CLOSED: VegOut Cafe

245 Abercrombie St (at Lawson), Darlington, New South Wales, 2016

Casual vegan food cafe, opened Sept 2013. Food is all vegan; the only exception is milk provided for coffee. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Australian

First Review by SallyBrown

Awesome vegan cafe - Edit

I luurrve this cafe! They have great, freshly cooked vegan food and they use bonsoy, the best soy in the world, for no extra charge! I specially love the pie with mashed potato and gravy, the breakfast pancakes with berries and soy yoghurt, and the lentil burger. Cannot rave enough about the tempura style sweet potato fries, they are addictive! My fave place for breakfast.

Pros: All food is vegan, Food is great, Bonsoy

Small Vegetarian/ Vegan cafe - Edit

Nice little place, very friendly. Just getting started really, so interested in customer feedback. Prices are pretty cheap. I had the felafel wrap ($7.50) - was a bit spicy and very tasty. A fresh delivery of funkypies arrived whilst I was there too, apparently the last lot sold out in super-fast time...

Pros: friendly, good prices, all food is vegan

Cons: might not get a seat at peak times, cash only

VegOut Vegetarian and Vegan Cafe - Edit

This is my second visit to the VegOut Cafe this week. Fresh cakes and muffins baked daily, and I bought some Kale Pesto. What I liked most is that its like a normal cafe, with coffee etc, but I can still get amazing vegan food and vegetarian food for me and my friends. We meet up there now. Oh, and yeah, VegOut Cafe have free wifi.

Pros: Lots of Vegan options, Great Energy, CLEAN!!

Cons: Was hard to find at first

Small little vegan cafe - Edit

Nice menu options. Most things are vegan. Good to have a vegan cafe in this part of town.

VegOut Vegetarian and Vegan Cafe - Edit

This place is awesome. I stumbled across this place by accident. I went in for a cup of coffee and asked if they had any vegan or vegetarian options for food. I was told by the barista that ALL the food is vegan, but I can still have my coffee with milk. I fell in love all over again.
The place is new, so I did not expect too much, but was surprised at the range of vegan cakes, pies and pastries available. I settled on a vegan banana bread, lightly toasted with some margarine. It was awesome. After Uni, I came back with some friends, some vegan, some vegetarian, some omnitarian. How amazing it was to be able to all be in the same cafe sharing a coffee, my friends had chai, oh oh, and they have BOTTOMLESS CHAI!!
Unlike the run-o-the-mill darkened cafes that litter Sydney, the vegout cafe has heaps of good light. I am going to go there for study as the music was not blasting like a rock concert, in fact, it was quite funky. I think Fat Freddys Drop..
Back to the cafe. The service was excellent, we got complimentary vegan toasted olive bread, and a guy came over regularly to top up my friends bottomless chai.
I am so looking forward to more from this place.

Pros: Vegan , Vegetarian, Free WiFi

Cons: Lacks signage

Has CLOSED: VegOut Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.