First Review by cinnamon girl

Wonderful! Delicious!! - Edit

Love this Adelaide institution for its consistently delicious burgers, salads & shakes. Huge portions. Really delicious, fresh, healthy, always great food. The kind efficient owner never has misses - every meal is reliably yum & I walk out so satisfied. I'm gluten-free as well as vegan; they've excellent gf options & are happy to modify for special diets. Great place to take friends or have a special lunch or even a business lunch.

Pros: Delicious, fresh, generous portions, flavourful, Kind & efficient chef-owner; calming atmosphere, Soul food - really filling & hits the spot

Cons: None, None, None

Very good. - Edit

What a cozy fully vegan little restaurant. With huge burgers portions and I mean massive, that's why they have an option of half burger on the menu. When sitting there you almost feel like you're visiting friends or families house, the atmosphere in the restaurant is very casual but in a nice relaxed way.

Fav lunch place in Adelaide - Edit

Not too cheap, but a nice & cosy atmosphere in the place and always extremely filling. I'm a big fan of their soups & the Mexican burger.

Expensive - Edit

On my most recent visit here, the price for a full burger had increased to $17, or $11 for half a burger. I've flown to Melbourne on Tiger for the price of two of these burgers. I'd rather have the trip to Melbourne. Shame really - this place used to be one of my favourites, but the last time I ate here I just felt ripped off.

Pros: Great burgers, Cosy

Cons: My wages don't rise as quickly as the burger price, During lunch peak, cannot get service, Service can at times be surly

Fantastic Vegan Burgers - Edit

Their burgers are the best in Adelaide, their customer service isn't always that great (but sometimes it is!), and their place is small.

I think it's impressive that one guy, by himself, is able to act as the entire restaurant staff. Did I mention that he makes awesome vegan burgers?

Pros: Awesome burgers, Quirky atmosphere

Cons: Kind of cramped

Awesome huge burgers - Edit

Definitely a wonderful spot for vegans. But really, if you like delicious food then who cares if there's no meat or dairy options! I had a Bali Burger which featured a satay-like sauce plus a soy choc-banana shake (at $4 was a bargain). The burgers are HUGE. At $16, it's a justifiable price but it easily be shared. They also do half burgers for $10. Tons of varieties of burger for ever taste, plus other menu items as well. Cool, eclectic atmosphere and very friendly staff. A winner! Yay Adelaide

This place is an institution - best burgers ever! - Edit

this place has been here for a million years, because it's so freaking delicious and inexpensive! I love the bread for the buns, a dark, soft, rye - you only need a half burger to fill you up! And the burgers are made from scratch, as is the cheeses sauce on the Mexican burger... only open for lunch on weekdays, but we go here as often as we can, totally sets the benchmark for vegan burgers as far as we're concerned!

Closed During Holidays - Edit

The place was closed during Xmas holidays. We went to nearby Joy Discovery (ayla's cafe) and enjoyed their vegan food.

Kahuna - Edit

Big burgers, very different and very much worth while. I wish there was one of these in Melbourne!

Memories of teen vegan youth - Edit

This place has not changed in 10 years. The food is amazing and well priced. The Mexican burger is the same delicious awesomeness, the cheesy sauce is epic and the burger is covered in it! It's still the same funky decor but the place is tiny and therefore not the most comfortable, if going in a group getting a table may be hit and miss.

Vego and NOT lovin' it. - Edit

I was visiting from Melbourne and very keen to check out the Vegan scene in Adelaide. My first impressions were very disappointing. I walked into Vego and Love'n It and was completely ignored. No one came to greet us and the waitress walked right passed us and didn't even think to acknowledge us even though she and another co-worker saw us. Customer service is not a strong point. And when I went to write this review I was shocked there was already a review that described the same experience I had! Lift your game!!

Cons: Bad service , No service , Uninviting atmosphere

vego & lovin it - get over urselves - Edit

ive been told that the food here is great. i wouldnt know. ive tried going twice now and both times i was like TOTALLY ignored by all the staff. even when i tried to stop a worker to ask if i wait at the 'counter' or just find a seat they walked right past me like i wasnt even there! ok - it was lunch time and it was busy BUT it does not take much to say to someone 'be with u in a moment love'. i should know - i have worked in busy cafes like this. ive talked to a few friends who have also had the same experience. guess what vego & lovin it - u may get packed at lunch times by city dwellers who think ur place is trendy but ur not that great - there are heaps of other vego places in adelaide that i frequent and i wont be coming back a third time to try ur food.

The best, no questions asked - Edit

I've been coming here since '99. This place is an Adelaide institution, and I have yet to find a better burger joint anywhere.
The only thing missing is fries, but it doesn't matter because the burgers are so huge, you'd never be able to fit any in anyway.
I would eat here every day if I could. It's _that_ good.

Pros: Best burgers anywhere. Seriously., Huge servings

Cons: Only open for weekday lunch

Simple And Delicious - Edit

I love the wraps and the house salad, though the mushroom burger is pretty great too :)

Pros: Inexpensive, Good Portions, Delicious Ingredients

Cons: Not Open Many Hours, Not Enough Seating At Busy Times

Decent Hippy Place - Edit

Mostly filled with veggie burgers which seems to be the main offer at this place and others close by. No gluten free buns which is sad. And really, where are the salads?! At least they had a yummy lentil soup.

Pros: Inexpensive

Cons: Limited Choice, Carb Overload, No Gluten Free Buns

Excellent! - Edit

This restaurant is the best!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff and creative

Funky place, great food! - Edit

This totally hipster place is hard to find, but well worth a visit! The food is great, prices decent, and portions are huge. It reminded me a lot of The Pneumatic Diner in Reno, Nevada, with it's eclectic interior design. Very funky. Great food - especially if you like it spicy!!

Pros: food, portion sizes, price

Cons: hard to find

All time Favourite - Edit

One of Adelaide's hardest to find but best places to gorge yourself on a gigantic vegan / vego burger.

I've been eating here for about 5 years and I love it! They mainly serve burgers but there is also a few soups, salads and wraps as well. The burgers are huge and there's about 12 to choose from. They are also very well priced

I'm a big fan of the gourmet tofu burger, seriously I day dream about this
thing! I'm pretty sure the entire place is vegan but I've never asked.

Nobody leaves here hungry and all the food is amazing!

As people have mentioned it gets pretty packed and often you have to wait for a seat. Because there's only two people in the kitchen sometimes service is on the slow side but these burgers are worth waiting for! I try to go during non peak lunch times.

Opening times seem to be about 10:00 am - 3:00 pm weekdays. Closed weekends and for up to 2 months over Christmas / New Years.

Pros: Pure Amazing Food!, Big Portions, Good Prices

Cons: Hard To Find, Can Get Crowded

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vego and Love'n it closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.