Veggie Mama

Contact 0413753290

5/567 Beaufort St, Mount Lawley, Perth, Western Australia, 6050

Vegetarian cafe providing savories like veggie patties, quiche, and filo pastries; plus fresh juices and smoothies, salads, organic tea, and coffee. Gluten-free options. Has Wi-Fi. Mon-Tue 8:00am-7:00pm, Wed-Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Australian

First Review by Vegan Sparkles

Home-style, hearty food and great variety - Edit

All-vegetarian cafe has a range of salads, unique burger patties (mushroom and walnut, beetroot and bean, sweet potato and polenta etc.) which you can have with salad or in a bun, excellent Filos, hot meals, baked goods and takeaway meals to reheat later. They're open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dishes are marked with e (egg free), d (dairy free) and g (gluten free) which makes it easy to work with dietary requirements. This is one of my favourite places in Perth!

Pros: excellent food, great variety, clearly marked for vegans and gluten free

Cons: rotating menu of hot food so you may not always ge

Huge let down - Edit

if u come to this restaurant make sure u arrive well before 6pm (even though closing time says 7). I arrived at 5:45pm and everything was packed up in take away and no longer on display. The servers were quite rude and annoyed that we had come in...
despite this I still stayed as I was excited about veg food... only to be even more disappointed as our food wasn't even warm and it definitely was not worth the money.
I love supporting veg places but this was a definite let down not just for the service but for the food as well.

Mama's vegan and vegetarian kitchen is tasty - Edit

As far as vegan and vegetarian restaurants go this place is standard. But locally put, it's a high standard restaurant. The salads are fresh, you can see some creativity with the food, everything is clearly labelled if it contains eggs, dairy or gluten. There is a cool choice of hamburger patties and salads which don't ruin your bank account balance. The price is very fair and portions are satisfying. Very nice and safe place to visit if you go hungry in Perth.

Love it! Quick and easy - Edit

I visit Veggie Mamma frequently as it is close to my house and the food is fantastic. The tofu coconut curry and black pepper tofu are my two favourite dishes. Along with a great selection of salads, they have fresh juices, coffee and desserts.

The staff are always lovely and they're open late several nights a week.

Pros: Great food, Friendly Staff, Chilled Vibes

Lunch Date or just to eat delicious food! - Edit

You can catch up for a more formal lunch and dress nice or, just hang out and eat with friends.

Beautiful staff, very good variety and lovely premise.

Pros: Variety of food & big portions, Excellent Coffee shop & Soy Chai Lattes, OPEN LATE & TILL 9PM SOME NIGHTS

Cons: Noise echos but not bad Good for privacy

Amazing place! - Edit

Veggie Mama is a wonderful vegetarian café! Has many vegan treats and you are guaranteed fresh produce. Whatever you have it's amazing and whenever I have the chance I definitely make a visit to Veggie Mama. The staff are very helpful and have a good knowledge of the food available. The patties are great and definitely worth having!

Pros: Great food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Wish it was bigger

Great selection of hearty salads! - Edit

This is a great place for a simple and healthy lunch.

My wife and I are currently visiting my parents from Melbourne. It's a heatwave here, and so eating cool salads in an air-conditioned cafe is much appreciated.

We've already been to this place a couple of times this visit, and will surely go again. Not only is it conveniently located for us, but the wide selection of deliciously interesting salads means we're happy lunch here multiple times a week. The various legume patties are nice too. We even went with my non-veg mother once and she was happy too.

Pros: Wide selection of salads, Healthy, Happening Beaufort St location

Fabulous salads! - Edit

We were looking for somewhere to have a cheerful, nourishing lunch today and Mike suggested trying V.M. as we've been wanting to give it a go. We were very glad we did! Their salad bar was mouthwatering and tasted even better than it looked. We also had a spinach, potato and pinenut filo roll and a vege baked 'slice'. Delicious, good value for money. Who says healthy veg*n food is boring?

Pros: salad bar, friendly staff, generous serves

Cons: a bit noisy

Contributions +46

Fresh and delicious - Edit

I really like this establishment as they offer variety of fresh, delicious and tasty food.

They also clearly mark vegan dishes. Best place for clean vegan breakfast.

Pros: Lots of variety, Fresh, Tasty

Cons: Almost none. I just wish all vegan :)

Just what Perth Vegans need - Edit

As a relatively new Vegan I have been looking for a place like this in Perth. Something more than a garden salad and not all Asian dishes filled with meat facsimiles.
I had to buy more than I could eat just so I could try a few different things. I ordered mushroom & tofu stew and sweet & sour tofu and veg with noodles, both were very tasty and helped knock back my flu-ridden winter blues. I also had a savoury vegetable filo roll, one of the many to choose from, some of which have cheese. Mine however was categorised e,d (the store clearly categorises what food is free from e-egg, d-dairy, g-gluten). This on it's own was delicious and just what you might make yourself at home if you had an hour or more to spare. I added two salads that were again really good, especially the cabbage salad with sprinkles of dessicated coconut. My greatest difficulty was saving some to take home for my wife to try! There were plenty more options behind the glass that I wanted to taste so I can see this will have me heading back for more soon.

Pros: Friendly Service, Reasonable price, Food Selection

Cons: Not open for Dinner!, Too far away from my house!

Very tasty food, great value, fast service! - Edit

First visit for lunch yesterday. We were delighted with our vegan choices. I had the walnut/mushroom/quinoa patty with salads. My husband had the vegan hot foods with salads. The flavours were a delight... Seemed like someone prepared it all with great care & pride. We will definitely be returning!

Pros: Delicious & healthful, Fast service, Good value

Cons: Small cafe, not for large groups

Definitely: Best vegetarian restaurant in Perth - Edit

Excellent fresh healthy choices, very yummy, lots of vegan options. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, good coffee too.

Pros: good value, not too expensive

Cons: Popular on weekends around lunch

Return to Perth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Mama closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7219 times since Nov 2011.