Get the HappyCow App

badvegancook

Contributions +82

27 Sep 2015

A perfect meal for a perfect wedding - Edit

Chef Keawe and his team went above and beyond to make our special day a perfect one.
Communication was so easy. Johanne and Chef Keawe were always available and answered my many questions clearly and promptly. Thanks to their website, we were able to list our favourite meals from their menu and Chef Keawe created a buffet-style vegan menu, without garlic or onion, from our selection.
On the food! We had: assorted popcorn (rosemary, nutritional yeast, cajun), cheese platters with fresh fruits and nuts, and the Mediterranean dip platters as starters; spring rolls, a nacho bar and fancy sandwiches and salads as main dishes. It was perfect! The food was simply excellent. Everybody loved it and raved about it, even non-vegans. Chef Keawe was able to take very simple dishes like the tofu salad sandwich and added a refined touch to it (think curried tofu with walnuts and apples, mesclun greens on multigrain loaf). So good!
Our 40+ guests and us were delighted and truly impressed with Vert La Bouche food, service and beautiful presentation. I cannot recommend them enough!

Pros: amazing creative food, high-quality service, inexpensive

Comment avatar

jasonbehrmann

Contributions +11

Mostly Vegetarian
04 Jan 2015

Great personal chef services in Montreal - Edit

We had the pleasure of having Keawe (Vert La Bouche) be our personal chef this December 2014 for my husband’s birthday. Rather than an evening at a restaurant, I decided to gift a personal chef experience; Keawe catered our party of 25 guests in our home and worked culinary magic in our kitchen right before our eyes (I ordered Keawe’s “interactive food station” service). In addition to excellent food, we all shared an entertaining evening socializing with our congenial chef, which made for an unforgettable dining experience.
Three essential attributes of a fine meal are appearance, taste and texture; Keawe’s food was superb for all three attributes. His “Rissoto Rice Balls with a Sage Cream Sauce” were exemplary: in addition to an elegant presentation, the lightly fried breaded exterior of these risottos balls provided a pleasant crunch, followed by a soft texture of mushroom seasoned rice complemented with a chewy centre of melted mozzarella cheese. The other meals he prepared were equally exquisite and thoroughly enjoyed by all my guests. Best of all, his fresh vegetarian ingredients meant that all food was delicious as well as nutritious. We would be delighted to have Keawe’s services again--and we certainly will!

Pros: Friendly, Timely, Delicious

Comment avatar

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vert La Bouche closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.