Veggiesaurus

Contact +31-658814171

Capadosestraat 286, Den Haag, The Hague, Netherlands, 2523 AL

Take-away only, or call for luncbox delivery and catering. Hosts cooking workshops. Open Thu-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Delivery, Catering, Take-out only

First Review by Eepie

Great food - Edit

We ordred some food to be delivered on a rainy evening. They were very friendly on the phone/sms, delivered quite fast, and we got some snacks as extras!

The food was very tasty, and some things quite spicy (as advertised). The only downside is that stuff like "mock duck in sauce" is just that, so you need to order a few different dishes to get some veggies, rice and 'meat' which is what I like. So you end up ordering food for about 3-4 people. Which was fine by us, but if you're just by yourself it's a bit impractical I can imagine.

But yeah, super tasty food here, will definately eat/order more often!

Pros: Super tasty

Indian food with an international twist - Edit

Some of the most delicious Indian food I've had outside of India, but so much more than that: Dishes from the world's cuisines, a weekly changing menu, generous portion sizes, reasonable prices, and all of it served with love and a smile. Kawita and Himanshu are wonderful hosts in every way imaginable, always finding new and exciting ways to please the palates of their guests, and pros in veganizing traditional dishes. Oh, and cupcakes! The salted caramel ones are my favorites. Don't miss them!

Pros: Delicious food, Great hosts, Good portion sizes

Cons: Closed Mon-Wed

Just wonderful! - Edit

I discovered Veggiesaurus more or less by accident - I bumped into three very friendly people who distributed free food samples at a tram station. A public relation action by the folks of Veggiesaurus! We chatted a bit and they told me they deliver vegetarian and vegan lunch boxes to the offices in the Beatrixkwartier area. Yeah! That was a week ago and since then I tried 2 vegan food boxes - one Indonesian and one Japanese style. Both were just great. And the price is incredibly low - just EUR 5.49 per box! In total 12 other people tried the food together with me - vegetarians, vegans and omnivores alike. And it seems everybody loved it! Looks like we might establish a tradition at work – veggie lunches with the colleagues!

How it works: the food for the next day needs to be ordered via the website by 8 p.m., this allows them to buy exactly the required quantity of fresh ingredients next morning. The description on how it works is quite straight forward. Perfect communication and organization as well.

I feel I’d like to check out their catering and workshops as well – soon!

The only downside: they don’t offer vegan dishes every day, but looks like this is going to change ;-) .

.....

Update - a few months and many delicious foodboxes later:

I finally joined one of their cooking workshops - it was called "Quick fix vegan meals". I was great fun and the food was marvelous. Can't wait for the next one...

Updated from previous review on Thursday May 08, 2014

Update: By now they opened their take-away and of course I became a regular customer. I just love the food. But yes, if you cannot handle spicyness, better say that up front. The food is very authentic, including spicy Indian street food. The owners are wonderful people and sitting down at the big table makes many people feel like home.

Pros: wonderful food for little money, friendly people, well organized

Cons: no daily vegan option

Nice take away - Edit

The cook was really friendly and helpfull.

With 2 main and side (rice+naan) dishes and 2 cupcakes we ate enough (spend €26).
Ask for a less spicy meal if you can't handle it (like me ^^).

Not really a nice place to sit down, so I'd recommend take away.

Return to The Hague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggiesaurus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.