Contact 3108548489

Carrera 12-A no. 79-26, Bogota, Colombia,

A small gourmet restaurant located besides the Uniandinos association. Offers a single varying lunch each day plus a fixed menu. Everything is vegan by default, and if you want cheese you can ask for it in the few dishes that offer that option. Chef speaks English. Re-opened June 2016, relocated from Carrera 16. Mon-Sat 7:00am-4:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Take-out, Catering, Colombian

First Review by Stevie

Fair food, good service - Edit

Set lunch: I got an entree soup (with plantains and perhaps some beans?) and as a main dish they served soy-balls, rice (which included some raisins) and apple salad. This included a glass of flor de jamaica juice.

The food was ok and filling. But it could have been tastier. The service was very attentive and cordial

The price was 16,000COP (aprox 5.20 USD).

Pros: price

Loved it - Edit

This place was a great find. Had the burger with fries and the flor de Jamaica cold tea or juice and it was all fantastic. The guy who was serving us(may have been the owner) was fluent in English and told us everything was always made vegan unless we requested to add cheese to something. Will be going back for sure

VG-Tal, Bogota - Edit

I rolled in here for a late lunch today. I am so happy with what I had that I ordered a take away to have for dinner tonight.

This is a cosy little cafe run by the head chef and 3 other staff (going by today). The chef is called Lionel and he speaks some not bad English (he is learning part time).

I asked what on the menu is vegan and was told everything (yay). Everything on there sounded good so I let them give me a recommentation. I was given tomato as the soup (the other was miso) and then this quino burger dressed with tahini sauce served with chipped potatoes. It was excellent I am very pleased with it. I asked for a recommendation for take away for dinner tonight. I'm quite impressed with the professionalisn of his answer, namely I was asked if I would be reheating or just eating cold (i'm having it cold). I've been given the tacos.

Everyone who worked there seemed very nice.

As well as this I also had a mango juice to drink. All ends up it wss 44 500 Columbian pesos. I bet there's plenty cheaper to be had around Bogota. For all vegan options all over the menu and the quality of the cooking. I was happy to pay that and tip of course as well.

Pros: Mega vegan friendly, Great food

Cons: Closed evenings & Sundays

Return to Bogota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VG-Tal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1332 times since Aug 2012.