Veggie Smalls

Contact n/a

Ave Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada 10650, Zona Rio, Tijuana, Mexico, 22010

Veggie Smalls is a vegetarian comfort food booth at Foodgarden. Foodgarden has four separate mini-restaurants in one outdoor eating area. You can order and pay for your food, and then the items are delivered to your table as they are ready. They have veggie burgers, fries and other American-style food. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-11:00pm, Sun 10:30am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Mexican

First Review by kenvegan

For a quick bite, nothing special - Edit

Basically like a food court in a mall, just without the mall. Some booths offering all kinds of food, Veggie Smalls being the most vegan-friendly. There are outdoor and indoor seats. As far as I observed it there is one booth with beverages where you have to pay the bills for any food purchase at the other booths.
Ate there twice: Burger was quite good, just not as hot as it had to be, the buns could be better, since the ones they use tear apart remarkably quickly, letting you back with a mess because everything gushes onto your tablet. Fries were so-so; better than MacDonald's but too limp for my taste.
However, they are open till very late, that's good, and although it's a food court the venue is somewhat nice anyway (liked the folksy tables outside).
Apart from that: Friendly staff and very reasonable prices.

Cool discovery! - Edit

Me and my boyfriend were looking for some other place when we stumbled upon Food Garden. We were planning to ask for directions to the other restaurant but then it turned out that they served vegan food here: quite a coincidence!

It was still early in the morning and I don't think they were fully prepared for customers yet, which explains why they were "out" of the soup of the day (we found that a bit curious since it was 10:30 AM). We only had one bowl of soup, which was tortilla soup, so we shared it. My boyfriend says that this tortilla soup was the best he had ever had (he's Mexican). We also had some taco's which I really liked, especially the ones with cauliflower. We returned the next day, having two bowls of soup this time, as well as taco's and a burger. This time the staff was definitely more prepared and very helpful in recommending dishes to us. I really like this place, I'm glad we found it!

Pros: love the taco's, AMAZING tortilla soup , location is cool

Vegan Fast Food Comes To Tijuana! - Edit

I decided to come down to Tijuana for an event called Arts and Trees where small companies and entrepreneurs sell arts and food (some of which is vegan) . And various bands are featured throughout the day. The event took place at Food Garden, which is comprised of several fast food, gourmet retaurants which all share a large outdoor food court setting.

The location and setting of Food Garden and Veggie Smalls is perfect for a warm, sunny spring day.

The people working behind the counter were very friendly and helpful, and even though i speak very little Spanish, they were able to set me up with a vegan chili burger and fries.

The burger was tasty and fresh, but I felt it could have been improved a bit by adding some additional spice. I am a big fan of garlic and onions, and I felt these two additions would have let me to give this restaurant a five star rating.

I am pleased to see so many new veg and veg-friendly restaurants opening in Tijuana. Veggie Smalls is still new, but based on the line I observed, they seem to be doing very well.

I plan on eating there again tonight to order some other menu items which looked delicious.

Pros: Atmosphere, Tasty Food, Reasonable Prices

Return to Tijuana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Smalls closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.