Vertical Diner

Contact 801-484-8378

2280 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84115

Vegan diner serving down-home comfort food and breakfast all day. Specialties include fried faux chicken, blueberry pancakes, and hand cut french fries. Also serving fair trade coffee, tea, chocolate, and cocktails.

Category: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Roethke

the best for vegan diner grub - Edit

I have loved everything I've tried at Vertical Diner! I grew up in New Jersey, so I am VERY familiar with diner style food. This place is excellent, and absolutely try their fried chick'n. My 8 year old niece (not vegan) requests going to Vertical Diner for 'fried chicken' and french fries, and she is chicken strip and french fry connoisseur. I love taking my family here since I know it will be enjoyed by everyone:)

Pros: great food, bring non-vegans, price on point

Cons: terribly slow service

Great Vegan Comfort Food! - Edit

Breakfast is served all day, there is a Mac and cheese plate with a long list of sides from jackfruit to facon to broccoli and it's ALL vegan!!! The tofu scramble was wonderful. I ran out of room to try the vegan milkshakes...which would have probably given them a 5. I only gave them a 4 because I'm a vegan Mac n cheese addict and I've had better... but it was still a great dinner! The staff was super nice and service was fast for our party of 11.

Pros: All Vegan!, Breakfast all day!, Milkshakes and other desserts

something for everyone - Edit

I think the food here is delicious and the portions are good. It can get a tad pricey if you don't just get an entree (drink, dessert, appetizer, etc), but they do have specials on Mondays and Wednesdays. The atmosphere is fantastic and I always have a good time when I go with friends. Check it out!
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 30, 2015
I've heard the food, cleanliness, and service is really inconsistent here. But I almost always have a great experience. The food is so yummy. I think it is getting pricier though.

Pros: Good food & selection, Good service, Great atmosphere

Cons: kinda pricey, bad management

Crispy, Milkshake, and Buiscuit - Edit

I went to the Vertical Diner because their faux chicken was on a list of ten best faux chicken and I ordered the breaded chicken sandwich and it was super crispy with lots of spices and flavor. The vertical sauce wasn’t a thousand island special sauce but an aioli with rosemary and it was delicious. I think vanilla milkshakes are boring but the Vertical Diner milkshake is nice and sweet. The biscuit and gravy is good too. If you’re going to be in the Salt Lake area definitely try the Vertical Diner.

Meh. Not worth the $$. - Edit

I've got to be honest I've been totally let down both times I've been to vertical. The staff is not very attentive and they don't know a whole lot about the products they serve. (My waitress wasn't really sure what the hemp seed brownie was???)
It's also super over priced for just like low-qual food you could easily make at home. I bought a slice of "french toast" for $3.75 today and they brought me a piece of bread that literally looked like it had been toasted in a toaster and sprinkled a dash of powdered sugar on it... and then charged me $1.75 for syrup.......... for my one piece of toast...... My friend and I were so disappointed and so hungry afterwards we ended up getting a second breakfast at Blue Plate Diner.
On my birthday I had the carribean jerk sandwich which was tasty but still definitely not worth the money. All in all, I'd say SLC has WAY better and way cheaper options for vegans laying around. Not worth the time or the money.

Pros: all vegan, wide variety of options

Cons: expensive., mediocre quality at best., blah service.

One of our favorites - Edit

This is one of my families favorite places to eat. They have pretty good options available. I'm pretty fond of their taco salad, and haven't ventured outside that much. They also have really good smoothies and desserts. I guess the only con that I can think of is the focus of fake meats in some of their menu options, but they have enough other options that it seems to be okay :)

Pros: Great service, Great portions

Cons: not all options that healthy ;)

tasty eats - Edit

Been eating here for years and guess I forgot to review it. Never had a bad meal here. A few favorites have been the Philly with the mushroom option, the buffalo chicken ranch, and the jerk chicken sandwich. Tonight my daughter tried the dude cakes and they were amazing. I had the Ian Mackaye, a beg burger with Mac & cheese on it....wow! Definitely worth our drive from North Ogden.

Excellent food! - Edit

I was in SLC for ONE day and couldn't decide which vegan restaurant to eat it. I chose VD based on a recommendation from a SLC resident on Instagram. Glad I did! I can't remember the name of my dish, but it was a veggie burger with mac and cheese on top. YUM! So good, comfort food at its finest. The spicy fries were delicious too. Quirky atmosphere, but it was really hot in there and way too many fries. Both guys that waited on me were super friendly. Definitely a dive/diner feel and that's what makes it fun! I thought the service was fast but it was mid-afternoon and pretty empty inside.

