Veggie

Contact 0142612861

38, rue de Verneuil, Paris, France,

Vegetarian food made with all organic products. Seasonal and daily changing menu. Specialties are vegetables pies, risotto, and curry. Also offers apple pies, crumbles, and chocolate cakes. Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by millieb

Very small portions and no foreign cards accepted - Edit

Popped in this café after visiting Musée d'Orsay, but it was my dissatisfied lunch experience. Okay, Paris isn't a vegan friendly city but it seemed like this restaurant serves vegetarian/vegan food as a vogue amongst wealthy Parisians. The atmosphere was not too bad. The service was very typical Paris style. Don't expect too much. It was crowded by elegant madams when I went there around 2pm. I ordered a 'large' salad (€13) as this was the only one main dish for vegans. Very small amount of basic leaf salad with beans and beetroot. It shouldn't be called a large plate. Surly not enough to satisfy my appetite, I tried a vegan dessert which was, needless to say, the only choice I had. It was a descent amount but not impressive due to its price (€8.50). Ended up with paying €27.80 as I also ordered a bottle of sparkling water and tea. I felt I was totally overcharged. When I went to the till to pay, the casher told me that they don't accept foreign cards. Also, I should mention that the staff don't speak fluent English. If you have any questions about ingredients, you might need to speak French. Not recommended at all.

Cons: Very small portions , No foreign card payment

Relaxed, easy, light fare - Edit

Enjoyed a light lunch. Order from the chalkboard or pointing to dishes in the front. Easy vegan options. Wish there were more options but lunch plate was composed of 4 different cold options, filling and tasty. Bright decor with very nice and friendly staff to boot.

closed - Edit

I'm never happy when a place is closed when we're there at the advertised time. Not good!!

Got here gone 11am and they are supposed to be open 11 until 3pm.

Very disappointing.

Cons: closed when it was supposed to be open

Perfectly decent place - Edit

We came here after doing some touristing around town and were quite pleased with the quality of food (especially deserts) and the friendly staff. We came a bit late at lunch so we weren't allowed too many alternatives but were nevertheless satisfied with our servings.

Slightly pricey, but then again everything was claimed to be organic. They did not accept foreign credit cards. Could have done with a few more vegan options on the menu.

Pros: Good location, Nice venue, Brilliant desert

Cons: Pricey

Sorry - Deserves 1 Star - Edit

Love having vegan options while on the road but I really didn't enjoy this experience. Food was average but this dining experience really dented an otherwise nice day. I agree with EarthDave's review - don't inconvenience them with your business. We had plenty of great vegan dining experiences in Paris - go somewhere else (e.g. Gentle Gourmet).

Cons: rude service, average / boring menu

Not that impressive - Edit

While I am appreciative of the many vegan and veggie options in my new city, they have to be worth the effort and the money. In my opinion, this one wasn't.
Empty when we arrived at lunchtime, service was slow; it seemed like our business was more of an inconvenience.
Then the options we got were not that delicious. We felt overcharged and underfed.
So, we won't be returning, unless someone says a great change has occurred.
Better off going to Potager du Marais or Gentle Gourmet or Grenier du Notre Dame nearby.

Pros: veggie options

Cons: lacklustre service, not good value, not very interesting tastes

Wonderful Food Find! - Edit

As others have said this is close to d'Orsay which is how we happened there for lunch during the week. It was late April 2012. Adorable little place with organic fruit and full take-out selection to purchase as well as a great place to sit and enjoy! Both and spouse & I had the special and it was incrediable! Delicious veggies covered in a creamy sauce- oh so good! (and didn't upset my tummy like some rich-looking sauces do). My husband cleaned his plate and prob'ly would have licked mine clean too if I'd let him! Great wine was also available and our server was appearently owner/operator as well and she was very helpful and attentive. Both locals and tourists in for lunch - many stopping in to buy to go-meals or fruit. Had to fight spouse for my part of desert (apple crumble). Excellent food! A bit pricey, but it is Paris and you do get your fill! Highly recomend for quality of food.

Pros: Tasty, tasty food, Lovely area and restaurant, Did I mention excellend quality of food!

Cons: pricey compared to others, at the time not open weekends

A Welcome Find - Edit

The food was very good -- the two of us had soup (delicious, subtle seasoning), vegetable tart, and a stuffed aubergine dish. The consistency of the vegetables was just right, and the seasoning interesting and understated. Forty euros -- Paris is expensive (and vegetarian dishes certainly take time to cook).

Quick and Healthy! - Edit

My first stop during my five day trip in June to Paris. Picked this place because of the central location and was curious what to find. Came there a bit late for lunch around 2:45 PM and the place was almost empty but the Portuguese waitress/owner was friendly but spoke only French and wasn't able to explain me everything that was on offer so i just opted for the daily plate that was on the menu board that stood outside. It was a full plate for only 9 euros (!) and served almost instantly. According to the board it contained: Omelette SaladeVerte, Kasho aux legumes, Gratin de Courgettes and Galettes de Legumes. It could have used some extra flavoring but if you like a quick raw and very healthy full plate to get you through the day this is def the place to go in Paris!

Pros: Fast service, Great decor, Central Location

Cons: Food is basic but healthy, Sober ambience, No English menu

Great experience! - Edit

This vegetarian restaurant is a great place to have lunch especially if you're visiting the Museé d'Orsay. Service was prompt and the hostess was accommodating to vegans. The food was delicious and wine was excellent and we highly recommend it. It is not, at this time, open for dinner and it does not take credit cards. We would definitely eat here again.

Fresh but uninspired - Edit

We stopped in here in July 2010 for lunch. We were staying in the neighbourhood and were glad to know there was a vegetarian place so close. The restaurant is cheerful and nicely decorated, seems like a great place you'd like to spend an afternoon with a friend having some food. There were several other diners in the small restaurant at the same time as us, most of them locals.

Hopeful, we spoke with the waitress/owner (?) and she told us the selections of the day. There were a few flavours of tarts (like quiche) and she recommended the eggplant/quinoa dish. I ordered that. Unfortunately it was a plate of undercooked, crunchy quinoa with thick slices of lightly seasoned eggplant on the side. It needed to be further seasoned or come with a sauce - the meal was unsatisfying and unappetizing. My partner ordered a tart and she enjoyed it but is only for those two eat eggs.

All in all, I was very disappointed. I hope it was just a case of poor ordering on my part. She did say the eggplant dish was delicious so I have to wonder. This area is in desperate need of more vegetarian places to eat so I hope this is not representative of the food here. Too bad.

Our meal consisted of two mains and cost us an outrageous 25 Euro. No drinks, appetizers, or dessert was ordered.

Pros: Location, Ambiance, Staff

Cons: Underseasoned/undercooked food, Lack of vegan options, Price

Very nice - Edit

I stopped at Veggie the other week, and thought it was very nice. The woman working there seemed to have made all of the food herself, and was able to explain to me what was vegan and what was not. When I stopped in, I had already eaten lunch (I had just happened to pass by it), but couldn't help but grab a mini apple pie to go--which was delicious.

All of the food there is vegetarian and organic, and there are always vegan options. In addition to the small restaurant, there is a little store selling nice canned and packaged goods, as well as produce.

Pros: cute, affordable, friendly

Cons: not many vegan options

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9267 times since Mar 2010.