CLOSED: Veggie World

Contact 01908-632288

150-152 Queensway, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England, MK2 2RS

Chinese vegetarian restaurant, a detour off M 1 Motorway. Mostly vegan food, has a lunch box menu, daily specials, and mock meat dishes. OCT 2016 REPORTED SHUT - let happycow know when/if it reopens! Open Wed-Sat 12:00pm-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Asian

First Review by bavegan

Veggie Heaven - Edit

Visited here a couple of years ago with my (then) vegan girlfriend. Easy to find and very good menu. Most things were meat substitute and very good at that.

Pros: Varied Chinese menu, delicious food and good service

Cons: too much like the real thing.

Amazing for vegans - Edit

I am obsessed with this place. We bring all our friends here, whether they are vegan or nonvegan.

The options are huge. Vegan versions of every meat. Prices are great and service is lovely. The food is so delicious. No one is ever disappointed.big portion

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-07

Pros: Almost all vegan, Big portions, Many options

A real gem - Edit

We love this place. There is something for everyone on the menu. My kids get so excited when I suggest going here. The 'chicken' satay skewers are a firm favorite. The staff are really friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended!

Pros: great food, friendly staff, good value.

Cons: none

Creatively delicious - Edit

Me and my friends found it very interesting on what the food was made off, not in a bad way. The fake chicken tasted strangely like chicken. Delicious food too and a great price

Pros: good price, good portions, vast choice

Cons: not sure what is vegan, small

Delicious Chinese restaurant! - Edit

Yummy food with lots of vegan options available. The staff are really friendly too :) I will definitely go back if I am ever in Milton Keynes!

Pros: All vegetarian menu, Vegan fast food, Very tasty

If you love Chinese food this is the place for you - Edit

We love Veggie World. It is about an hour away from us but well worth the drive. If you loved Chinese food before you went veggie or vegan you will love Veggie World. Their choice is amazing and everything is delicious. Here you can eat all your old favourites but in veggie/vegan form! Most of their menu is in fact vegan. The staff are always very friendly and welcoming. The seating area is relatively small and they also do take away. Check before you travel that they are open as they are not open every day of the week.

Pros: Amazing food, Almost entirely vegan, Friendly staff

Cons: An hour away from us!!

This place is amazing - Edit

We live two hours drive from this place and it is worth the journey. This is the second time we have been there and have made the trip especially to visit this restaurant.

Parking is easy. There is a short stay free car park behind the restaurant (two hours before they charge) and a long stay a little further back from the shops.

The food is amazing. I have not tasted Chinese food and mock meats this good since trips to Hong Kong and China town in New York. I do not know anywhere else in the UK at present that can compare to the selection, authenticity and variety.

The staff were very friendly and the food arrived quickly and was presented beautifully. Everything was delicious, fresh and coulourful with perfectly cooked traditional vegetables.

The price was very fair. There were two of us, we shared four main dishes and special rice with jasmine tea and the bill was £30.

For someone who has travelled the world in search of good vegan food this is one of my favourites. Thank you veggie world, I can't wait to come back.

Great chinese food for vegans! - Edit

Absolutely love veggie world, wish I'd discovered it sooner! Plenty of options, all vegan (besides one dish with cheese), mainly mock meat but tofu or veg available too. Great service, friendly and helpful staff and great prices too. If you're in the area I would definitely recommend a visit.

Pros: Price, Mock Meat , Variety of dishes

Cons: Location

Brilliant to Bring Conventional Person - Edit

..And Say Nothing to him about ethics of cafe and how food for is done.

Well done. Greatings from Ireland

Pros: Amount Of VEGAN foods. Only 1 Meal has Real Cheese, Smiling Chinese Lady, Accepted Euros

Cons: Cards Not Accepted

more mock meat than any other place I've been - Edit

If you're in the area this is one of a few options. There's a mind blowing number of choices. Way too many mock meat options for my liking. And about double the price that you would expect.

This place should be 100% vegan but apparently it's not.

Pros: the sole 100% veggie option in the neighborhood, variety

Cons: price, mucho mock meat

HIdden Gem - Edit

We went to Vege world Tuesday and unfortunately it was closed. We returned Wednesday and were not disappointed. The small chinese cafe style restaurant was clean and the staff were friendly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We will definitely go back again.

Cons: limited opening times

This is my most favourite local restaurant! - Edit

I love living only a few miles away from this place - you can't get food like this anywhere else!