Pros: Food, Service

Cons: Flies

Loved it! - Edit

The food is fantastic. All the classics from a fifties diner and then some... A must try are the Buffalo Tigers! I've never eaten meat but my friends that came with thought they were great!

Pros: Everything is vegan.

Cons: Service is friendly but forgetful so don't come in

Always amazing - Edit

I've been to the Vertical Diner 3 times now and it has always been delicious. The staff is friendly and quirky, and the food is definitely (to me) the best vegan option in all of SLC. My only complaint is that there are always so many flies in the restaurant, and although that might not bother everyone, I found it very hard to focus on my meal when I was constantly shooing the flies from my plate or my legs. Still worth the food though.

Pros: Friendly staff, amazing food

Cons: flies

A good vegan greasy dive - Edit

This is a good place to get your greasy diner food fix, with wings, nachos, sandwiches, etc. This is the sister restaurant to Sages. Although Sages is better, in my opinion, I could see me hitting this place when I was craving fried food, nachos, burgers, etc. It is an interesting location, comfortable, a little edgy. The staff was very nice and helpful. There is indoor seating, booths and tables, as well as outdoor patio seating. At the urging of the waiter, I got the buffalo wings. They were good, but not very spicy. Apparently, according to the waiter and waitress, people in SLC are not big on spicy. They just can't take the heat. I also had a Jamaican jerk chicken place, with beans and rice and a big side salad. Also, with this dish, the jerk seasoning was more sweet than spicy, which was very disappointing. Jerk spices/seasoning should have some nice bite to it. This missed it. It was still a good meal at a good price.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Large menu with many choices, Fair prices

Cons: Kick up the heat!!

What all diners should be - Edit

Vertical diner nails it. Great comfort food made with vegan and organic ingredients that still gets the right flavors and textures. I had the gravy train, which was excellent. Don't miss the green sauce in the bottle.

The menu is diverse enough to provide something to appeal to just about anyone. Prices are very reasonable, especially considering the quality of ingredients.

Vertical Diner is also to be commended for their efforts to be eco-friendly, including composting and using wind power.

Enjoy!

Pros: Delicious vegan comfort food, eco-friendly, attractively priced

Delicious Vegan Food - Edit

Every time I visit Salt Lake City, I stop in at Vertical Diner. Once again, I had a terrific meal. In fact, if you're looking for vegan comfort food in Salt Lake, this is your place. Looking back, I'd say it was at the Vertical Diner where I had my best vegan meal in Salt Lake.

Here's a bit about my experiences at the Vertical Diner. The Vertical has a large menu and each time I ate there, the food was freshly made and delicious.

The atmosphere is fun, retro, and upbeat. The woman who waited on me was happy to answer my questions about the menu. I'll definitely eat here again next time I'm in town.

Pros: Large all-vegan menu, Delicious food, Fun retro atmosphere, friendly staff

Nothing vertically challenged here. - Edit

Our first stop in SLC. What a great intro to the vegan scene in this town. Coming through the back door and passing all the AR literature put a smile on my face - there's nothing sweeter than vegan food made by passionate vegans.

Great diner style food. The philly and shakes were a standout but everything here was good. It seemed to draw a younger crowd but we felt fine with our 2 young kids and a toddler who couldn't stop harassing the neighbours.

If you get the chance do go.

Pros: All vegan, Comfort food

Good place to eat. - Edit

The portion seemed small at first but I was full by the end. They have so many things we had to come back and we got to go orders both times. Everything was good, and the staff was great.

Wasn't impressed - Edit

I feel like an outlier because it seems I'm the only person who doesn't like this place, but they honestly had the worst vegan breakfast I've ever had. I'm obsessed with breakfast foods and always order them when they're available, so suffice to say I eat A LOT of vegan breakfast, but I could barely pick at my food here. I tried a bit of everything, pancake, 'sausage', biscuit/gravy, tofu scramble, hash browns, and the pancake was the only thing that was passable. The rest I took home with me and ended up throwing out because it was just so unappetizing. :( The hash browns weren't even actual hash browns, just weird-tasting chunks of potato.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: breakfast is horrid

A MUST-VISIT restaurant in Salt Lake!! - Edit

So, the location and building aren't ritzy or fancy by any means, but the place has personality and I'm not a snob when it comes to finding good food. The staff are friendly. The food is great and ALL VEGAN. Good value for what we paid. No complaints.

