VegOut on Charles

• ( 39 reviews )

Vegan cafe opened Mar 2018. Serves coffee and drinks, bagel sandwiches, and other savory vegan foods. Open Tue 11:00am-3:00pm, Wed 11:00am-7:30pm, Thu-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Sat 9:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Western, Australian

(Y) Yummy. Would recommend

Mystic_duck

Points +80

27 Apr 2021

A relief at journey's end

Having travelled up the east coast, it was a massive relief to find a vegan place at the end of my journey. Vegout had not only a great menu of food to eat (I had the loaded fries and croquettes) but also offers a small grocery section of vegan food both local and non-local

Pros: Entirely vegan and lots of options!, Small grocery section

Cons: Shuts at 5pm so not suitable for dinner

nute

Points +25

09 Apr 2021

Just What This Vegan Was Looking For.

Laid back vibe with a good selection of food on the specials board. Outdoor seating with a view across the road of a large park with magnificent trees.

NeriNeri

Points +40

13 Mar 2021

Really good

A cute little cafe with great all vegan food! I had the brekkie sandwich and a cupcake both were really really good! And they have a lot of vegan sweets to buy home.

Melfrench24

Points +24

06 Mar 2021

Legends!

100% vegan cafe that catered to my intolerances. I've been to VegOut 2 days in a row and will probably go tomorrow as well.

JoAnneWard

Points +35

05 Mar 2021

Great burgers

Delicious burgers and fries, friendly staff

Pros: All vegan

Maddi

Points +112

17 Feb 2021

Awesome burgers!

Really enjoyed this yummy lunch stop.
Have a burger here - you will not be disappointed :D

kristen377

Points +20

08 Jan 2021

Amazing cakes!

Ordered a late notice cookies and cream cake and couldn’t have been happier. It was absolutely delicious 😍

KatherineSmith

Points +30

28 Feb 2020

Amazing 💓

Really great food and amazing service ! Cat was so kind and lovely, she deserves a raise !

Updated from previous review on 2020-02-28

TarahHodgkinson

Points +135

31 Jan 2020

Such good food

Cute little place with some great vegan food. Definitely with a stop in.

Pros: All vegan and lots of gluten free

Guest

19 Jan 2020

Fresh and fantastic

Recommend to all! Fresh and yummy options..sweet and savoury delights. Friendliest staff around. Asked for coffee hot as I prefer..and was perfect.

JoshuaWilliam

Points +26

12 Jan 2020

Friendly staff, awesome food

Wife and I had a great breakfast here, food and coffee we're both great. Staff are super nice and we got some cake to take away that was also great. Would recommend!

Pros: Plenty of choice, Great food and coffee, Friendly staff

cben73

Points +22

09 Jan 2020

Great service and amazing food

Visited this venue this morning and so happy to find a vegan option that wasn't burgers or salad! My omnivore hubby ordered their soup and I ordered the pancakes.

Both were amazing and while the orders took a while to come out (not a concern for me as I had faith it would be worth it!) the customer service was incredible.

Staff offered free coffee which wasn't necessary but lovely they really take care of their customers.

Hubby enjoyed his soup and was still asking me if I was sure it was vegan as it tasted so creamy 😂😂

Well done to the team operating this cafe and thankyou for the fabulous meals and customer service!

Pros: All vegan options and fabulous friendly service

Cons: Very small venue

Allyjane

Points +11

Mostly Veg
03 Jan 2020

Food party in my mouth

Flavours galore, food was fantastic yet again.

Pros: Good variety, Big portions, Friendly staff

CassandraThomas

Points +279

08 Dec 2019

Perfect start

This was our first place dining out when we arrived in Launceston. The staff are so incredibly friendly, the place has a great vibe and the food was really yummy! We'd continue to eat here if we were staying on town.

Pros: Inexpensive , Great staff, All vegan

Cons: Not a lot of seating room

Cara37

Points +32

07 Dec 2019

Amazing vegan cafe

All vegan, and everything I tried was delicious! Pancakes, coffee (with Bonsoy), cookies, jackfruit burger, all really impressive.

