VEVAY

Contact +49-6926918760

Neue Mainzer Straße 20, Frankfurt, Germany, 60311

Vibrant atmosphere with different seating areas. Provides organic, healthy food that's all veg, mostly vegan, but one vegetarian option. Operating since Feb 2015. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-11:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Take-out

First Review by Tank242

Very Good Indeed! - Edit

I had a late lunch at Vevay.
Although I arrived after 14.00, there was still plenty of people, so I guess it's quite popular.

The menu has a god variety of plates and flavours.
All but 2 plates (not one like the description says) are vegan. All desserts seem to be vegan too.
During breakfast most of the offer is vegan; however they use eggs for a couple of dishes.

I had the goji & cashew rice with teriyaki tofu. It was fantastic. I really liked it.
As a dessert I had a cheesecake, which was also rather good, not so sweet.

Staff was friendly, and atmosphere was also enjoyable.
For travelers: wifi is available but you need to ask the pwd to the staff.

If only they would ditch their tiny tiny offer of vegetarian plates (as if Falafel couldn't be made vegan)!

Pros: plenty of vegan options, good value, nice atmosphere

Cons: not all vegan

Great food with attention to detail, very impressed! - Edit

I was very impressed with this restaurant. The servers are friendly, attentive, fast and knowledgeable; and the food is amazing. I had a wild rice/quinoa dish with roasted vegetables, braised tofu and a wild herb salad. I could taste that the food was fresh and prepared with love and attention to detail. Every bite was a delight.

I don't give out such praise lightly - often I leave restaurants with a feeling of 'it was alright; I could have done this better myself'. But Vevay was truly exceptional. No complaints at all - only praise. Well done, keep up the good work!

Pros: Friendly, fast service., Excellent food., Good value.

Cons: Too far away from where I live :)

Rising star - must try! - Edit

Market entry was astouningly quiet and this place is not very crowded - yet.
The quality of the offered food is very good - many organic and fresh ingredients, superbly prepared.

The tofu-quinoa salad with warm sprouts was simply great in taste and looks-see picture.

I also tried a raw cake and a baked one, both also great.

This place has a modern and cozy interior, creating a welcoming atmosphere on two floors.

EDIT:
I am a sporadic customer, drop by every 2 months... Today I was totally shocked to see half of the guests wearing fur.
And guess what? The owner and the service staff do not intervene, they even do not talk to their fur wearing guests. This is really annoying and in my opinion a no go for a vegetarian venue.
The waitress seemed to be relieved when I asked her about that and said she will talk to the owner. I proposed to at least hand out a flyer to every fur-wearer...
As HappyCow Ambassador I will have a talk with him as well.
Until this problem is solved, I can not rate higher than 3 stars.

Updated from previous review on 2015-05-21

Pros: welcoming atmosphere, nice staff, 95% vegan

Cons: a bit pricey, no outside seating, Fur accepted

great food & service - Edit

I enjoyed a delicious lunch & dessert at Vevay this passed weekend. The cheesecake is to die for!
Lovely decor, relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. Only downside was that they only accept cash payments. Besides that, very recommendable!

Pros: central location , plenty of seating

Cons: they only take cash, no cards

very tasty and top location - Edit

VEVAY is a mostly vegan restaurant and Cafe that serves vegetarian, vegan, raw, clean food and low carb food. the interior is nice and the windows give way to the fascinating Frankfurt skyline. I highly recommend this place and hope it will be open for a long time.

Pros: location, menu, very friendly staff, yummy, room w

Cons: not the cheapest but I don't mind as the food

Top 1. Great menu, daily soup is everytime awesome, as well all the food on menu. Vitamin coctail is to be tryed. vegan cheesecake is their best sweetie #allnatural #purevegan - Edit

2 times in 2 days - Edit

I was in Frankfurt for 2 days only and the food was so good the first day that I came back for lunch again the second day. I got a salad the first day - I forget what it was called but it was quite good. The Protein Bowl the next day was delicious and the ingredients were so fresh and high quality.

Pros: Food quality, Delicious, Prices

Yum - Edit

Loved eating here! Cute upstairs area with a nice view. As gluten free & vegetarian patrons, there were many options to choose from and the staff was extremely accommodating!

Pros: Vegan & Vegetarian , Gluten free options (clear menu listings), kind and attentive staff

One of the best. - Edit

We recently traveled Japan, Germany, Holland and Belgium. This was easily the best place we ate at, for consistent quality, taste, offer and cost.
We ate there once expecting to eat somewhere the next day, but we couldn't resist going back, we then went back on the third day for breakfast too.
Great mains, great fresh smoothies, great desserts and great breakfast options!
Bilingual helpful staff too!

Pros: Great food, great cost, helpful and tasty!

Cons: None.

Delicious, quality food - Edit

Quinoa pasta with lentils, protein salad, rice pasta with pomegranate seeds, "happy juice," and several smoothies were all incredible. Chocolate avocado pudding and vanilla chia pudding were also tasty. Food was so good we had to go back the next day.

