Contact 0711-2368510

Steinstraße 13, Stuttgart, Germany, 70173

Nice little place serving tasty falafel with a selection of sauces. Have lunch, soup, and fresh-made fries. Previously named Vegi Voodoo King. Mon-Wed 11:30am-12:00am, Thu 11:30am-2:00am, Fri-Sat 11:30am-4:00am, Sun 5:00pm-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food

First Review by hack_man

Nice takeaway - Edit

I love coming here and getting a taste of the different flavours. Has a nice range of tastes all based on their falafel - and you can add mix the ingredients as you like...

Pros: excellent food, vibrant place, good location

Cons: missing salad/wrap options

Not my favourite falafel - Edit

The place looks super cool, music is great, concept is great, but their falafel doesn't do it for me. I found the bread a bit dry, the falafel not that well priced, and not that interesting. I don't understand why they use Pita bread cut in half: in my opinion it should be wrapped, or the bread should be nicer for their service. Their sister restaurant in Tübingen is much better and I can't put my finger on why the difference is so great. The vibes in this place are cool and I think it's worth going to for that. Plus if you didn't make a Saturday night reservation in Stuttgart, this is nice for a date night as the hours are good and it's always possible to order.

Pros: Vegetarian, Good concept, Very hip and nice music

Cons: Dry bread, Portions a bit small

Not Healthy, but Tasty - Edit

The falafel is, of course, deep fried as are the homemade fries, so they are greasy, but they are both delicious. I've had a soup before as well and it was also delish. I recommend ordering to go and eating in a more relaxed environment. When ordering, even a vegan option (all clearly marked) be sure to mention you're vegan as they often offer non-vegan sauces, even on the vegan options. Enjoy it's great! And very filling.

Pros: Delicious Food, different taste options, price

Cons: long lines, sitting is not ideal

Delicious! - Edit

Here you can have a delicious soup of the day or the best falafel in town. My daughter would recommend the Obama falafel, I had the soup each time I was there. Very good, relaxed atmosphere, good music from doors to techno to hip hop to reggae, I like it all combined with that food!

Pros: delicious, many choices of falafel

Cons: very small place

Great Falafels - Edit

This place serves absolutely amazing food ! I tried thier peanut sauce falafel and it was very tasty including the other sauces they add. The only thing I hoped was to get more salad in the wrap but apart from that thier food is tasty, healthy, quick and pocket friendly. Having said that, I would'nt recommend this place for people who want to spend evening with friends as inside the restaurant/imbiss its very loud and ambience isn't that great but you can always pick up food and eat elsewhere. Its definately a place not to be missed in Stuttgart.

Pros: Resonable, Tasty, Fresh

Cons: Loud

Fantastic Falafel - Edit

Three of us (2 vegans, 1 omni) tried the falafel wraps, and they were very good. Plenty of toppings to choose from, and I believe they also sell soup. Being lunch time there were plenty of customers, and it's clearly a popular place. Definitely one to list on Volentia :-) http://www.volentia.com/group/falafal

Pros: Lovely falafel wraps inc. vegan options, Good selection of toppings, Refreshments available

Cons: Not much seating indoors (some outside), VERY orange ;-)

Too loud - Edit

I've just been there once and eaten the Schlossplatz Falafel. The food was excellent and the portion absolutely satisfying.
However, we had to sit inside due to the weather and it wasn't really a nice place to be. The music was weird and way too loud, we couldn't even have a conversation, and it was pretty dark in there.
I would go there again in summer when you can sit outside or just have the food for take-out. Even though it's meant to be fast food, other fast food locations are obviously able to have nicer atmosphere and a conversation-friendly sound level.

Pros: food, portion size, price

Cons: atmosphere, music

Legendary! - Edit

Nearly every vegetarian and vegan in the region of Stuttgart knows the "Vegi Voodoo King"! Yummy and varied food and drinks, nice staff, nice atmosphere and a very popluar meeting place. I often go there and I love it :-)!
My favorite falafel is the one called "Schlossplatz" (mango chutney).

Pros: yummy, nice atmosphere and staff, central

Incredible - Edit

I go to Vegi Voodoo King anytime I'm in Stuttgart, and wished I lived closer to eat more often! Absolutely delicious falafel pita sandwiches with rotating menu of side-dish options like vegan soups or brownies. Very highly recommend!

Pros: excellent food, fresh, homemade

Falafel and Soups - Edit

I've had both falafel and soup from this place, and both were excellent. They also offer things like chai and brownies. It's not the kind of place you go for excellent service or to linger, but the food is good and they play some cool music too.

