Vesuvius Wood Fired Pizza

• Veg-friendly
Contact 515-233-7183

1620 S Kellogg, Ames, Iowa, USA, 50010

Serves meat, vegan options available. Order at the counter pizzeria. Pizzas are handmade in front of you. Ask for the vegan cheese and vegan meat substitutes. The sauce and dough are supposed to be vegan.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sarahjane

Delicious! - Edit

My husband and I ate here for the first time this week (June 2015) and really liked it! We're new to town and were worried that there wouldn't be many vegetarian options compared to what we're used to in Southern California. The pizza is hand made within view and delicious. The crust has a little burntness to it, which I like (I love crispy pizza). I can't wait to go back and try the vegan options (I try to eat vegan most of the time). We each ordered our own pizza and I had a half left for the next day.

Pros: Delicious, Good portions, Reasonably Priced

All around excellent - Edit

Enjoyed an excellent vegan pizza at Vesuvius. Service was quick and friendly, prices reasonable, and they even went out of their way to cut our pizza with a different cutter without us asking. :-)

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, Daiya cheese

Daiya vegan pizza - Edit

The vegan pizza options aren't listed on the menu, but they have Daiya vegan cheese available. I've heard they have vegan meats but haven't ordered them so I don't know what brand they use.

I usually order the #5 pizza with vegan cheese. Everytime I've eaten there, I've left happy. The service is fast and friendly. I've never had a mix-up with my order. The pizza crust is the best part, though. It's delicious. It is quite salty (they coat the crust with salt water before baking) which I really like, but if you wanted you could ask them not to salt it.

Pros: Awesome crust, Fast service, Daiya Cheese

Return to Ames Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vesuvius Wood Fired Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1225 times since Apr 2010.