Veguisima

Contact 551-357-6944

Pachuca 59, Colonia Condesa, Mexico City, Mexico,

Small place serving Mexican vegetarian food (taco, torta, tostada) with Caribbean flair. Aug 2016 reported fully vegan. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Caribbean

First Review by FerGallart

Fantastic! - Edit

I stumbled upon this place as I was out wandering from my hostel. Although I speak no Spanish, the man behind the counter was able to help me find things to eat. I ate twice here and each time it was amazing. I was very happy to be close to this wonderful place. Everything was tasty and thankfully not very tofu/soy based. Highly recommended.

Pros: Daily variety , Veggie based, Helpful despite language barrier

Cons: Hours seemed short, Few drink choices

Fresh, crusty tortas - Edit

Turned up for lunch at 12:30pm but they only had one option ready and said they weren't starting proper lunch until 2pm. We didn't mind though as the option was sauteed red onion, mushroom and orange pepper which we had in tortas. Sandwiches were fresh and crusty and the filling was yum. Very reasonable at only 40 pesos per torta. Unfortunately though they put waaay too much of some kind of veganaise/chipotle type spread in the sandwich which ruined the flavour and texture a bit. Would have preferred the torta without that. Worth dropping by this place for a casual lunch though.

Pros: Good ingredients, Fresh and tasty

Cons: Too much veganaise

Hole in the wall - Edit

After hearing that there was a new vegan place in my neighbourhood, I ventured out to check it out. Like most vegan taco places in the city, the creative way they put the fillings together always surprises me. In fact this place was no different where I had some interesting combinations to emulate meat but of course without using the fake stuff. This always makes a change. The prices are good and the service is friendly as well.

Pros: interesting food, friendly service, good prices

Cons: a bit pokey

concept is good, needs more development - Edit

food tastes good, but the place seems a bit dirty, food lacks of freshness.

I'd love to visit this place again, because it's tasty and also non expensive, but would love to see that they take a little bit more care of the venue and the food.

Pros: vegan, not expensive

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veguisima closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.