to us. Valentin was our server and made us feel right at home.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Original Vibe, Easy access off Mass Pike

Cons: noisy motorcycles driving by

Delicious fresh and eclectic dishes - Edit

Vienna is such a great find! The food was delicious and they did a great job accommodating the health concerns of the people in my party. My friend is gluten free and there were great options suggested to her. I wanted to try just about everything but what I had was delicious! I had the Austrian dumplings which is impossible to pronounce on the menu haha but that's what they are, they are tasty. I lived the horseradish flavor in the sauce. The best part if thx meal was desert! The Torres we had were so tasty! I had a lemon raspberry torte.
If you are in the area and want a wonderful experience overall from the ambiance and service to the mouthwatering food; go done at Vienna restaurant!

Pros: Great atmosphere, Welcoming and accommodating staff

Return to Southbridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vienna Restaurant and Historic Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.