TIP * (Monday nights are 'meatless Monday' and you get a discount on your ticket - see their webpage or FB page for details)

Update: I've really come to love their pancakes and breakfast food here - served all day! My family and I like these pancakes better than anywhere else (vegan or not)!

Update 2: The breaded chicken sandwich is so addicting! Also, I recently contacted the owners about something and I was so impressed at the way they handled the situation. We eat here at least once per week, and will continue do so. I love this place!

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Staff are friendly, Really good pancakes and breakfast

Cons: No ice in the water

Best vegan diner - Edit

I ate at Vertical 2 times in only 3 days spent in Salt Lake AND ordered food to go for the road, it's THAT GOOD. I think this is the best vegan comfort food I've ever had (that I didn't cook myself). Everything we tried was amazing!

Delicious! - Edit

A solid vegan diner option, serving up the kind of vegan food I love: vegan comfort food.

A broad menu with lots of options, moderate prices, very friendly people.

The prices aren't cheap for SLC, but they aren't terrible either. My breaded chicken sandwich buffalo style was $8.75, which is totally fair for the extremely tasty sandwich i got, but changing out the default side from carrot sticks or plain tortilla chips to fries, salad, etc, is a $3 uptick. I like that the base price point is low, but $3 for fries or mashed potatoes seems a bit excessive.

That said, the sandwich was wonderful: it's relatively rare, and a happy occurrence, when i don't feel the need to add salt, hot sauce, or other condiments to my food. This has a ton of flavor, and needed nothing else.

I'll absolutely go back!

Pros: delicious, vegan! and tons of options!

Cons: expensive sides

WOW, an american vegan diner - Edit

This place is great, one of the favourites from my recent US trip (and we ate out a lot). The so-so stuff first; yes it is in a bit of a crummy neighbourhood, yes the building is a bit run down. But we were on holiday to the US and wanted american style dinning (but vegan) and this place delivered! The decor gives it the quintessential diner feel, and the menu backs that up with buffalo wings, ranch dressing, burgers, fries, donuts, shakes - I even had my first biscuits and gravy - but everything is vegan. The waitress was super helpful and man did the food taste good. Even after the mountain of food we ate, the bill was something like $50. I love this place.

Pros: everything vegan, huge novelty eating 'american' veganfood, in expensive

Cons: a little out of the way

what a selection - YAY! - Edit

This place ROCKS. The menu is extensive, including anytime breakfast! Took 3 carnivore friends and they ALL loved their meals (including a Reuben, a Burrito, a huge diverse salad, and Chicken Biscuit Pie). We had a shared appetizer of buffalo wings. Shared a dessert of a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. ALL OF IT WAS SERVED AND PREPARED PERFECTLY. Service was top notch too...the waiter helped my friends make a selection they were super pleased with and patiently explained, when asked, "what is.....??"
This place is a gem and you should get there....I am absolutely going back for more!!

Pros: 100% plant based menu, OPTIONS galore!, not crowded

My favorite vegan restaurant!! - Edit

I cannot say enough about this delicious restaurant!! My family and I make a point to stop here each time we visit SLC and have been very pleased with everything we've tried. Our picky 18 month old even enjoys the food!!

Pros: Unique menu, Delicious , Great portions

Cons: Too far from me

LOVE this place! - Edit

Vertical is my very favorite vegan restaurant and I visit at every opportunity. The staff is very friendly and I like the casual diner atmosphere, complete with lunch counter. My favorite foods are the pancakes (WAY better than any omni pancakes I've eaten), the Horizontal Chili, the Avo Sub, and the La Mesa breakfast, which will easily feed me twice. I like getting carrot sticks with my sandwich instead of greasy fries, and I like that the staff will talk with you at length about what goes into the food--an important bonus if you're eating for health. The coffee is also fantastic, which is important for a girl who likes to go out to breakfast! I find the prices very reasonable for the product you get.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Sehr gut - Edit

War heute mit meinem Freund dort essen. Die Gegend ist etwas scary, aber das Diner und das Essen waren echt toll. Hier gibt es veganes Fast Food. Es war sehr lecker und das Personal sehr freundlich. Die Preise waren okay. Haben 25$ zu zweit bezahlt plus 5$ Tip.

