First Review by lauraXsynthesis

Pretty cupcakes - Edit

Pretty cupcakes with an interesting range of flavours. I enjoyed the peanut butter and jelly one. The cupcakes are gf which I am not used to, I found the sponge slightly dry but it was tasty and it is obviously great if you are gf and vegan to have such a wide selection. They also have slices of cakes and cookies which I will try another time.

They mentioned that they will be moving to new premises (round the corner from where they are at the moment) so keep an eye on their social media accounts.

Pros: Very welcoming, Pretty cakes, Space to sit and have tea/coffee

Amazing cupcakes - Edit

Amazing high quality cupcakes. Red Velvet and Lemon cheesecake especially.

Pros: 100% vegan cupcakes plus hot drinks

Cons: not very cheap, but high quality sweets

VaneVIDABakery 27 Jan 2017 - Hi Tomtre

Thanks you so much for your feedback, and for coming to the shop.

Thanks as well for appreciating the quality of our products, seriously we bake every morning to guarantee all our products are fresh and yummy for you guys!!

I will love to see you soon, come back and have a drink or a cupcake on the house, just to thank you for your time and your feedback!!

Vanessa
VIDA Bakery

Great for gluten free - Edit

This is a cute, friendly place and I liked the girls running it. There was a terrific selection of cupcakes and they tasted alright for gluten free. Also a very well-stocked vegan cookbook selection for browsing. It's a nice place to stop for coffee and cake. Like a lot of places around Shoreditch now though, the prices are very high. A small matcha latte cost £3.50 and the cupcakes, which are also small cost £3. The prices mean I won't go as often as I'd like to.

Pros: Friendly, Good selection of cupcakes, Good selection of hot drinks

Cons: Expensive for what you get, All gluten-free (for me, not as tasty as wheat)

VaneVIDABakery 27 Jan 2017 - Hi Laura,

Many thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate all comments and suggestions, and most importantly we take them into consideration. In fact, we dropped the price of our matcha lattes, and we also included a deal on Tuesdays and Wednesday when you can have a cupcake and a hot drink (including matcha lattes) for £5.

I wont be able to say why prices at Shoreditch places are so high, but in our case ALL our baked products are handmade every morning to offer our customers nothing but the freshest. We don't buy anything pre-made and we do everything ourselves (Dani and myself). Also most of our ingredients are fair trade and organic which also increases the cost.

The reason behind 'all gluten-free" is because we are a free-from/vegan cafe, so that takes in the gluten as well.

We would like to see you soon, I hope you come any other day and have a special treat on the house, just because of the great feedback you have given us!!

Thanks

Vanessa
VIDA Bakery.

Return to East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vida Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.