CLOSED: Veggie World

+44-1908-632288

150-152 Queensway, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England, MK2 2RS

Chinese vegetarian restaurant, a detour off M 1 Motorway. Mostly vegan food, has a lunch box menu, daily specials, and mock meat dishes. OCT 2016 REPORTED SHUT - let happycow know when/if it reopens! Open Wed-Sat 12:00pm-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Asian

First Review by bavegan

Veggie Heaven - Edit

Visited here a couple of years ago with my (then) vegan girlfriend. Easy to find and very good menu. Most things were meat substitute and very good at that.

Pros: Varied Chinese menu, delicious food and good service

Cons: too much like the real thing.

Love this place - Edit

Food is great with so many options. Some options can be a bit greasy but overall it's nice even as a treat once in a while.

Pros: Lots of options

Cons: Some options are a bit greasy

Amazing for vegans - Edit

I am obsessed with this place. We bring all our friends here, whether they are vegan or nonvegan.

The options are huge. Vegan versions of every meat. Prices are great and service is lovely. The food is so delicious. No one is ever disappointed.big portion

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-07

Pros: Almost all vegan, Big portions, Many options

A real gem - Edit

We love this place. There is something for everyone on the menu. My kids get so excited when I suggest going here. The 'chicken' satay skewers are a firm favorite. The staff are really friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended!

Pros: great food, friendly staff, good value.

Cons: none

Creatively delicious - Edit

Me and my friends found it very interesting on what the food was made off, not in a bad way. The fake chicken tasted strangely like chicken. Delicious food too and a great price

Pros: good price, good portions, vast choice

Cons: not sure what is vegan, small

Delicious Chinese restaurant! - Edit

Yummy food with lots of vegan options available. The staff are really friendly too :) I will definitely go back if I am ever in Milton Keynes!

Pros: All vegetarian menu, Vegan fast food, Very tasty

If you love Chinese food this is the place for you - Edit

We love Veggie World. It is about an hour away from us but well worth the drive. If you loved Chinese food before you went veggie or vegan you will love Veggie World. Their choice is amazing and everything is delicious. Here you can eat all your old favourites but in veggie/vegan form! Most of their menu is in fact vegan. The staff are always very friendly and welcoming. The seating area is relatively small and they also do take away. Check before you travel that they are open as they are not open every day of the week.

Pros: Amazing food, Almost entirely vegan, Friendly staff

Cons: An hour away from us!!

This place is amazing - Edit

We live two hours drive from this place and it is worth the journey. This is the second time we have been there and have made the trip especially to visit this restaurant.

Parking is easy. There is a short stay free car park behind the restaurant (two hours before they charge) and a long stay a little further back from the shops.

The food is amazing. I have not tasted Chinese food and mock meats this good since trips to Hong Kong and China town in New York. I do not know anywhere else in the UK at present that can compare to the selection, authenticity and variety.

The staff were very friendly and the food arrived quickly and was presented beautifully. Everything was delicious, fresh and coulourful with perfectly cooked traditional vegetables.

The price was very fair. There were two of us, we shared four main dishes and special rice with jasmine tea and the bill was £30.

For someone who has travelled the world in search of good vegan food this is one of my favourites. Thank you veggie world, I can't wait to come back.

Very friendly place - Edit

The menu is 99% vegan and there are so many options on the menu that everyone will find something for themselves ;)

Great chinese food for vegans! - Edit

Absolutely love veggie world, wish I'd discovered it sooner! Plenty of options, all vegan (besides one dish with cheese), mainly mock meat but tofu or veg available too. Great service, friendly and helpful staff and great prices too. If you're in the area I would definitely recommend a visit.

Pros: Price, Mock Meat , Variety of dishes

Cons: Location

Brilliant to Bring Conventional Person - Edit

..And Say Nothing to him about ethics of cafe and how food for is done.

Well done. Greatings from Ireland

Pros: Amount Of VEGAN foods. Only 1 Meal has Real Cheese, Smiling Chinese Lady, Accepted Euros

Cons: Cards Not Accepted

more mock meat than any other place I've been - Edit

If you're in the area this is one of a few options. There's a mind blowing number of choices. Way too many mock meat options for my liking. And about double the price that you would expect.

This place should be 100% vegan but apparently it's not.