Pros: Essen Geschmack, Auswahl, Freundlichkeit

Cons: Gegend

Good Food - but turned off by atmosphere - Edit

I really liked the food that I tried. The service was great with some really nice people.
But I just had a hard time with the run down joint and the flies everywhere! I sat down in the bench and sank because of the lack of support and then had to keep swatting away flies during the meal.
I really enjoyed the couple dishes I tried and it's a shame that I was so turned off by the atmosphere so much that I probably won't make an effort to go back.
I guess if you are in the area, it's worth a try and maybe the atmosphere won't bother you. But it's a shame it isn't in a better location and a better kept restaurant.

Soul-satisfying, stick-to-your-ribs Happy Food - Edit

This is a great place for vegan comfort food! I live about 4 hours away in the middle of rural cattle country in Wyoming, and this is my default restaurant for grabbing a bite to eat when I go to Salt Lake.

They make their own sausage, which is very good. I love the Phili Cheese Sandwich with their sausage and cheese sauce made from nutritional yeast. Other things I like on the menu are some of the savory breakfast dishes, including scrambled tofu.

I love their food, and the mashed potatoes are awesome, although as one person remarked, they add $3 to the price for the side of mashed potatoes.

If I stick to the main dish, then the prices are extremely reasonable -- most of my favorites meals are about $8.

Pros: Comfort Food, Very Filling , Awesome homemade sausage

Overpriced but good - Edit

I love Vertical. I just have a hard time with how expensive the food is. Most things have probably a 300% markup. They suck you in with the meal but only give you a couple carrots as a side. They will add a small side of fries or hashbrowns or mashed potatoes for an additional $4. Making your meal around $15+ when you leave. That's not including beverages. They have many good options. But, if you want to eat cheap. Skip the add-ons and try to get some of the specials.

Pros: Good food, good atmosphere

Cons: overpriced, small portions

Comfort Vegan Food in SLC - Edit

Reasonably priced, vegan comfort food. Pretty impressive for SLC! Try the breakfast, although not perfect, quite good. Really liked the house made vegan sausage, disliked the tempeh bacon.

Pros: hearty vegan breakfast

Cons: they could spruce the place up a bit

My favorite place in Utah - Edit

...and probably beyond. I got off the plane and drove straight there because, yes, it's that great. The only thing I don't really care for is their Ranchero dish because it's not ranchero anything and very greasy. But nevermind that, because everthing else is delicious and it's just a cool place all around. The BLT with Seitan is the best!

Pros: Great food, micro-brews, location

A-MAZING! - Edit

I love Vertical Diner! We have been there a couple of times and have never been disappointed. Who doesn't love breakfast all day!?

Unfortunately, if you like your breakfast before 10AM, they aren't open. This was our only disappointment.

Great CHICKEN SANDWICHES and MILK SHAKES! DELISH!

Pros: best food ever, chicken sandwich rocks, cozy atmosphere

Cons: not open early enough

Wish I lived in SLC - Edit

Delicious comfort food. Had the biscuits and gravy with a piece of fried chicken and a Philly cheese steak with the sausage which was amazing. Brownie for dessert. Will definitely be back next time I'm anywhere close.

Best Vegan Food in SLC - Edit

I was only in Salt Lake City for 2 days and after the first visit to Vertical Diner, I knew I had to come back the next day. The following items were very delicious: pancake (my all-time favorite), apple-pie stuffed french toast, potato wedges, and tofu scramble. I also ordered the grilled cheese which was a bit too cheesy for my taste, but still very tasty.

If I were in Salt Lake City for longer, I would probably go back every day so I could try more menu items. The menu is huge and the worst part of the whole dining experience is knowing that you cannot possibly order everything and inevitably you will miss out on something delicious.

This place is a must-go. The portions are good, the price is right, and the food is delish!

Pros: Food Variety, Food Flavor, Service

Great Food! - Edit

I stopped here on a recent road trip. I was amazed to find such an awesome place. The food was great. I had their jalapeno burger, and it was messy, but good. I also had their buffalo tigers, and those were wonderful.

The atmosphere was cozy. The prices were fair. The only drawback: they were busy and the waitress seemed overwhelmed. It could take a while to get service.

