First Review by bin74

curry tofu - Edit

I have to say that the vegan curry tofu is yummy....that tofu is so perfectly cooked. I know they make it themselves...but i wish my tofu was melt in your mouth like veggie kitchen.Love that they have mr niceguy cupcakes too.

Lovingly Prepared Food - Edit

The food is very artful here and it's a nice setting. The owner is adorable, has followed her dream and is passionate about what she does and I understand the sister cooks. I love the food here and because i used to work in the area would lunch here frequently on dumplings and other scrumptious little creations. I must promise myself to return and try their buffet that I hear so much about.

Hmmm - Edit

After reading the previous reviews, I was pretty excited to experience Veggie Kitchen! Also, some non-veg friends invited me so I was hoping the food would impress their tastebuds. Unfortunately, most of our chosen dishes were on the bland side. The Dumplings were bland. The Ah Gei was okay. The Vermicelli was quite tasty. The Yam Spring Rolls were the only dish which I can say we all thought was delicious & amazing! The service was wonderful & the place was packed on a Tuesday night.. so maybe we just chose the wrong dishes.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice variety, Bustling vibe

Cons: Bland flavour, Bland decor, Tacky plastic sleeve menus

Vegan-friendly; delicious food - Edit

Have been here many times. Get the banquet. I think it is about $28 pp these days. Good value as you get about 5 courses and it will leave you stuffed. Friendly service. Place is run by two sisters who are from Taiwan. Food is presented well and there's obvious love and pride in it. They make everything in-house, including tofu. Hard to find anything bad to say about Veggie Kitchen.

Pros: Interesting and v tasty food, Friendly & welcoming, Reasonable prices

Cons: Decor is a bit average

A place for celebration and health - Edit

What a lovely feeling this place has. The staff are gentle and helpful and the restaurant is a nice place to sit. Then comes the food....amazing!
Vegan, and gluten free items are clearly identified on the menu, and there is a lot to chose from. We went for a number of entrees to get a good sample and every single dish was...as I said - amazing!
The food is Taiwanese style, and I have to say I wasn't sure what to expect. Our meal included dumplings, hand cut sweet potato chips and ah gei (stuffed tofu pocket with green bean noodle, black fungus, cabbage and tofu paste).
They make most of thier ingredients daily, with no preservative or MSG added. The even have vegan cupcakes, or pancake for dessert, as well as tofu dessert. A gathering place for friends, even your non-veg*n one's will be impressed!

Pros: Ambience, Food, Service

Great service and delicious food - Edit

I went here as a part of a vegan group, and we got the banquet. There was so much delicious food and it just kept coming. Also the staff were so friendly and really keen for our honest feedback on everything. The price for all the food we got was really very inexpensive, and with everything made on site, the quality is just superb. I'm not sure I've ever tasted tofu that was quite so good. With no chemicals and MSG the meals are also super healthy.

The only reason I wouldn't give 5 happy cows is simply because there was only a very limited dessert selection (2 options - 1 vegan) that didn't seem overly appetising. If they work on the dessert menu, this place would be impeccable :)

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Return to Northcote Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veggie Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1127 times since Aug 2010.