Pros: the sole 100% veggie option in the neighborhood, variety

Cons: price, mucho mock meat

HIdden Gem - Edit

We went to Vege world Tuesday and unfortunately it was closed. We returned Wednesday and were not disappointed. The small chinese cafe style restaurant was clean and the staff were friendly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We will definitely go back again.

Cons: limited opening times

This is my most favourite local restaurant! - Edit

I love living only a few miles away from this place - you can't get food like this anywhere else!

I'm a big fan of mock meats however the tofu dishes are fantastic too. I normally go for the veggie ji skewers ('chick*n' & satay), veggie roast pork noodles and veggie asam fish. Have always enjoyed everything I have ever chosen from the menu.

Highly recommended - I always take my friends/family here when I can (mostly meat-eaters) and they really enjoy eating here too!

They also sell mock meats and all sorts of goodies on their website for cooking at home.

Please note they are open Weds - Saturdays 11:30 am - 2:30pm and then 5:00pm - 10:00pm. They do not accept credit card payments however there is a (free) cash point across the road so it's no big deal.

p.s. I have no idea why the reviewer from 2007 said that Veggie World was 'nothing special'. I was amazed when I first came across this awesome place!

Pros: Delicious and unique food, Quick service, Consistently good value for money

Cons: Do not deliver, Not open sunday - tuesday, Would prefer if relocated to Central MK

All kinds of NOM - Edit

This is our go-to for tasty vegan take-away. A great menu of Chinese and oriental inspired food and the vast majority of it is vegan (I think the only exception is the cheese spring rolls). Really hearty and delicious, and tastes just like the non-vegan version which makes it great for fussy non-vegan friends and family members. I regularly feed my omnivorous friends on this grub, and I've not had many complaints! In fact, if I get take-away here without inviting my non-vegan partner, he gets a right hump about it!

Pros: Delicious, Generous portions, Excellent value

Cons: Only Chinese and oriental food, Closed 2-3 days a week

Yummy Veggie Meals - Edit

I have been coming to this restaurant for the past four years and have always enjoyed the food which is clean, tasty and good portions, the service which is always very friendly and considerate, although I would like to see them in a less like cafe premises, the fact that it is cafe like probably keeps the prices down which I have also enjoyed. You cannot go wrong even meat eaters find the veggie meats very close in taste to the carnivores meats. They are my number one preferred place to eat in Milton Keynes.

Pros: Very tasty food, Very Friendly service, Nice variety of choices

Cons: Would be better with more than one loo.

Amazing Chinese food - Edit

First the bad, the website and the exterior make this place look a bit like a tacky cafe, ignore this, please.

The staff are friendly, so much so that most of the other people arriving were greeted by name, sometimes with hugs and often when they ordered a dish the waitress knew they would want the tomatos left out or some other change. We were served quickly without being rushed and left to enjoy our food.

The food is amazing, we chose a mixed appetiser starter with ribs, satay chicken, won ton, spring rolls and crispy seaweed, all vegan subsitutes. It was all delicious but the satay chicken was amazing. Main courses were just as good and for dessert the vegan ice cream and Rabbit Buns (a traditional chinese sweet dough with som kind of fruit paste in the middle) are a new favirite of mine, you get 4 and they would be perfect for children and adults to share.

The food was as close to meat as I think I have ever had, it smelt, tasted and felt like real Chinese food, whilst not being too greasy it had enough to make it believable real.

The menu here is huge, I will be going back to work my way through some more of it.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Staff

Cons: Exterior, Website, Not nearer to my house

Great food, Great service! - Edit

After finding this place on the happycow iphone app(great tool by the way!), we had to try it out!
We managed to find the place easily, the postcode on the website took us to parking behind veggie-world.
Upon entering we were greeted with a smile and offered to sit wherever we pleased...I like this as sometimes waiters sit you far to close to others near by which isn't too nice.
The menu is extensive and comprehensive with lots and lots to choose from! It is undoubtedly somewhere you could go with a big family and have a real versitile mix of dishes to choose from!
I would recommend you booked a table as space is limited.

The quality of the food was second to none! Great chinese food and the meat replacements are top quality and very well prepared.
Portion sizes were perfect and overall it was great value for money.
The service was friendly and well balanced. Food was delivered in great time.

This restaraunt is a must for anyone in the surrounding area, we travelled around 20 miles and would have gone further had we needed to!
Shall be recommending this place to friends and family!

Pros: taste, service, price

Cons: size, we need more of these eateries!

Return to Milton Keynes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veggie World closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.