Overall, this place made me wish I lived in Salt Lake City.

Pros: tasty food, good atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: not enough staff

Awesome vegan fair! - Edit

Thanks to Happy Cow, I found this restaurant during my recent trip to Salt Lake City. The menu had depth, the service was nice and friendly, and the food was fantastic. I had the Chicken Biscuit Pie. It was flavorful and each bite gave me a little be different tastes. Will definitely dine there again before I leave.

Pros: Great food, All vegan, Extensive menu

Awesome place! - Edit

After looking up vegan friendly restaurants on happycow before my trip out west, I got sooo excited to try this place! And I was not disappointed at all!

Food: I got an appetizer of biscuits and gravy... YUM! Such a treat to have a vegan version of this! For my meal, I got the chicken pot pie (really a "chicken" stew biscuit). Even though I had a lot of biscuits between the appetizer and meal, I was not sick of biscuits! It was all very tasty. My boyfriend had a veggie burger, which I tasted a piece of and that it to be average. I would love to try pretty much everything on the menu, and if I ever go back to SLC, I will surely be going to this diner!

Prices: I'd say not too bad given that it's all vegan and uses local ingredients, if I'm not mistaken.

Atmosphere: Not bad but not particularly good either... sort of a typical very low key, casual type restaurant... more like a cafe than a diner, I'd say. I personally destested the 90's top 40 music that was playing, but since that's my biggest complaint about the experience, honestly that's no big deal!

Staff: VERY helpful and VERY friendly!

Pros: Great menu, Great tasting food, Friendly/helpful staff

Just my type. - Edit

This is definitely one of my favorite places to eat, overall. I'll admit some places have some better food, and theyre a bit bigger, but I just love the staff and atmosphere everytime I go. Very good food, cozy, friendly, and good portions for what you pay. :) yum! Buritos are great, so are the nachos, and burgers, theyre raw salad is one of my fav things to eat there :).

Pros: Atmosphere, good prices, yummy

Cons: location

Wish I was a local! - Edit

On a recent road trip I stopped in at the Vertical Diner for lunch. It wasn't far from my hotel in SLC & the reviews made it a must stop.
I had the Jerk Chickn Sandwich & chips & salsa - So good! The sandwich had great flavor & the salsa was homemade excellent!
The funky atmosphere of the diner makes me wish I was a local - this would totally be my hangout of choice. I can't wait to visit again on my next trip to SLC!

Pros: healthy cuisine, tasty food, friendly staff

Amazing! - Edit

I love Vertical! It is by far the best and my favorite vegan restaurant in Utah! I am more of a simple eater, so Vertical is perfect for me. That everything from "burgers" and fries, to mashed potatoes, "chicken" pot pies, "chicken" strips and beer. It is a great diner with simple tasty food! I recommend their garlic mashed potatoes, buffalo fries, tender tigers, taco salad and "chicken" pot pie. But everything is amazing!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Cool Environment

Wonderful Food, Decent Service - Edit

This place is really close to my apartment in SLC so it's definitely a favorite. The food is so SO good. There is a good variety of flavors and portions so everyone can find something. And the portions are large, which in my book is usually a good thing. The only things that I think could be improved upon are the ambiance and the service. All the servers are very nice and very helpful, but they are just a bit slow even on nights when there are only two or three others in the restaurant. And of course, the ambiance is similar to that of an old diner, but I think it is too small to contain the live bands they have playing there almost every night. But overall a great place to get good food!

Pros: Great Food, Good Portion Sizes

Cons: Slow Service, Noisy

SLC Yumness - Edit

I visited Vertical Diner twice: 1st- when I arrived in Salt Lake City & 2nd- when I left the next morning. I tried the Tender Tiger (fried chicken tenders on a stick), their hand-cut fries, Jamaican You Dream (jerk-flavored "chicken" fajitas), and The Avalanche. Everything was flavorful and tasty. The pancakes were very good. I don't like ranch (not even vegan ranch) so the waitress gave me a "fry sauce" which was delicious with the fries and the tenders. Ask for it when you go. I also tried the brownie a la mode. It was just okay. I've had some blow your mind vegan brownies so theirs just didn't cut it. The ice cream tasted like So Delicious, so it wasn't homemade or anything. Nonetheless, my waitress (same wonderful girl on both days) was extremely welcoming, helpful, and super-nice, and all of the entrees and appetizers were very good. If I'm ever in SLC again I'd definitely go back.

