Veggie's Delight

Contact 562-860-4789

11736 E 166th St (at Pioneer), Artesia, California, USA, 90701

Very small take-out only food shop. Sells some deli style sides in addition to some chilled and frozen foods. Offerings usually include steamed buns, noodles, Taiwanese pastries, dumplings, veggie meats, and soybean products. Offers a daily hot lunch box during the week 11am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Taiwanese, Take-out only

First Review by MichelleOJ

tiny shop of happys - Edit

It's tight here, it's pretty much just a kitchen with an area for about three customers to grab what they want. I was happy to catch FRESH radish cakes still cooling down before they could be wrapped up, and it made my day to get a whole, real radish cake especially since it was around the Lunar New Year (and all the asian groceries sell them with sausage). Packaged ones aren't the same. Unfortunately, the customer before me got the last small bag of dumplings, but I grabbed some veggie buns and made my way home looking forward to dinner. The assortment here is good, and it's homey, and the quantities are large too (not sure when I'll get that bag of 50 or 100 dumplings) but at least when I want something veggie and homemade, I'll probably drop by here. Since it's small, it's not great for browsing so I think the time you're there is part of the adventure in finding out what they have. Either way, authentically taiwanese but vegetarian fare is a good reason to stop by. If they expanded just into an eatery, it'd be awesome.

Pros: good for stocking the freezer, delicious, authentic, fresh

Cons: tiny, take out only

Tiny shop with varied food selection - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Veggie's Delight review.

I had driven by this place a couple time before I made a point to stop. My husband has known about Veggie's Delight for years, so finally, I decided to stop in.

It's a tiny little, takeaway place. The food menu is small, with a daily hot meal (several sides plus rice). There are some ready made food for sale in addition to some refrigerated pre-made stuff, and some frozen products like vege mock meats by Vege USA.

I got to try the vege anchovy, and that was tasty. I also got a bag of frozen steamed buns with mustard greens inside and steamed them in my rice cooker at home. They were pretty good. The frozen vege kidneys I used in stir frys and Asian style soups, and I enjoyed them. Oh, I also bought some frozen bamboo wrapped sticky rice, and they were pretty good as well.

The two Tawainese women working behind seemed like the owners. They were friendly though seemed a bit rough around the edges.

Overall, I enjoyed the food stuff I bought and would return again to try the other things.

Pros: has parking lot, authentic Taiwanese taste, inexpensive

It's like finding a Million bucks in the street! - Edit

OMG...or OMB...! YUM YUM. What a Jewel of a place! A one-stop-shop. There is a great menu, with wonderful flavors. Their fresh steamed Baus are the bomb and come with a wide variety of fillings from simple cabbage to faux meats and are made with whole wheat. I have had take out from here many times and have always loved it. Since it is take-out only you can go to the park 1 block away to eat.

Also, have your shopping list ready because they have some reasonably priced groceries refrigerated, frozen and dry goods as well as sauces and seasonings.

Every time I go there May packs a huge smile on her small frame and is helpful if you have any questions.

Pros: Good Value, Variety, Excellent taste

Lovely little place! - Edit

I noticed this place didn't have any recent reviews and it happened to be down the street from one of the parks where I play tennis so figured it was my duty to check it out. :) It's a VERY small shop on the corner of 166th & Pioneer in a strip mall. The lady who helped me was very nice and when asked if the refrigerated foods could be heated up there informed me they have a lunch special each day. The picture available was of veggie fish (I'm just not that brave!) so I asked if there was veggie chicken and was told there was veggie chicken, veggie pork, and veggie fish today. I ordered the veggie chicke w/brown rice. Man that was A LOT of food!

While my food was being prepared I happily browsed the refrigerated items & few shelves in the store. This is a great place to go if you're making an authentic asian meal, lots of hot sauces, soy sauces, noodles, and concoctions of every kind. All of the prepared foods in the fridge that I glanced at said they contained soy (no whey or anything undersireable). The steamed buns looked great- definately trying those next time.

When I received my food the lady asked if I was vegetarian and I said vegan, she seemed pleased. I told her I've heard of this place and just had to check it out. She invited me back soon. Note that there is no place to sit and eat here, they do offer cutlery and/or chopsticks for your take out. I enjoyed my delicious meal back at the park. :)

Pros: Friendly service, Large portions, Lunch specials

Return to Artesia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie's Delight closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2105 times since Aug 2007.