CLOSED: Veggie Villa

Contact 03-99947229

331 Racecourse Rd, Flemington, Victoria, 3031

International vegetarian restaurant offering a wide variety of meals: raw food, cooked mains, desserts. Has sushi, pho soup, and wraps. Most dishes are vegan or can be made vegan. Indian influences dominate. REPORTED CLOSED, AUG 2016. Open Mon-Wed 9:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, International, Raw, Delivery, Take-out, Asian

First Review by moo

Delicious Food - Edit

I eat here every week without fail. The food is always scrumptious, the service impeccable and it is such good value for money. I cannot recommend Veggie Villa highly enough. I travel from St Kilda to eat here. Love it.

My meal was YUMMO! - Edit

Was really quiet...don't know why so few people were in there...maybe away for the long weekend. The food was AWESOME. Went with some friends that aren't vegan and they enjoyed their meals too. I had the stirfry chicken and it was super tasty! LOVED the menu - great mix of cuisines for whatever you are in the mood for...

Pros: Great menu choices, TASTY FOOD, All meals were made fresh

A veg gem - Edit

Veggie Villa is often quiet, but I am not sure why. The service is friendly, the food is great and there is such a wide range on the menu. I let them know I was in a bit of a hurry today, and the food came out quickly.

Of course, it is in a strip of shops with lots of food options, and other veggie choices too. But, if you are veg*n, this is the one to support. They are fully vegetarian and only too happy to please.

Pros: Convenient location, Reasonable prices

Cons: Finding parking

Worth a visit - Edit

There is a wide variety of food on the menu and most of it was available when I was there.
I ordered the smoked eggplant curry (vegan on request) and I was not disappointed. The meal was hot and spicy, which is to my taste. Others should request a less spicy meal if that is their preference. The berry based sweet was delicious but not a generous serving size.
It is an easy bicycle ride from where I live but there's also ample public transport to the area. I will return to try something else from the extensive menu.

Pros: Friendly staff, Wide selection of food

Cons: Perhaps a little too expensive, Smallish portions

tofu wrap was nice - Edit

I had the tofu wrap as they didn't have the tofu burger. Service was quick but it took a while for the meals to come out. There are approximately 6-8 tables so there is enough room to eat inside. I also got a mint and lime juice which was refreshing on a hot day and shared a piece of blueberry cheesecake with my partner. I thought the prices were reasonable and the staff were nice. I want to go back to try a hot meal next time.

Pros: prices, options

Just Awful. - Edit

Sadly the lowest rating allowed is 2 stars. Although advertised on the sign, front window, menu and website as both vegan and organic, most items are not organic and some are not vegan. I attended with another adult and two small children, and even the "stir fried veggies" were so overspiced that none of us could eat it. The deer head clock was also in poor taste. The staff, though polite, didn't seem to understand what vegan was and had trouble telling us if a dish contained any animal or dairy.

Cons: Very spicy, poorly advertised

A warm, tasty meal from a diverse menu - Edit

I had had enough of the Children's Hospital, so I hopped onto tram 57 and tried my hand at Vege Villa, which I'd seen in passing in on Racecourse Rd, but hadn't gone into. It was fairly late on a Monday night, so the place was empty, but every table's menu was filled with a diversity of vegan foods, with a few lacto entries thrown in (milkshakes and gulab jamun, for instance). The raw menu including lasagne and pad thai wasn't of interest on this winter's night, and I bypassed wrap sandwiches, indian breads, and stir fries, looking for something soupy.

It wasn't the soup I was looking for, but I chose the Vegan Tuna over the pho listed beneath it. I'll have to go back to find out what distinguishes Vegan Tuna from the Vegan Fish item preceding it, but I received a full plate topped with seitan (or perhaps soy?) gently deep-fried so that it was crisp and salty on the outside, but soft and a little chewy on the inside. It had plenty of flavour to complement the bed of brown rice, which was otherwise laden with a stir-fry of spinach, broccoli, zucchini, carrot and sprouts in a soy-tahini sauce. An interesting combination, and altogether tasty, the dish was accompanied by a small bowl of miso; not the best miso soup I've eaten, but well matched to the meal and my need for warmth. An enjoyable meal that I wouldn't have imagined at home, nicely presented, for a reasonable price.

Pros: diverse menu, good food, delicately presented

Has CLOSED: Veggie Villa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2096 times since Feb 2014.