First Review by laurute

On the Fence - Edit

I went to the location on Schandauer Str to finally check it out, as I usually do all of my shopping at the Bio Company. They do have some nice things, but I find the set-up a bit chaotic. I'm the type of person that likes to take my time and explore when buying food, but I always felt like if I stopped anywhere for more than 2 seconds that I would be bumped into. They did have some interesting vegan products, but after looking at all of the prices I'm not so sure in the membership would be worth it. Many of the membership prices are just the normal prices. But I did notice that on staples like potatoes, flour, pasta, and the likes, the membership price was cheaper, but I don't know if it makes a difference when you factor in the membership fee costs. I'd also need to supplement because they don't have everything that I would need. I also noticed on my receipt when I got home that I was charged €0,50 for using my EC card...which really is a pet peeve for me because I've worked in merchant services and I know that businesses are not supposed to charge this, or say that you have to make a minimum purchase in order to use your card. But I did find kale and it's still summer, so I'll just remember to bring cash next time for the few items that I can get exclusively there. So hence my title of the review. I'd give it 3.5 stars.

Pros: Close to my house, some unique vegan products

Cons: Not sure if membership is worth it

Big choice and good quality - Edit

I have been a member since three months and I am very satisfied with the food offered. I can also find Mozzarisella, which is normally not so traceable in shops. They have different kinds of icecream and vegan bread. So, I could not ask more. What is actually missing is makeup, but it is not a big deal. The only problem is that you need a quite expensive contribute for the membership, even if you get a discount compared to "normal" bioshops. At the end I am not sure that is so convenient for 2 persons. But the quality is good, until I can afford it I will remain a customer.

Pros: Big choice for vegans, Good quality, Regional food

Cons: Membership

Return to Dresden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Verbrauchergemeinschaft closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1312 times since Dec 2010.