Verdi Verdi

Contact 0035020060733

Unit G10, 2A Main Street (at /behind taxi rank in Casemates Square, International Commercial Centre (ICC)), Gibraltar,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Have some fish options but are otherwise vegetarian. Cafe, creperie, coffee shop, restaurant, snack bar. Note that the cheese is not veg. Previously on Cornwall's Lane. Opened at new location Nov 2011. Open Mon-Thu 7:30am-6:00pm, Fri 7:30am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Non-veg

First Review by morado luna 22

Great Falafel - Edit

My vegan friend that lives in Gibraltar took me to this little gem.

The falafel is very tasty - mostly due to the homemade pepper jam that the owner makes and the wraps that he makes in house. The portion was adequate to fill up an average person.

They will quite often make a vegan desert once or twice a week.

My friends like the coffee they make here.

He was kind enough to show me how he makes the wraps in-house. I plan on using his recipe to make some gluten-free ones for my cafe back in Edmonton.

The owner opening engages in conversations. He is knowledgeable and opinionated. You may not agree with everything he talks about but isn't it wonderful to have a place where people can speak their minds and banter about ideas. I like the conversations.

I ate there several times over the 4 days I was in Gibraltar and each time was very good.

The owner is very knowledgeable about veganism and vegetarian diets and ethics. He told me that his household quite often chose plant-based meals and have reduced their meat consumption.

Pros: Great Falafel, Engaging conversations

Cons: Engaging conversations

Great Food Every Time - Edit

I have always enjoyed a meal at Verdi Verdi. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed and the food tastes fresh and full of flavour. I always leave feeling like I have had a good quality meal.

Pros: Vegan options taste nice and filling. Good coffee

Cons: I would like to see the opening hours extended to

Very clean vegetarian food and service with a laug - Edit

Idan, Fran, Taz and Martina always make a massive effort to get it right. Their salads and falafel are always on point and the only criticism I have is that they never make enough! Becareful when eating lunch there, try to make it in time, otherwise by the late afternoon there are no tables and no food left!! If you do eat at verdis, reserve a table, pre book your food and enjoy! It really is that good.

Also if you do get a chance to chat to the owner Idan, be ready for quality banter and dry humour. It always adds something extra to the already delicious food.

Looked abandoned - Edit

We spent a long time trying to find vegan food in gibralatar, walked past this place and it actually looked abandoned the door was one but it smelt and looked like abandoned inside and no one was there

Has Verdi Verdi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1227 times since Aug 2009.