Vibrante

133 James St, Templestowe, Victoria, 3106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern, Italian family restaurant and bar, with around 5 vegan options (mainly on the dinner menu) and several other vegetarian ones marked on the menu. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-10:30pm, Sat 9:30am-10:30pm, Sun 8:30am-10:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by ChrisMelb

Vegano Italiano - Edit

For a cuisine rich in vegetables, it is actually quite rare, even in Melbourne, to find an Italian restaurant with vegan options clearly marked on the menu. Even less so in the outer suburbs. So when my work decided to have our Christmas party at Vibrante I was pleasantly surprised to find they had 5 vegan options, clearly marked on the menu.

I had the pepperone - a baked capsicum with spinach, pumpkin, mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes, rice, served with sautéed vegetables - which whilst quite large and satisfying, was a bit expensive at $25. But I wasn't paying so had no problem ordering it.

The next night I went back with my wife and another couple, and we sampled every vegan option on the menu. This time I had the Campagnola pizza, featuring spinach, zucchini, pumpkin, mushrooms, basil pesto, onions & olives. Very tasty and more than enough for one person. My wife had who is gluten-free, had the pepperone which I had the previous night, and the presentation was similar, and again, quite a large serve.

Our friends had the Spaghetti Funghi Spinaci -
spaghetti tossed in garlic, chilli, olive oil, mushrooms, spinach, cherry tomatoes and olives, and the Super Salad - organic quinoa, chia, green beans, freekeh, cherry tomato, almonds and roast pumpkin with vinaigrette dressing. We also got a couple of sides of the sautéed broccoli with almonds to share.

All in all, everyone enjoyed their meals, a couple of drinks, and were happy to discover another restaurant with vegan options close to home.

Rating 3 stars due to the price only, a little cheaper and it would easily be 4, as the service and quality is very good.

Pros: Suburban locale, Traditional, relatively healthy food, Vegan options clearly marked

Cons: Lacking vegan options for breakfast and dessert, More expensive than local vegetarian restaurants, Can be noisy when busy

Return to Templestowe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vibrante closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.