First Review by mike_veg

Not So Veggielicious! - Edit

After a being on the Philippines visas islands for a while, where getting vegan food was tricky, I was really looking forward to getting to a big city (Bacolod) and trying the veggie restaurants / eateries.
As a vegan I obviously want to encourage any business producing vegan food, especially in the meat mad Philippines! it frustrates me to sound negative. But I have to be honest and say this place was a big big disappointment.
We arrived at the stand which is upstairs in the Chinese mall 888, to see a selection of dishes on display. The noodle dish actually had began to go hard and crispy on top, but my partner and I just presumed that, as is common practice, these were the examples of the meals you could order fresh. So wanting to support a vegetarian business we ordered.
To my dismay the lady started picking up the old food and scraping it onto a plate.! When I asked don't you have any fresh, she said no, I asked if she would at least warm the food - no. But determined to give it s go we accepted the food. We went for the 70 pesos deal which is 2 food selections, rice and a drink. My partner who has previously lived in the Far East for a couple of years, eating rice daily said the cold and hard rice was at least a day old!. The chop suey was not only cold but the veg over cooked. We had a flight to Manila the following day and so not only on taste but on fear that we may get sick we left our meal, eating only the veggie spring rolls. I liked them but my partner didn't as he thought they had been cooked twice. I think if the stall had a way of keeping the food hot, and another staff member, then dishes could then be made to order. It would have great potential, as pure vegetarian/vegan food is hard to come by here.

Happily there are street stalls which can be a fun substitute - which we ate that evening instead. fried bananas! Or Banana Q as the Filipinos' call it.

Pros: Easy to find location, Very cheap!

Cons: Food served cold!, Not many options

Budget wise - Edit

Serving vegan and vegetarian food
Its run by Adventist people. Till 3pm only on Friday. They are close on Saturday then open again on Sunday whole day.
food - Pinoy style cooking.variety
price - cheap
staff service - fair
location - accessible. located in the 2nd floor of the 888 Chinatown Mall near Provincial Capitol.

Pros: good value, good food, good location

Cons: noisy at the center of food court, small space

Return to Bacolod Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggielicious - Your Vegetarian Fastfood closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 771 times since Nov 2009.