Versachi Pizza and Wine Bar

129 Toorak Rd, South Yarra, Victoria, 3141

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza and pasta menu with added vegan versions in 2017. Includes vegan meatballs, risotto, pizzas= with meat and cheese substitutes, eggplant parmigiana, salad, and pasta; has vegan parmesan. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LPhillipLucas

so good! - Edit

And so many options! Was so fun to order dishes I haven’t had forever like pollo funghi pasta - vegan chicken and vegan cream sauce! Definitely DEFINITELY get the garlic cheese bread.

Pros: nice waitress

best vegan pizza I’ve ever had - Edit

This is the perfect pizza, so much cheese. The bbq chicken and the margarita and the potato rosemary are amazing. Only downside is the price, it’s a rare treat for us but well worth it

Lots of delicious vegan options - Edit

The menu has all vegetarian and vegan options clearly listed. We were really impressed with how many options there were in pizzas, pastas and wine. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It’s a small but nice restaurant and they offer take away and delivery to certain areas. We had cream and mushroom linguine with Parmesan (a small cup you could keep adding more - my favourite!) and the v-burn pizza which certainly lived up to its reputation of being very hot. We spoke to the waitress after and she was very happy to have vegans come in. They have vegan chicken, prawns, bacon and great cheese for pizza and pasta dishes. Cream and mushroom needed a little extra salt but was delicious.

Very vegan-friendly menu and staff - Edit

When I first moved to the area, Versachi had vegan cheese for all their pizzas, which was a win in my book. But since then, I've watched them make a huge effort to introduce amazing new pizzas and pastas filled with plant-based egg, cheese, cream, chicken, ham, bacon and meatballs (not to mention the wine)!

Last night I tried one of the delicious new creamy mushroomy chicken pastas they've just added and it was so delicious, with crispy pan-fried 'chicken' bits – a crazy flashback to what I would've ordered before I went vego! My girlfriend had the classic tasty primavera.

You won't be disappointed dropping in to reward these guys for their efforts.

(PS beware the fries – I've been told they're still cooked in animal fat. Maybe make a comment about that when you visit).

verbosity 24 Jan 2018 - I contacted the business today after reading your review. They used to cook their chips in animal fat, but now use vegetable oil.

Return to South Yarra Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Versachi Pizza and Wine Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.