First Review by Eric_

Interesting take on fast food - Edit

They did sweep the floor when we were there, but the place needs a little bit more than that! It's not filthy. Just a bit worn. Would have given 4 cows otherwise...

The food was a refreshing change from buffets and restaurants. Pizza, pasta, bagels and burgers on offer. We tried the hot burger combo and the taco combo. Plenty of food came with it, e.g. Chicken wings, cake. Can't fault the food, really. And it was cheap.

We walked from Taipei Main Station - not fun during the rainy season. Better off walking from Ximen MRT exit 4 and it's around 10 minutes' walk from there.

Pros: Inexpensive, Decent food, Friendly staff

Cons: Needs a little freshening up

So.. so... - Edit

Didn't like it so much, but it's ok if you are in the area and don't want to walk so much looking for a vegetarian place.
In the menu they have things like: wraps, pizzas, salads, small soups.
I tried the wrap, and a mushroom soup, wrap was ok, soup not tasty.
Looks like they just do a general cleaning once in a while.

Pros: fare english, food you could know about it

Cons: not tasty, not very clean

reasonable and affordable - Edit

I tried a few times because I teach nearby and could not fine anything else close by. They don't make it until you place your orders, so everything is fresh and tasty. The only thing that stops me from going back is the neatness, especially the restroom. The photos of the restaurant can be deceiving, but the food is great!

Pros: tasty, reasonable price, fresh

Cons: greasy, neatness

What a find! - Edit

We found this place very accidentally and as we were not hungry, we only had cocoa and cake. The cocoa was labelled as 'small', but the size was actually very big!
The cake was also quite good.
Then, the next morning we came for breakfast. Mmmmm! Some food was just OK, but some was perfect - I especially loved their creamy soup.

We also ordered two take away pizzas there. Their 'Garden Pizza' was excellent.
Highly recommended, if you like American junk food.

Four cows, because the place didn't seem to be very clean.

Pros: All vegan, large portions, Very friendly owner, Tasty food

Cons: Could be cleaner...

Fast Food like you'd forgotten It - Edit

The previous review basically said it all: good basic fast food. It's not exactly fine dining, and the interior isn't the fanciest, but the food is tasty, classic American-style fast food like I'd forgotten it. Their use of soy cheese really adds to the 'authenticity' of their meals. This place is definitely worth checking out while in or around Ximen Ding (or Taipei Main Station - only one stop).

Pros: unique, location, well-priced

Cons: greasy food, not very healthy

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veggie Joy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1648 times since Jul 2012.