Pros: Delicious food, lovely staff, and heaps of options

maruluciani

Points +64

27 Nov 2019

The best place in town

Vegout is the best vegan place to eat. I love the atmosphere and the people working there. Menu changes all the time and also the options for dinner are amazing. I go there every time I can. Thanks for feeding the Launceston vegan community!

AnnArai

Points +659

08 Aug 2019

Must do!

Daily changing menu and delicious vegan food. Was there a couple of times and everything I had was so good! Can't make the wrong choice here. Some seats to eat or you can also take away and eat in the lovely princess park in front of the café

VeganSoapDude

Points +3169

06 Jul 2019

Awesome café, great food, amazing coffee

This is by far my favorite place to eat in Launceston. The coffee is really nice, the menu is constantly changing and everything I've had has been great. The staff are wonderful. Don't miss VegOut on Charles!

Pros: 100% vegan, Awesome coffee, Awesome food

Cons: Small, limited seating

mergan

Points +20

12 Jun 2019

Just Love This Place

What an excellent little cafe -- my whole family enjoys eating there, including my omnivore partner. The food is delicious, and the staff are just wonderful. Highly recommended!

Updated from previous review on 2019-01-08

Pros: Delicious food, Good value for money, Very friendly

Cons: Very small with limited seating on-site

StephanieTreble

Points +89

11 Jun 2019

Friendly and tasty

The staff were so friendly and kind, I felt welcomed when I went there for a late lunch. The menu was varied, and the food was full of flavour.

Pros: All vegan, Good variety

dfhall61

Points +18

30 May 2019

Great food and great service!!

Happy Cow for the win again. I had the breakfast mushroom focaccia with avocado. My wife had the Nacho's with spicy beans. Both were great and we had to takeaway because neither of us could finish even though it tasted so good. Staff were super nice and service was speedy.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

AnnaPorter

Points +118

26 Apr 2019

Come here immediately

We found this place via Happy Cow app and holy poop we are so glad we did!! A tiny set up but with the loveliest people and most delicious food. We’ve been in Tassie for over a week and this was the best vegan food we have had!! We had the creamy mushroom burrito, so it mushroom and chilli pasta and spring rolls. All dishes were delicious and we ate everything!! So good!! A must visit for anyone in Launceston

Pros: Best vegan food on our trip to Tassie , Loveliest staff, Great central location

Cons: Tiny, can’t seat that many but you can take away, Not in Melbourne 😭

BrieDunstan

Points +28

21 Apr 2019

A must for vegan visitors!

I had the breakfast bagel and it was very delicious!! I wish I could have tried everything on the menu and I’m very jealous of those that can call this place their local. If you’re vegan and visiting Launceston this place is a must!!
Lots of smoothies to choose from as well as a really well stocked fresh cake display.
Small and cosy.

Pros: Great food , Balanced menu , Lovely service

Cons: Limited indoor seating

❤️allanimals

Points +119

30 Mar 2019

Delicious food

This place is a hidden gem, had it not been for HappyCow I’d never have found Vegout. The owner Christine should be very proud, her food is amazing, honestly so tasty and a good variety. Ive been there three times now in less than a week. All the staff have been very friendly, but a special mention to the lovely Isabel. If only we had cafes like this all over Australia.
Highly recommend 🌱
Ps you will be full after the main, but get takeaway deserts, you won’t be disappointed.
Cheers Brenda Aspey

Pros: Good value, Very tasty, Friendly staff

Cons: We haven’t got this cafe in Sydney 😖

veganpossum

Points +29

27 Feb 2019

Incredible food and cakes

We were only in Launceston for a few days so I didn’t get to try everything on the menu - it was so hard to choose! They had amazing looking salads, nachos, burgers, sandwiches and wraps - and I couldn’t resist the carrot cake. I need to go back to try the caramel slice it looked incredible!!!

Pros: Central, Everything vegan, Great value

ReslaneKhassouani

Points +176

21 Feb 2019

So yummy

I got the Adam’s burger made with a chickpeas patty and with some fries. It was delicious, the portions were too big, I couldn’t finish it all.
The place is nice and cosy, and the staff is friendly.
Worth it.

Pros: The food is tasty , Not too pricey , The staff is nice

Cons: The place is quite small , The portions are too big

Return to Launceston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VegOut on Charles closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.