Pros: nice staff, 100% vegan

Good alternative when Sage's is closed! - Edit

Our friendly server at Sage's told us that we should try Vertical. So we did (but only because Sage's was closed when we wanted to go). And I'm quite glad we did. Unfortunately I did not try this place until my last day in Utah. I would have loved to go back and try other foods.

I ordered the mushroom cheese'steak'. It was delicious. It's so hard to believe that cheese was vegan!! Yummy!

The staff was fun and energetic. They were very helpful with the menu.

The night we went they were having a Vegan Drinks meeting in the backroom. I had to listen in. It sounded like so much I fun. I was envious and wanted to move to SLC right then. When I got home I researched Vegan Drinks and found that Iowa has it's very own chapter. Cool!

This place is definitely worth the stop. It's very casual, inexpensive, yet friendly while delivering tasty food!

Pros: Inexpensive, tasty

Vegan Eating in Mormonland - Edit

This place was a pleasant surprise. Who would've guessed an entirely vegan diner could exist in the heart of Mormonland? The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the prices were fair for vegan fare. Jamie our server was a down guy who promptly delivered our excellent food. Of course we had to top it off with a peanut butter brownie for dessert. This is my place whenever I return to Salt Lake City.

Pros: Fair Prices, Great Food, Good Service

Vegan diner - sweet! - Edit

Vertical Diner is a special treat for vegans. Has a genuine "old time" diner feel and a great selection of appealing menu items. The food was delicious.

Pros: Awesome mashed potatoes, yummy dessert

Cons: off the beaten path

Absolutely Delicious!! - Edit

This is the best diner in Salt lake city no doubt! Its very affordable, great staff, absolutely delicious meals! If I could eat there every day I would.

Pros: DELICIOUS! , AFFORDABLE!, GREAT PORTIONS!

mmm - Edit

if you like sage's, you'll love vertical. it's the same great food, but bigger and cheaper portions. best vegan blueberry pancakes i've ever had. a big breakfast menu. also, just like sage's, they make the best (thickest) vegan shakes! the chocolate peanut butter is my favorite. tender tigers are great. pretty much everything on the menu will make one happy.

it is also near the trax stop on 2100 s, you just have to walk south on west temple for a few blocks.

Pros: variety, value, service

Vertical Yumminess - Edit

Being a HUGE fan of Sage's, I was pretty excited about Vertical Diner. The food is awesome! I love the taco salad and almost everything else I've tried. Though, I'm not a very big fan of tomato sauce and cheese TOGETHER. Regardless, the service is wonderful and eating there is surely a must.

Pros: Seriously Awesome Service, Very Good Food

Wish It Was in California - Edit

The "Breaded Chicken Sandwich" with ranch sauce was pleasantly filling and flavorful. I took two of my non-vegan friends who agreed the food was delicious. One of them, a meat-eater, has since converted to a vegan diet; I don't know if it was because of the free vegan literature offered.

It's rare to see a vegan diner in southern California. This was a rare treat to me.

Pros: friendly staff, appetizing food, fast service

Cons: small selection

Fantastic!! - Edit

We have been to the vertical diner several times and I have never been dissapointed. The food is amazing! My kids love the chocolate chip pancakes and beg us to take them to vertical diner all the time.

This is also a great place to take non-veg friends and family. My parents LOVE this place and my dad is picky about veg food.

The brownie sundae is a MUST, it is delicious! The service is always great, although on weekends when it's busy it may take longer to get your food, well worth the wait though. I also love that it is a kid friendly place. I highly recommend vertical diner if you are ever in SLC.

Pros: Great food, Great service , kid friendly

walking back to happiness - Edit

This was meant to be breakfast but we took so long to walk there it became lunch. It was worth the wait, though. Good value food and to-die-for soy shakes. And the Aussie waitress gave us a free chocolate brownie "for the walk back". This place is a little cracker - but don't walk there from town (like we did) because it'll take an hour.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, amazing soy shakes

Cons: a LONG walk from town

Fantastic! - Edit

The food was delicious, service was great and friendly, and the prices were maybe even a little too low. I make a point of visiting at least once whenever I'm in town.

Pros: delicious, all vegan, cheap

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vertical Diner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 10623 times since Aug 2007.