First Review by Julievida

Good as a last resort - Edit

The store is great but the restaurant/cafe leaves a lot to be desired. There were no dishes marked vegan on the menu but the server was able to recommend some things which could have the cheese omitted. The food was pretty uninspired. Definitely check out the shop but only go to the restaurant if you can't find anything else.

Good Food, Vegan Acquaintance - Edit

Very cute and eco/animal conscious shop and cafe. Unfortunately, our waiter was not as versed in the needs of vegans as we hoped. He was not sure about several ingredients and changed his mind about them a few times. Consequently, my partner, a strict vegan, chose not to eat. I did eat (he encouraged me to go ahead!!!) a lovely swiss chard, quinoa and parmesan croquette dish with fresh tomato sauce and accompanying salad which was very good. I was sorry that we had those misunderstandings because I am sure there were good options for vegans at this forward thinking spot.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Good Food/Great bakery, Good value

Cons: Staff not entirely vegan knowledgeable, Out of the way

Fantastic Find - Edit

After finding this little gem, we walked here everyday that we where in San Miguel. The food was fresh and delicious - they have a large rooftop organic garden. They also have a tiny grocery store and one day they had a natural root beer! I highly recommend it - it is a throw back to the early days of health food and very comfortable and quaint.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 24, 2014

Pros: excellent food, friendly, organic

Cons: out of the way

Hooray! - Edit

This is such a treasure. There are lots of great places to eat in San Miguel and most are veg friendly but lack the options that Via Organic offers. The food is very tasty. The market sells lots of things which make the idea of moving to SMA much more plausible for vegans.
They also offer cooking and gardening classes.

Pros: Variety for vegetarians, Great grocery items in store, Really good food

Fantastic place to eat and shop!!! - Edit

So great to have an all organic resteraunt and grocery store where the food is healthy and delicious! Great to support this kind of place.
We ate all our meals here while we were in SMA.
Food was always delicious!!! And a very large selection of organic groceries too!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious

Return to San Miguel De Allende Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Via Organica closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1561 times since Mar 2010.