Pros: vegan options marked, cheap, fast

Cons: small shop

Great falafel shop - Edit

I had stayed in Stuttgart for 6 days and been there twice. I liked it a lot, they have a great choice of different falafel and everything is marked clearly. The only problem is to choose the right falafel ;-). I liked both I tried, the one with mango chutney and the peanut butter version. And the non-vegan friends joining me liked it, too.
Furthermore, I could get my favourite lemonade, fritz-limo, there, so I think, this is just the perfect place to go when you want to have good and cheap vegan food in Stuttgart.

Good & greasy falafel - Edit

Vegi Voodoo King is a nice place to swing by for a quick and inexpensive meal. I really enjoyed the aubergine falafel I had but the fries were much to greasy. I am a fan of greasy food occasionally but this was way over the top. Overall it was very good though. If you're looking for a greasy late night snack this is definitely the place to go!

Pros: quick, vegan options clearly marked

Cons: Limited seating

Good opening hours - Edit

Very quaint little place that's great for vegans - everything is marked and I can reccommend the peanut butter and aubergine. It's nice not to be stuck with fries from a greasy takeout late at night - you can always come back here!

falafel king for sure - Edit

weird bread but the falafel was really good. And Vegan options are noted on the menu so you don't have to ask for every sandwich.

Price was nice for sandwich €3,50 - but french fries were expensive €3,50! And they tasted really weird, like they were baked and then deep fried so they had a soggy texture.

Soup was very bland, reminded me of vegan options from 10 years ago, potato soup with fried onions...blah! There is so much a person can do with potato soup!

Pros: beer, vegan options, fresh squeezed juice

Cons: seating, limited menu

Amazing little falafel shop - Edit

I dropped in to grab a hommus falafel and pommes frites on my way to the train and it was absolutely delicious. Quite a busy little place. Highly recommended!

Pros: Great food, Quick service, Good prices

Cons: Cosy

Vegi Voodoo King, Stuttgart - Edit

This is a small & cosy vegan friendly place near Galleria Kaufhof just off the main shopping drag in Stuttgart city centre.

The menu has vegan items indicated as are all hand made dishes. The menu is in German but the guy behind the counter was more than happy to speak English in the face is my still bumbling German.

Seating is available indoor & out. Take away is also available. All dishes are no more than 4 euro with the exception of the tellers. The tellers are plates of falafel and salad with the sauces of your choice. I asked for a large vegan teller andand also a soup of the day - this was enough to fill me up without eating the bread.

There's an internet place just across the street if that is any use to you.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Central, Inexpensive

Great for a quick meal - Edit

We were in Stuttgart for two days and went here both days. Great for travelers, it's cheap (under 10 euros for 2), delicious and fast. A simple selection of falafel pitas (the one with bavarian-style sweet mustard was delicious) and pomme frites. I think the vegan options were clearly marked, and there were plenty of them.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Delicious, Good value

Awesome Place - Edit

Pretty awesome place, their food is really good for a quick snack. But they do tend to put a lot of sauce on their food (my french fries drowned in ketchup!) So get loads of napkins or tell them light on the sauce.

Excellent informal cafe - Edit

Really liked this place; menu is just variations on falafel pittas but food was very fresh and delicious. The best chips I've yet had in Germany, too! Enough English was spoken where my German lacked.

A very informal setting with few chairs/stools so don't rely on eating in. Seemed to be lots of regulars which is a good sign. Very cheap, great food, friendly service, would definitely recommend it.

Pros: Good quality food, Very cheap, Excellent service

Cons: Very small

Open Late - Edit

This is a good late night "after club" cafe/takeaway spot. This restaurant is close to the city center, and is open very late. I believe they advertise being open until approximately 4:00 on the weekends, but I'm fairly certain they don't close until their customers leave (They were still open/serving one night/morning at approximately 4:45 AM when I stopped by). There is a fairly limited menu . . . they serve falafel (with several different sauce options) and fries. My only complaint is that I don't think they change the cooking grease very often (I've had multiple friends complain of "stomach issues" after visiting the restaurant).

Pros: Open Late!, Vegan Options

Cons: Dirty Grease

Good Imbiss - Edit

Haven't been here but my friend who lives in Stuttgart says it's a very good place with excellent falafel and imbiss (take away) style veggie foods. He also took the picture for me soi cannot take credit for this.

Return to Stuttgart Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5039 times since Aug 2007.