Vegilicious

118A Carlisle St, St Kilda, Victoria, 3181

St. Kilda's based caterer is now serving food at this location. Uses whole food ingredients. Funky atmosphere. Open Tue-Fri 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Catering, Fusion

First Review by jack_mckenna

great vegan options and decor - Edit

Attended here half a dizen times since it opened a few years ago and have always been impressed with the food, decor and atmosphere, with plenty of reasonably priced vegan options. Unfortunately, up until recently, we found the service lacking, with the need to fetch our own menus, track down a waiter, ordered items never arriving and booked table being given away to walk-ins whilst we continued to stand around waiting.
However, last weekend we were served by a waiter named Stephano, whose exemplary customer service made up for the past. Stephano was friendly, happy, attentive, showed sound knowledge of the menu and great initiative. When serving our soy chai lates, with a large warm smile, Stephano noted he had made them himself with love - and it showed!

Pros: many vegan options, great decor, reasonably priced

Cons: hit and miss service, hiring friends to wait tables doesn't always work

disapointing if vegan - Edit

The dish i original order was not vegan but the waiter didnt know so had to pick something else, seemed like the biggest task if vegan and fair sure the rottie bread i got had butter after i asked for a vegan meal

Pros: the curry was good

Incredible food and atmosphere - Edit

This restaurant has definitely set a high standard for me and vegetarian/vegan restaurants. I've never been to a restaurant more authentic than this, everyone that worked there I felt as if I knew them and was friends with them as they were so friendly and talkative. When I walked in I was greeted by a very sweet woman where she showed us where to sit and took our orders. When my smoothie came out, I was not expecting it to be so large, and taste as incredible as it did. It was quite possibly the best smoothie I've ever had. For my dinner I had the curry of the day, a lentil chickpea and broccoli curry. It was definitely the best lentil curry I had ever had. Throughout the restaurant there are colourful candles, and posters, and above the restaurant is an art gallery and a yoga studio. Such an amazing place.

Beautiful experience - Edit

My girlfriend took me to Vegelicious for my birthday as I'm a massive foodie and had never been - as soon as I walked in I felt special, the staff were amazing to talk to, beautiful customer service, so helpful with the menu also as I'm super indecisive and just want to eat everything, so we went for the 2 person Vegan share platter and my god it was incredible!
Such an amazing array of foods, great flavours and the perfect amount to leave you completely satisfied and definitely not underfed. Great value for money aswell as the share plates only $20 per person - so perfect place to go with a group and chuck $20 in each for a large selection of foods!
We then treated ourselves to the Lemon Vegan Cheesecake with Coconut ice cream and it was the best vegan cheesecake I've ever had (and I've had a lot) all beautifully presented and I left feeling so happy and full of love from my dinner experience!
I really couldn't flaw my night, it was perfect, I can't wait to return again and again!
Oh and also it has such as amazing feel to it, I felt like I was relaxing at a girlfriends house, very comfortable and homey!

Pros: Food, Service, Presentation

Amazing Food - Edit

My taste buds we're delighted we had the vegan platter, highly recommend. Would of been 5 stars if the service matched, it took 10 minutes for a menu once seated and another 30 minutes before drink order, but food was worth the wait.

Pros: Menu variety, Food

Cons: Service

Some of the best vegetarian food in Melbourne - Edit

The food here is understated, but full of variety, freshness and taste! Great value for money, laid back (love the courtyard) and this place in a league of its own compared to other more traditional veg restaurants either side of the Yarra. Worth a visit - get the share plate, highly recommended

Great food but book ahead! - Edit

We've been a couple of times and enjoyed our food both times. It's busy, but the food is worth the wait. We've tried the burger, pancakes, mushrooms, and the amazing share platter. Everything has been really yummy. Be warned that the cakes are very rich too! Salted caramel cake is very decadent.

The waiters always seem very rushed so it can be tricky attracting attention, but they are lovely when you do get hold of one

Pros: Nice atmosphere with lots of plants, Yummy food, Friendly staff

Cons: Can be busy and a bit chaotic at times

Food good enough to tempt a Northsider to St Kilda - Edit

As someone who lives on the North side of Melbourne I seldom cross the river to the other side of town, but now that Vegilicious has opened a restaurant I have reason to venture into St Kilda. I have eaten at Vegilicious food stalls at festivals around Melbourne and I have eaten at the Vegilicious restaurant twice. On both occasions we have had the share platter. It's a great option as it means you can sample a bit of everything. It's a huge amount of food, but everything is so delicious we just took our time and slowly ate it all. The only complaint I have is that after sharing the platter I had no room for desert.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Friendly staff, Vegan share platter

Cons: It's on the wrong side of town!

Lively and Luscious - Edit

Vegilicious has a lively atmosphere, an appealing menu and represents good value for money. We enjoyed the Vegan Lemongrass Coconut Laksa and Mixed Dip Platter on the night, along with a mini raw mud slide cake.

There were a couple of slip ups with our order but they were very professionally and sincerely handled. I would have no hesitation in returning to sample more of the Vegan options.

Pros: Great atmoshere, Good food

Love this place. - Edit

I've been to Vegilicious 8 times in past 3 weeks since I've been back in Melbourne and feel very lucky that the owner decided to open this wonderful place. The atmosphere is green, green, green, plants everywhere.

Great menu, including a Japanese pancake that is scrumptious and a choice of starter or main. Soup of the day is always tasty and piping hot.

I also recommend the veggie platter for two, but make sure you are both hungry, because it is packed with about 8 different things and made to proportion to be evenly split between two.

It's also easy to get to, close to Chapel St / Carlisle St and also St Kilda Rd / Carlisle St, lots of trams going there. 3 -16 - 67 - 35 - 79

Hot chocolates to die for.

The staff are always sincerely friendly. It has a local feel about it, very Melbourne.

The only complaint I have is that they are not open Mon and Tues, because I would probably go there more often.

Include it on your itinerary.

Pros: Location, Atmosphere, Food

Cons: Closed Mon and Tues, Very addictive

Welcome new addition to St Kilda - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised by how big this place is. We came here on an exceptionally busy Sunday during the St Kilda festival and had to wait a while to be served despite booking, but I don't think this would happen regularly. The restaurant has a decent-looking bar and there seemed to be a variety of beers and wines, although only one confirmed vegan white wine, the Pinot Grigio, which we ordered and which was very nice. Most vegan options on the menu need to be specifically requested so the item can be modified. The vege burger, which I ordered, was vegan standard and pretty good, although the accompanying chips were a bit unimpressive: a bit limp and not many of them. The cauliflower fritter dish my sister ordered was more like a share platter than a main: how much deep-fried, battered food can one person eat? I was compelled by duty to help her finish it. It was accompanied by a large salad, which, because it was so oily, did nothing to balance the heaviness of the cauliflower. I'll have to wait to try a dessert here, as the hoards had polished off all the ice cream in the joint and we didn't feel like having anything without it.

Pros: Decent size, Decent bar

Cons: Some menu items not quite up to standard

super great space - Edit

Visited here last week, very friendly down to earth staff and awesome venue. Lots of plants and wood :)

Food was great. We had the vegan share plate (gluten free option) and that was really well prepared.

Will be back!

Return to St Kilda Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegilicious closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.