CLOSED: Veggie House - Vegan Hut

04-2287890

27, Lorong Amoy, George Town, Penang, Malaysia, 10050

Opened Dec 2015 serving Asian and Western style vegetarian food. A la carte menu in addition to a small handful of set dishes. CONFIRMED CLOSED, MAR 2016.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Asian, Malaysian

First Review by Gotham

Awesome! - Edit

We came here by luck when strolling around - we didn't serch for it. We were not sure should we go in or not, it was backstreets and almost empty. But we decided to give it a try. We asked for recomendation from the friendly waiter and it was a jackpot!
We ordered vegan version of chinese Hor Fun soup and malay vegan Satay. Its was yummy, delicious, ohhh sooo goood! Even my partner who eats meat from time to time (and wanted to try meats in Penang) was more than satisfied! Quote about soup: " I almost cried I think I might had kind of gastronomic orgasm" :)))
Yes - the soup made our evening here!
Filled with umami broth with "spongy" noodles, greens and various mushrooms with perfect texture.
Satay was also very good. We got some pudding like dessert on top.

For me? Worth a visit!

Relatively new & inexpensive cafe - Edit

Found this cute lil cafe near my hotel in George Town, but it's on the edge of the heritage area. Menu in English & Mandarin. Wasn't too busy on Monday evening, staff were attentive but had to wait as food was freshly cooked. Single person went for dinner: soup, starter & main, plus a sandwich to take away. Came to only RM30 or SGD10/ AUD10.

Pros: Menu: Chinese & Western dishes, Price

Cons: Location: if you're not staying nearby

Great place - Edit

I'm always so pleased to see more vegan places that provide a unique eating experience, actually it's fantastic!
Pleasant place, clean and with friendly staff
Food is so yum and has a large menu

Return to Penang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veggie House - Vegan Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.