Vertigo Burgers & Fries

850-878-2020

1395 E Lafayette St, Tallahassee, Florida, USA, 32301

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a "going green" vegan burger (quinoa and red bean) as well as vegan chili and a daily vegetarian special that can be made vegan to-order. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by beatnik

Disappointed - Edit

The restaurant claims they cater to vegans, but when I ordered, the person at the counter told me that none of the bread is vegan. I then asked for the vegan chilli but was disappointed as it was really dry. It was toward the end of the day, but I felt I wasted my money.

They Are Trying - Edit

Well, let's get first things first, this is a burger joint that is attempting to enter the 21st Century. Kudos to them. They offer several vegan options and the website states that the will cater to your needs and make meals, like the daily special, vegan upon request.
The vegan chile is a solid choice although generally I prefer a little more spices in mine. However, you won't go wrong by ordering it. The Thai salad is fresh and has good and varied vegetables and a nice chile-lime vinaigrette dressing. As I stated in another review, I am a french fries snob, so I rate their fries good, which is actually a good review. The onion rings were large, but a little too oily for our tastes. Most people will like them, I'm guessing.
They have a couple of vegan burger choices and more salads. I will update this review when we sample more of the items on their menu.

Pros: Clean, Vegan Choices (including some on request), Good Value

Return to Tallahassee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vertigo Burgers & Fries closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.