Staff were friendly and answered my endless ingredient questions in English. (I have food allergies, so knowing all the ingredients is critical.) They even gave us the one English menu. Don't worry if there seems like there is no air conditioning when you first walk in. There is AC in the upstairs seating area.

It's a bit expensive (around €50 for a big lunch for 2 people), but totally worth it. Vegan and gluten-free items are clearly marked on the menu.

Pros: Many vegan dishes, Lots of gluten-free options, Friendly staff

Big city veg*n - Edit

Quite funny: Cash only, yet located directly opposite of the European Central Bank building (no kidding!). Super high quality food, including excellent salads. Very friendly staff. Full range of options (dinner, cake, smoothies, soup of the day, coffee, sparkling water...). Astonishingly fresh food, very well done. Mixed, young big city crowd including, of course, young bank people as well as extremely fine looking health aficionados. Around 10 seats outside at big street crossing. Beautiful plates & inside decor. Garlic-free options, yay! Directly at subway stop "Willy-Brandt-Platz", just one subway stop from central train station (not from airport station).

lots of vegan options - Edit

I went there for dinner with two omnivores while we were in Frankfurt on a business trip. The place is really nice and there are lots of vegan options on the menu. I had the tofu with teriyaki sauce which was probably not the best choice. The tofu was nice, the coconut rice with goji berries and the grillled vegetables too, but they didn't blend well together. One of my collegues had the quinoa spaghetti with lentils and he loved it. He is still raving about it and he is an omnivore that was scared of eating in a vegetarian restaurant. That was indeed a great result! The cheesecake I had for the dessert made up for the not-so-special main dish that I had. The slice was huge and it was delicious. It is a bit expensive, but nonetheless it is a great option if you are in Frankfurt looking for healthy and vegan food.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-26

Pros: nice vibe, good location, great cakes

Cons: expensive

Great place for lunch in the city - Edit

I sometimes feel a little uncomfortable going into restaurants on my own, like I'm an inconvenience to them, but I didn't have that problem at Vevay. In fact, I had exactly the opposite experience. The team at Vevay were so welcoming and helpful, and the food was excellent. I had the protein bowl and some mango and peach lemonade and it was delicious.

Pros: Great food, Nice atmosphere, Lovely staff

Moderate - Edit

Nearly good quality, good taste, but horrible expensive. Tried a Vevay plate/menu: A little salad, some creamy sauce and ONE(!!!) small falafel ball, along with fake black olives (colored with iron oxide). All together for 12 Euros.

My favorite downtown - Edit

I come here regularly during my lunch break and would advise to not come between 12.00 and 13.00 as it’s packed during the first lunch slot and quite loud upstairs. I usually show up around 2pm which is great. I bring my kindle and really enjoy my lunch just like eating at home… I have my favorite dishes, my favorite table, and would not like to miss the routine anymore. The dishes a bit bland so you have to either tell them or build up on the seasoning or bring your own ;) Otherwise I have not eating anything I did not like. The cakes are good as well, though ab bit sweet - but that’s me - gluten free cakes available on a irregular basis as well. Always fresh and good tasting. Staff is friendly and helpful, especially the tall blond one (don’t even know her name, will check next time ).

The interior is modern and cozy, very well lit and clean.

Some say the portions are bit too small, I think that depends, but for sure they concentrate on quality not quantity, which I prefer.

Pros: location, interior design, cleanliness, friendly staff

Cons: gluten free dishes are limited, vegan dishes are limited

vegan friendly - Edit

There is no English menu but the tall blonde in charge will happily translate - she's great service. Pasta dishes are generous, however low on seasoning. Great coffee service. Have gone in twice and will go again.

Pros: vegan, generous portions, immaculate

Cons: light tastes, tiny desserts, no English menu

Fresh, healthy and delicious - Edit

This is a lovely cafe with really nice decor and a great veggie and vegan menu. The helpful staff translated the menu for me and I had the vegan platter - a beautifully presented array of salads, dips and falafel served with freshly cut bread. It was superb!

outstanding - Edit

Super relaxing, modern atmosphere. Staff speaks English and was very friendly and informative. Accepts reservations. I had the breakfast and can't wait to come back for lunch and dinner. Definitely one of the best veg restaurants I've been to, and I've been to hundreds all over the world.

Pros: atmosphere, staff, food quality

best spot right in the city centre - Edit

overlooking a busy part of Frankfurt's financial district, vevay offers great food in a stylish and relaxing atmosphere. I had pancakes with fruits and maple syrup for breakfast along with a vegan tomato-mozzarella sandwich which both were super tasty. The vegan mozzarella is even home made!! will definitely come back on my next trip to Frankfurt.

Pros: the location, the food, the atmosphere

Cons: a bit expensive

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VEVAY closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.