Pizza
Juice bar
Beer/Wine
Take-out
Breakfast

Vegan cafe in a funky, rustic, green space, serving breakfast and lunch on weekdays as well as dinner on Thursdays and Fridays. Menu includes toasts, burgers, croissants, salads, bowls, smoothies, fresh juices, cold drinks, coffee and tea, as well as pizza. Wine and beer available during dinner hours. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-2:00pm, Fri 5:30pm-8:30pm.

Venue map for Veggie Vie
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by HappyVeganTummy

Mbrock

Points +120

26 Feb 2024

Lots of options and a cozy atmosphere

I had the scrambled tofu (see picture) quite a few times and one of their burgers once. Food is great, atmosphere is cozy and with a few seats outside are lovely too. Only downside would be the limited opening hours - but if they are open, definitely stop by.

Pros: Great atmosphere with lots of seats and tables, Great selection of food and drinks, Friendly staff

Cons: Opening hours are somewhat limited / no weekends

SophieClouet

Points +98

07 Feb 2024

Delicious

I took the tofu pumpkin burger, satay sauce. It was very good, affordable, the burger has a big size and the staff is very nice too! I recommend!

Pros: The cooking of the tofu and the pumpkin, The association tofu/pumpkin/satay sauce, Kindness of the staff

spottedZ

Points +38

01 Feb 2024

Great range and good food

Lovely chilled vibe with a great selection including amazing cakes and cookies / slices. Worth seeking out #Veganuary

Pros: Choice available , Smoothie option without banana available

PatSchw

She-She

Points +23

09 Jan 2024

Vegan Heaven

Terrific food (BIG serves, but I forced myself!), absolutely lovely staff, quirky decor, and EVERYTHING is vegan. What a relief, not having to cross examine the wait staff about ingredients. Almost don't want to praise it, increase its popularity, and end up not being able to get a table! Nah - just kidding. Go there - it's fab.

AmyWare

Points +44

01 Dec 2023

Bahn Mi is the die for!

Love this place so much. Great menu options and a friend tofu Bahn Mi that I am seriously addicted to!! Good healthy options.

Pros: Bahn Mi, Bowl of the day , Rice balls

AlbaVichoSanchez

Points +49

29 Nov 2023

A must to go!

Lovely place with lovely staff and incredible food. Here you can see what the vegan world has accomplished. Great coffee

cangveg

Points +45

12 Nov 2023

cute vibes and great food!

This is probably the best vegan croissant I’ve ever eaten
the staff was the sweetest!

Timos

Points +28

06 Nov 2023

Chilled vegan vibe, great food

Chilled spacious vibes with lots of greenery. Prominent vegan signage and messaging. Delicious food and quick service. Great location. Highly recommended

MagaliEledhwen

Points +2001

31 Oct 2023

Strongly recommended

This is a nice vegan café and restaurant. They serve vegan croissants with cheese and bacon, burgers, pastries...

blovessummer

Points +143

17 Oct 2023

Excellent vegan cafe

Super friendly and helpful staff, beautiful pleasant environment and delicious vegan food. What more could you want? Highly recommend

JenGallagher

Points +324

09 Sep 2023

So good. A hidden gem!

This all vegan cafe was so good!! I got the lentil snd chickpea burger and was so fresh and delicious. The dandelion latte was perfect. Best I have tasted. Everything hit the spot and the cafe is so beautiful with all the plants and greenery. They have a cabinet of sweets including donuts and cookies. The chocolate chip cookie was melt in my mouth. I really enjoyed this and will definitely return when I come back to Adelaide. It was a little tricky to find (walk through the courtyard from the main street)

Gregadeth420

Points +226

01 Sep 2023

Best vegan place for brunch

I’ve been here everyday so far. And I come here even tho I get free food at work. It’s that good. I absolutely love what they do. If you are in Adelaide this place is a must for any vegans. Staff are super friendly too. Their pecan tart is off the charts delicious. They are very conscientious about gluten free and as someone with celiac disease; that makes me very happy

Pros: Breakfast/brunch , Matcha 🍵 latte , Pecan tart

yvonne.lev

Points +63

11 Aug 2023

Yum, slice of heaven

We were in a slight rush and noticed they were open for dinner, we chose to stop in a grab a quick pizza, not only were the staff so accommodating they also gave us one of the best pizzas we’ve had in years!!

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Awesome environment

Tiggy

Points +15165

01 Jul 2023

La Vie en Vert

Initially I’d been sad to see that this cafe had moved out of the lovely ornate shopping arcade it was previously in, but I have to say the new space is very nice too. It was packed when we came in around 1pm but we managed to find a small table. I felt a bit of déjà vu as I ordered burgers and a smoothie, much as I had last time I was here a couple of years ago. Similarly, my experience of them was much the same: the burgers were fine but not amazing. Everything else about this place is great: the ethos, the space, the delicious smoothies. I had a Nuts About Greens, which seems to be basically an excuse to drink a decadent shake while convincing yourself it’s a healthy green smoothie. I wish I could rave a bit more about the main act but I just can’t. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t come here regularly if I were a local. I definitely would.

