Vida Feliz

( 1 review )

Arequipa, 910, Huancayo, Peru

Vegetarian restaurant. Best to ask what is vegan using words like "platos sin huevo, sin leche, y sin diario" rather than the word "platos vegano" as is typical of these types of restaurants the word is not well understood.

Categories: Lacto, Peruvian

1 Review

First Review by christopherjboyce

Possibly one of the better veg restaurants in the area - Edit

There is an abundance of restaurants in the area that are quite similar i.e. offering a inexpensive menu, but compared to other similar type restaurants I've been to in Peru and the few i went to in Huancayo this was one of the better ones. Although could be dependent on time and day. A wide selection bit unclear as to what was vegan and what was not (as is typical I've found in these veg menu restaurants). When I went it was quite busy (Sunday at 1pm) and this makes asking questions about what is in the food difficult - I'd recommend going at a quieter time (after 2 - although not sure on opening times). I asked a few basic questions but think the starter I had may have had cheese - I'm not sure but personally I'm a bit more relaxed with in my approach to veganism in countries like Peru where these is not a healthy culture on veganism. I shared a table with a couple (they joined me) and they were very nice and told me this was one of the better ones. i will try some of the others in the area to verify this. I'm giving this 4 happy cows based on a relative local rating.

Pros: Wide selection, Inexpensive, Filling

Cons: Busy, Unclear on what is vegan and what is not

Return to Huancayo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vida Feliz closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.