Veggie Tables

Contact 02055049393

Central Town Road, Vang Vieng, Laos,

Vegetarian restaurant serving traditional Lao and Thai dishes with western meals available such as veg burger, falafel, soup, pasta, spaghetti, etc. Dairy is used, vegan to specify. Opposite Nazim and Sabaidee Restaurants. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Laotian

First Review by Tofulicious

Good place to eat - Edit

Veggie tables offers vegetarian and vegan versions of traditional lao and thai dishes and burgers. The portions are huge and we had hard time finishing it. However the staf is not really friendly and almost no English is spoken. These are the big cons.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-27

Pros: Rasy to find, Good food

Cons: Unfriendly staf, Staf doesnt speak English

Decent food from the only veggie restaurant in town - Edit

Good location on the main street of Vang Vieng (opposite the KMart). Decent range of menu options including local dishes, breakfasts, burgers, sandwiches and salads. Good value for money and the food was tasty but a bit too oily for me. Service was good considering only one member of staff on duty but frustrating that drink was served after meal arrived.

Pros: Variety of menu, Reasonable Price

Cons: Loud music from bar next door, Drinks took a long time to arrive

delishhh - Edit

The mushroom/veggie burger was amazingly delicious. (the portion of french fries that came with it was not so big) Their falafel hummus plate was very good only i like my hummus with a lot of lime but she was happy to give me a lime when I asked. The staff are calm and friendly. The little girl that was walking around gave me the menucard and helped me with putting ketchup on my plate. So cute. :)

Epic wait times - Edit

Oh wow, was this place fun. First off, the food is actually pretty good, especially for somewhere as achingly soulless as Vang Vieng. We ate here a couple of times, and both occasions were pretty identical. The staff were friendly and took our order, then seemed to get up to all kinds of hi jinks in the kitchen while we contemplated dying of old age. I have honestly never waited this long for food, anywhere. We watched other tables quietly seething with anger as the staff cheerfully told them their food would be with them soon, only to leave them waiting a further twenty minutes or so. Chefs seemed to come and go, one arriving from the street with a bag of vegetables as another walked through the restaurant and out down the road. To top it all, they don't serve drinks until your food arrives, so you can't even take the edge off it all. On one occasion, we were the only people eating in there, and still the food took forever. The killer thing is, the food is actually damn good. An amazing mushroom larp, decent papaya salad, and a tasty veg burger. I suppose you can't rush greatness. Worth the wait? Maybe...

Pros: Fantastic food

Cons: Staggeringly long wait times

ok - Edit

cheated on us with the change and just gave us 18.000kip to less. they definitely must have known this because we were the only customers at that stage and they made us wait really long for it because they had to search. obviously they didn't have enough change as they gave us very small notes as change as well.
however we were really disppointed about this since we had been there a couple of times and would have excepted honesty atleast..
unless that the food is ok. they don't react on extra wishes. don't take the papaya salad. he offered us "medium hotness" and I barely could eat something of it because it was definitely not medium spicy!

decent vegan burgers! - Edit

I really liked the vegan pumpkin burger. It's quite a big portion too!

As many vegetarian and vegan places they do not serve beer or any other alcohol. I guess I'll never understand that :)

Talked to some people who have been going there for a 2nd time and I'll do the same for sure.

Pros: great food, nice service

Cons: no alcohol, loud music in the place next doors

Loved the food - Edit

The food was great. was nice to have vegan sausage with beans and toast after so long without anything like that. falafel was very good too. price was very good , not expensive like I was led to believe. Came back a few times.

yay vegan food!! - Edit

So happy to have vegan food after a week of trying to not get "namm pa" or "ghai"!! Food is healthy fresh and tasty. Makes your tummy good. Huge menu.

Pros: noodle soup I can eat!, friendly staff and family, reasonable prices

Cons: loud rasta bar next door :(

awesome place - Edit

The food is very tasty first and foremost. Also very fresh ingredients, and we are eating here every day for a week.

They say it's organic too. In such a small town it's rare to find healthy places, so go for it!

Pros: cheap, healthy, organic

Cons: none

correction - Edit

We dined here April 2015, Kong the owner and his wife takes the orders and their English is limited, so not sure what previous comments are about. Prices are very good. For a westerner one could not complain about their bill.?? I think you would pay more in a restaurant that serves serves 'dead corpse'. Menu has a variety of dishes and its good to eat without any fear of eating dead bodies. Some of the veggies are organic.

Pros: vegan, clean and good service, priced reasonable

Delicious! - Edit

Ate here about 5 times, the food was always delicious. They don't speak English so couldn't check if things contain dairy. Staff are lovely. The 'soya balls' on the menu are actually falafel!

Pros: Variety, Tasty, Nice staff and atmosphere

Cons: Minimal English spoken

they don't understand what vegan means... - Edit

In front of this restaurant are a lot of "vegan" banner, but they didn't understood what we mean, when we asked for vegan food. We showed the staff the vegan sign at the entrance, but they didn't understood what we mean. So we took the falafel plate with humus and pita. It was not bad, but also nothing special. The portions were quit small for this price.

Pros: good atmosphere

Cons: small portions for this prices, they don't understand "vegan", they use microwave

Lovely place ! - Edit

I ate there 5 times and all the food was fresh and delicious.

Soya sausages with baked beans were very good for breakfast.

Spaghetti was very good too. They put a lot of cheese in it.

Falafel with humus and veggies was the best. Although it was strange that they served it with French fries and bread but next time I ordered it I asked them to make it without French fries and bread and they even gave me a discount on that ;)

Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 24, 2015

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh food

Don't get your hopes up if you're vegan - Edit

Ate at this place twice. First time, struggled with language barrier with the waitress. Fully appreciate I'm in a non-English speaking country but at the same time the restaurant has English advertising plastered everywhere outside, so think it's fair to expect the waitress to understand my questioning if certain items were vegan. Resorted to using the V-Cards app (free and highly recommended if you have a smartphone) The food was disappointing but gave it another go as Vang Vieng is not blessed with vegan choices.

Second time I had higher hopes as a woman who appeared to be in charge jumped in to the conversation when I asked the (same) waitress if the pumpkin burger was vegan. Despite the manager-figure confirming it was, it turned up with cheese on. Place has potential but if advertising is mostly in English they really should train staff to understand differences between veggie / vegan, or preferably mark vegan items on the menu.

Very good but vegans be careful - Edit

I was a bit worried when traveling to VV as I read that there was only one veggie restaurant. I was so happy when discovering that they have very good food. Communication is tricky as they don't speak much English and don't seem to know what vegan means. I recommend having someone at your hotel write a note for you if you are vegan. There were lots of food options and everything we tried was great. Staff were ok and prices were very acceptable.

Pros: great tasting, good price

Cons: not much english spoken, no beer sold

Return to Vang Vieng Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Tables closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2018 times.