Pros: Delicious smoothie, Attractive space

pineconesjay

Points +32

27 May 2023

Favourite Vegan Café in Adelaide

Been coming here for years, even in the old location at Regent Arcade.
Veggie Vie's new home is a beautiful oasis in the city.
Just can't beat the Whole Food Bowl for value. A bowl of grains, salad, avocado, the daily Hot Pot, hommus, and more.
The burgers are also all amazing, and it's so hard to choose!
Energy Buzz smoothie is nice and fruity. Or, occasionally the decadent Choc Nut Swirl is called for.
There's a great selection of sweet treats, and ready-to-go lunch packs.
The staff a great; friendly, and the food is quick.
There's really nowhere else I'd rather go for lunch, in Adelaide, and it's always a treat, when I manage to go into the City.

Regan_J_Smith

Points +28

17 Apr 2023

Amazing vegan cafe in the city

Super delicious food in a convenient location in the city. Always great to have a full vegan menu rather than just options 😁🙌🏻

Pros: Amazing smoothies, meals and raw treats, Great vibe, Super friendly staff

loztracy

Points +56

05 Apr 2023

Great vegan find in Adelaide!

Great character. Great service. Great food. Reasonably priced. Travelling through Adelaide and we were very happy to find Veggie Vie. Will be back!

Pros: All vegan, Great gluten free options, Excellent staff

marshininamina

Points +680

23 Mar 2023

Nice fully vegan restaurant

We got the mushroom burger and the whole bowl, the burger was ok, a bit disappointed by it. But the bowl was very tasty!

Pros: Fully vegan

tanjaa0815

Points +100

07 Mar 2023

Cute café

Can recommend! I had a vegan tomato and cheese croissant and an oat mocha 🤤 so good!

Pros: 100% vegan, Amazing food and coffee, Friendly staff

greta.b8

Points +853

12 Jan 2023

Good BLT

The BLT was really tasty. It came on a poppy seed bagel and I am just someone who’d prefer an everything bagel. Other than that, pure perfection!
The service was great and the atmosphere was cosy and laid-back. Would love to try some of their other stuff!

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-12

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great staff & atmosphere

big_fan_of_pigs

Points +45

05 Dec 2022

Really like it!

I came in for breakfast, had the croissant with everything, and the coconut jam bar. Both were amazing! I would come back.

Sasky

Points +255

27 Oct 2022

Lovely experience

I went to Veggie Vie for dinner and only had to wait for 5 minutes until it was served - my bowl was fresh, nutritious and lovely decorated with edible flowers ☺️ The Ambience is cozy and the restaurant is located right in the city centre, they additionally offer some evening entertainment on occasion. Would definitely go there again and take friends with me!

Pros: Many different options (also gluten-free), Friendly staff

samkaus

Points +338

Mostly Veg
26 Oct 2022

Delicious quick lunch!

Great little hidden gem! We had a lovely quick lunch whilst in town. Lovely it's hidden away, would not have found it without happy cow!

Pros: Great menu range for all seasons, Lots of gf options, Cosy feel and friendly staff

Cons: Tricky getting a carpark if you are driving!

DSD

Points +98

27 Sep 2022

Favourite cafe in Adelaide

Friendly staff and great atmosphere but the best thing is the delicious food! The donuts are amazing, the soup is delicious, the bagels are to die for. Full of yummy, healthy options. All vegan.

Veganbohogirl

Points +3582

21 Aug 2022

5stars Love this place

New venu is amazing so impressive- lisenced and do wonderful evening dinners aswell as day food. We attended their christmas in july dinner which was superb including mulled wine, cocktails, roast dinner with nut roast, roasted chestnuts, stickydate pudding with icecream, stuffed cabbages, all vegan!

Healthy vegan food in cute little cafe friendly staff and great variety of burgers salads desserts smoothies etc. Wish i could eat here more often! The bagels are the best in adelaide and i always enjoy the budda bowls.

Updated from previous review on 2022-08-21

Pros: All vegan, Lisenced

Cons: only open sat evening on wknd, Difficult parking options nearby

MatildaTodmore

Points +49

16 Aug 2022

Great service, cute vibes but flavourless food

Visited in October 2021. Customer service was excellent and we were seated straight away with no booking. Food was well presented. Restaurant was clean with great decor.

The taste of the lasagna dish was abismal. We still to this day have no idea how they managed to make something so bland. You couldn’t even taste tomato in the tomato based sauce!

The halloumi burger was pretty good, although I got sick of the cheese patty about halfway through. This was my first experience with halloumi so I consider that a large factor.

Updated from previous review on 2022-08-16

Pros: 100% vegan restaurant , Nice atmosphere

Cons: Toilet in seperate building