First Review by henrikw

The best cheese burger I've ever had! - Edit

The döner is okay, but the cheese burger is awesome! The french fries are so-so, so don't bother, have two of the cheese burgers instead;-) All our plates came at different times, so this was quite annoying. All in all, okay vegan junk food, did I already tell you to try the cheese burger?

Pros: 100% vegan, Tasty, Central location

Cons: No toilet, Uncomfortable seating, Limited healthy options

was für ein Cheeseburger! - Edit

in den Räumen der ehemaligen Metzgerei Fleischmann hat der Wandel zum friedlicheren Essen statt gefunden. Hier wird neben leckeren Fast food auch mindestens ein Tagesgericht serviert. der Schwerpunkt liegt aber klar auf dem Döner (vom spieß!) auf Sojabasis.
Für mich persönlich wurde er allerdings noch vom Cheeseburger getoppt.

Ich mag einfach kleine, ehrliche Läden mit Charakteren vor und hinter dem Tresen.

Klarer Tipp für Nürnberg!

Love it! - Edit

I've been here several times now, with it being full of people or almost no one at all.
The "Vegöner" is just the best, I have it every time! They serve it fast and ask every time every person individually while making it what they want on it and how spicy they want it.
I also had the spring rolls, fries, grilled veggies and the "Gulasch" and everything was tasty!

The only thing that is quite teateless it the mayonaisse and the new red sauce for the Vegöner. I liked and still like the "yogurt-sauce" they've always had and still have.

They are also generous if you ask for some more sauce.

The staff is always friendly and kind and I am a big fan of this place!
The prices are also easy to pay and you get a well sized portion for the money your pay.
My student friends are also very happy here.

Pros: Lovely Vegöner and taste, Nice and kind staff, Low ranged prices w/ good sized portions

Cons: a bit uncomfortable dining in, not on my daily route to work ;)

Love this place - Edit

Great place. great food and great care in the shop. even you can get vegan dessert! much recommended. sometimes you have to wait for long but it worth it

The worst place I've eaten!!! - Edit

The place, very small, is original and distinctive. It 'an old butcher and tables are old strains used in the past to beat the meat.
The first look is a pleasant place.
I wanted to order a vegan doner kebab but the manager said I had to wait for 35-40 minutes.
So I opted for a burger in the bun with a side of fries.
When the dish arrived I grabbed the bun: soggy and inedible. But the worst were the fries !! Were dark brown and sooooooo soft, maybe heated with microwave and fried in old oil, used countless times.
I left everything in the pot and the manager did not bother to ask why I had left everything.
I paid and I left in disgust. Not recommend it !!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 07, 2015

Updated from previous review on Saturday February 07, 2015

Pros: At the first look i's a pleasant place

Cons: The food!!!!!

Junk food from heaven! - Edit

Recently opened in a former butcher's shop, Vegoner offers greasy delights to all animal lovers in St. Johannis neighborhood. Aptly named vegöner is sliced liked its less lucky step-brother doner from a real spit chunk. Also they serve great hamburgers and home-made crispy fries. The old carcass shop has resurrected with whole-wood tables and few benches and stools. Be prepared for a crowd. This new place is often packed.

Pros: Food, Service, Turning the butcher's shop vegan

Cons: Afterwards your clothes will stink

Return to Nuremberg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegöner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.