First Review by beancurdled

Featuring falafel - Edit

Good falafel is hard to find. I am one of those, who doesn't purchase a falafel from *just anyone*.

I first met a Very Good Falafel at a farmers market where they were in great demand, enough I suppose to open a shop! I overheard about the family recipes that made up the components of these falafels and how different falafels are, in different parts of the world.

Yeah, anyhow, this is it. If you are looking for very good falafel. Cafe pretty much is all about this menu item, although you can find brownies, filter coffee and dips. A falafel in pita costs $8.50 and is ample for a decent meal. Cheap, huh? There is seating inside. Staff are friendly and everything is made fresh.

Pros: Inexpensive, Fresh and authentic, Best falafel around town!

Great options - Edit

I ordered the falafel with salad. All of the salads were vegan but aren't always so ask them. I really enjoyed everything. Service was fast and friendly and it was very reasonably priced. It got quite busy too. They said most of the items were vegan.

VERY GOOD!!! - Edit

I admit I was sceptical when this slick, hip-looking falafel shop showed up at the Albion St end of Sydney Rd where good, cheap falafel abounds. When friends recommended it to me, I grimaced. But yesterday, feeling seedy and unable to decide what to eat, I decided to get over myself and give it a go. I concede - it is VERY good. It's the super tasty, creative salads that elevate it beyond other local felafel options. Topped with three crispy fried, fluffy falafels drizzled with tahini - there was heaven in every mouthful. The four different vegan salads complemented each other perfectly with a combo of cooked and raw veggies and grains, flavours and textures. Open for lunch and dinner until 10pm and a short bike ride from home, I can see it becoming a regular favourite.

Pros: variety of salads, affordable , simple, well-designed space

Cons: limited seating , a bit cold inside

Return to Brunswick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Very Good Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 180 times since May 2016.