I'm a big fan of mock meats however the tofu dishes are fantastic too. I normally go for the veggie ji skewers ('chick*n' & satay), veggie roast pork noodles and veggie asam fish. Have always enjoyed everything I have ever chosen from the menu.

Highly recommended - I always take my friends/family here when I can (mostly meat-eaters) and they really enjoy eating here too!

They also sell mock meats and all sorts of goodies on their website for cooking at home.

Please note they are open Weds - Saturdays 11:30 am - 2:30pm and then 5:00pm - 10:00pm. They do not accept credit card payments however there is a (free) cash point across the road so it's no big deal.

p.s. I have no idea why the reviewer from 2007 said that Veggie World was 'nothing special'. I was amazed when I first came across this awesome place!

Pros: Delicious and unique food, Quick service, Consistently good value for money

Cons: Do not deliver, Not open sunday - tuesday, Would prefer if relocated to Central MK

All kinds of NOM - Edit

This is our go-to for tasty vegan take-away. A great menu of Chinese and oriental inspired food and the vast majority of it is vegan (I think the only exception is the cheese spring rolls). Really hearty and delicious, and tastes just like the non-vegan version which makes it great for fussy non-vegan friends and family members. I regularly feed my omnivorous friends on this grub, and I've not had many complaints! In fact, if I get take-away here without inviting my non-vegan partner, he gets a right hump about it!

Pros: Delicious, Generous portions, Excellent value

Cons: Only Chinese and oriental food, Closed 2-3 days a week

Yummy Veggie Meals - Edit

I have been coming to this restaurant for the past four years and have always enjoyed the food which is clean, tasty and good portions, the service which is always very friendly and considerate, although I would like to see them in a less like cafe premises, the fact that it is cafe like probably keeps the prices down which I have also enjoyed. You cannot go wrong even meat eaters find the veggie meats very close in taste to the carnivores meats. They are my number one preferred place to eat in Milton Keynes.

Pros: Very tasty food, Very Friendly service, Nice variety of choices

Cons: Would be better with more than one loo.

Amazing Chinese food - Edit

First the bad, the website and the exterior make this place look a bit like a tacky cafe, ignore this, please.

The staff are friendly, so much so that most of the other people arriving were greeted by name, sometimes with hugs and often when they ordered a dish the waitress knew they would want the tomatos left out or some other change. We were served quickly without being rushed and left to enjoy our food.

The food is amazing, we chose a mixed appetiser starter with ribs, satay chicken, won ton, spring rolls and crispy seaweed, all vegan subsitutes. It was all delicious but the satay chicken was amazing. Main courses were just as good and for dessert the vegan ice cream and Rabbit Buns (a traditional chinese sweet dough with som kind of fruit paste in the middle) are a new favirite of mine, you get 4 and they would be perfect for children and adults to share.

The food was as close to meat as I think I have ever had, it smelt, tasted and felt like real Chinese food, whilst not being too greasy it had enough to make it believable real.

The menu here is huge, I will be going back to work my way through some more of it.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Staff

Cons: Exterior, Website, Not nearer to my house

Great food, Great service! - Edit

After finding this place on the happycow iphone app(great tool by the way!), we had to try it out!
We managed to find the place easily, the postcode on the website took us to parking behind veggie-world.
Upon entering we were greeted with a smile and offered to sit wherever we pleased...I like this as sometimes waiters sit you far to close to others near by which isn't too nice.
The menu is extensive and comprehensive with lots and lots to choose from! It is undoubtedly somewhere you could go with a big family and have a real versitile mix of dishes to choose from!
I would recommend you booked a table as space is limited.

The quality of the food was second to none! Great chinese food and the meat replacements are top quality and very well prepared.
Portion sizes were perfect and overall it was great value for money.
The service was friendly and well balanced. Food was delivered in great time.

This restaraunt is a must for anyone in the surrounding area, we travelled around 20 miles and would have gone further had we needed to!
Shall be recommending this place to friends and family!

Pros: taste, service, price

Cons: size, we need more of these eateries!

