CLOSED: VegHeads Savannah

• Vegetarian

Contact 912-232-4834

35 Whitaker St (at Congress St), Savannah, Georgia, USA, 31401

Opened March 2013, this vegetarian restaurant offers many vegan and some gluten-free food with daily specials. Food is prepared in an open kitchen. PER ITS FB MESSAGE LAST DAY AUG 16, 2013.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out

First Review by MelissaLosos

Excellent Stop for Vegans and Vegetarians - Edit

I have a tough time finding vegan food while traveling. Luckily, on my vacation in Savannah I found this neat spot. I had the vegan falafel pita. It was delicious, filling, and affordable. I also had the vegan double chocolate cookies and the vegan chocolate black bean brownies. What a treat. My husband who is not vegan/vegetarian had the philly cheese seitan pita which he loved. I wish we had a VegHeads back home!

Pros: Delicious/Affordable Food, Fasntastic Vegan Sweet Treats, Friendly staff

Best Vegetarian Place in Savannah - Edit

VegHeads is a small, laid back restaurant a block away from Paula Deen's. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner. The Korean BBQ Wrap is delicious!

Pros: Yummy Food, Good Location

Cons: Small, Few Organic and Raw Options

best brownie ever!!! - Edit

for some reason Happy cow phone app didn’t help me find this place until the very last day I was there.. but i did get to have a quick lunch there.
The food was pretty good, i had a veggie wrap with a gluten free tortilla. They used a curry hummus in the wrap, which was very good.. not sure if it was raw, but everything else in the wrap was.. important to me being raw vegan, gluten/ soy free. THere was also a slaw that was very tasty.
the topper was a bean brownie .. OMG it was so good, they said it was gluten, soy free and vegan..not sure if was raw though?? but it was worth it ;)
Updated from previous review on Monday April 29, 2013

Pros: plenty of gluten free options, very tasty

Cons: not a lot of raw options

Return to Savannah Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: VegHeads Savannah closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 250 times since Mar 2013.