First Review by Exquire

The best vegan restaurant in Fukuoka! - Edit

※日本語レビューは下にあります

I've eaten here many times, and they always serve me very delicious and satisfying food. I've tried the curry, the macrobiotic plate, and the taco rice so far, which were all big meals, well-prepared, and tasty.

The couple who own this restaurant are lovely, and I always enjoy talking with them. They're also very passionate about veganism and their food, and in reality restaurants which support veganism are rare in Japan.

It's a little far from Hakata or Tenjin but well worth going. You can enjoy the peaceful inaka (rural Japanese atmosphere) around the restaurant. There's also big, beautiful shrine (Miyagidake Shrine) three stops away if you are interested and have time.

ししぶ駅からすぐのveggie食堂船出屋では、有機野菜をたっぷり使った美味しいヴィーガン料理が食べられます。
エスニックカレー、日替わりマクロビプレート、タコライスどれもとても美味しくてお腹もいっぱいになります。値段は980円〜、ドリンク・デザートセットを付けても1380円です。安い。キッズメニューもあるのでお子さん連れのお母さんもたまに見かけます。

とても素敵なご夫婦がレストランを経営していて、店内のレイアウトもレトロでヒッピーな雰囲気。とても可愛らしくて落ち着くお店です。
古賀方面に用があってもなくても一度は訪れてほしい!完全ヴィーガンのレストランです。

Pros: delicious food, nice staff, big food

Cons: inconvenient

Excellent food and warm reception! - Edit

I took myself on a bit of an adventure to find this place, and it was so worth it! I love finding teeny tiny vegan gems hidden away around the world. The married couple who own and run this restaurant are great, and have no problem helping you understand the Japanese menu as they speak some English. The woman was so lovely that I'd go back there everyday just to be friends... If only I lived in Japan! Haha

The food was great, and they fed me a very large portion of curry, after a tasty spicy noodle salad (comes with your lunch purchase). I think the price was 978 yen for a lunch -- which is 7.97 USD! Great meal, great price, great people.

Worth taking thirty minutes to get to!

Pros: Delicious food, Great owners, Good price

Cons: Slightly off the beaten path

Fun and just lovely! - Edit

This has to be the funnest veg*n food in Fukuoka, and what's Japan without fun food right?

The restaurant is colourful and hip, but still tidy and well presented. There are DJ decks and cool posters, animal-rights stickers and colourful toys spread amongst the bright display of kitchenware and ingredients. I was immediately glad I'd made the trip north (about a half hour train journey from Tenjin) for lunch.

The staff spoke a little English (enough to explain the menu) and looked up a few things on a computer to show me what I was in store for. I got excited because I figured this is the kind of thing someone does when they are obsessed with good food and making happy customers! I ordered the most expensive stuff I could, which only came to Y1300 and came with delicious unlimited tea.

The food came quickly and I was immediately taken back by the generous size of the meal! Not just large, but each of the many items presented was truly living in the realm of "I don't think I could make this at home" (anyone who can make this stuff at home please contact me).

The tastes were bright and fresh and distinct. The whole lot was vegan and colourful and healthy. Over all it was a lot of fun and very good value!

If you don't mind the trip or you're passing through the area (or live there!) I can very highly recommend Veggie Syokudo Funadeya.

Pros: Wonderful food, Upbeat atmosphere, Great value

Cons: Not in a popular area

Return to Fukuoka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Syokudo Funadeya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.