VG BIO-Markt

• Health-food-store Health Store
    ( 1 review )

Schandauer Str 34, Dresden, Germany, 01309

Organic co-op in the Pohland passage at the tram stop Pohlandplatz. The co-op has two price models, one for members, and one for non-members. Has several locations in Dresden. No plastic bags. Carries some nuts/dried fruit sold in bulk, bakery. Most fruits and vegetables are from local farms, and prices vary by farm. Sells vegan staples, including many brands of tofu, tempeh, mock meats, convenience foods, Veganella and Mozzarisella, soy cream cheese and sour cream, as well as many spreads, chocolate, etc., in the dry aisles. Open Mon 1:00pm-8:00pm, Tue-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 9:00am-2:00pm. Closed Sun.

1 Review

First Review by o0Carolyn0o

Small, but good! - Edit

I live right down the street, and I wouldn't have know it was here(it's in the Pohlandpassage, so no obvious storefront visible from the street) had I not clicked on their website from the other location listed on Happy Cow.

It's not very big compared to the Bio Company, but they do have quite a few unique items, like Veganella & Mozarisella, Soyananda cream cheese & sour cream, etc., that I've only seen there(Neustadt is a bit out of the way just for groceries), in addition to all of the basic vegan staples like tempeh, tofu, seitan, spreads, etc.. They also have a good selection of 500g olives in the veggie fridge section from Bio Verde, as well as in bulk form near the bakery. There are also bulk nuts & dried fruits. The system to buy produce is a bit unique. They get things from different regional farmers, so each item has a code that you need to write down and give at the cash, as sometimes there will be, for example, zucchini or pumpkin from two different farmers and they each have their own code/price. For fresh herbs, I think they have they best selection, and often have things like mizuna and green in snow.

When it's busy, it can be a bit stressful because I like to take my time when grocery shopping and with not so much space to move other shoppers are not very polite when it comes to pushing their cart around. The other think I don't like is that it only opens on Monday at 1pm. I work as a personal chef, so I need to buy my fresh items to have ready for lunch. For those reasons, I have held back on getting a membership. Non-membership prices are about the same as other organic shops.

Pros: good selection of veggie staples, fresh herb selection is fantastic, Some bulk items

Cons: Not much place to move around, opens late on Monday

Return to Dresden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VG BIO-Markt closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.