The Best Chinese Food! - Edit

My hubby and I have been going to Veggie World for years. We have had the pleasure of trying nearly all of the dishes on the menu and never once have we been disappointed. All dishes are reasonably priced, made with fresh vegetables and full of flavour. As with any Chinese dish, how many vegetables you get depends on the dish so order according to your preference. You can order pure vegetable dishes, dishes with tofu or mock meats, noodle dishes as well as starters, soups and desserts. Nearly everything is vegan and what isn't is clearly marked. If in doubt ask the staff who are friendly and helpful. Try the Rendang Curry or Crispy Chilli Veggie Beef on plain fried rice (no egg) if you're around and don't forget a pancake roll and satay 'chicken' skewers to start. (The pancake rolls are simply heavenly!)Finish it off with some banana fritters and you will be not be disappointed. Even my omnivorous family members love the food! =)

Pros: Great Taste, Freshly made, Lots of choice

Cons: Far from where we live!

Excited to go...hmm. - Edit

So I was super excited to try this out, it's not a restaurant it's a takeaway with tables essentially!! Call it a cafe. So, I checked out the menu online and thought the aromatic duck would be the mock duck all vegans know - from the can, "meaty" texture. This stuff was essentially toast. Tasted like muffins and was not a hit with anyone, vegan or omni. The mock chicken satay was popular (I didn't get any!!) as well as the fried "pork" which was popular with the younger ones. Chicken balls were amazing - the BEST sweet and sour sauce, nice and lemony and not just ridiculously sweet. Noodle dishes were nice - came with the duck we expected so why can't they use it for the aromatic duck dish? Was way more expensive than I thought (~£90 for 4 adults and 2 young children) that was probably the "duck" bread which we did not ask to take home! Took everything else home as leftovers, was only one small carton as everything except the duck was well received with few complaints from the omnis! Probably an amazing takeaway but not really a "restaurant" experience; not really many places to go in the area so defo a good place to know! 5 star food hygiene rated sticker on the door was reassuring also. I think if you know what to order (and what to avoid!) your experience will be top notch, but I was so disappointed with the "aromatic duck" - especially as it was so expensive for deep fried bread!!!

Pros: Wide range of foods, Excellent sweet&sour sauce, All vegan bar 1 item

Cons: Aromatic duck tastes of bread, Café style so bit small for big groups, Bit hard to find

Low key gem - Edit

We are so lucky to live near this restaurant. Full Chinese menu with unparalleled selection of meat substitutes.
The chicken style (ji) satay sticks are a highlight, as is the sesame ji, and the dumplings.
Consistently good for take away, as well as eat in.

Pros: Vegan selection, Good prices, Good portion size

Cons: Closed Mon and Tues

We go as often as we can! - Edit

My partner and I often frequent Veggie World and it just occurred to me that I had never written a review.

The food at Veggie World is entirely vegan, bar one dish which has cheese on it. (Very strange!) The staff are friendly and the food is the best Chinese food I have ever had in my entire life. I especially love and would recommend the Mock mutton curry and aromatic rice. There are also plenty of vegetable options for those not liking the mock meats. If you haven't been, you need to go! :)

Pros: Delicious, Reasonable, Friendly

Excellent all-round - Edit

I go here whenever I can as I live nearby and think it's a fantastic place. The service is great, there are loads of regulars (always a good sign), I've never been told they've run out of anything, food has always been quick to be prepared/served, it's very clean and tidy, the vegan ice cream is a bonus! I'm working my way through the full menu and have only found one dish that was not good; besides that one myself and my veggie and meat-eating friends have always loved the place/atmosphere/food. It's not posh, a relaxed cafe-style atmosphere, although in evenings with dainty curtains and candles it does feel transformed. Note that it often closes over Chinese New Year. It's also quite small, but packed in (so probably does seat c40?) and I've never been turned away.

Pros: Great food, Great value for money, Great service/atmosphere

Cons: Short opening hours, Smallish

Plenty of vegan choices - great satay - - Edit

Simple cafe / restaurant - functional design - clean & tidy - well laid out.

Chinese style "good karma" veggy place.

Child friendly - I thoroughly enjoyed a meal there with a group of friends - including 2 & 5 year olds.

Very busy when we were there early evening - we did not book - the team very happily rearranged tables to accomodate us.

It was obvious that diners at other tables were also enjoying their meals - I overheard plenty of superlatives.

Well designed menu's - emphasis on mock meats but enough veggies to satisfy me.

The satay with it's hot peanut dip came close to rivaling "May Kaidee" in Bangkok.

Good selection of fresh juices & teas.

Return to Milton Keynes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veggie World closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4402 times since Aug 2007.