Veggie House

Contact 323-851-8837

3217 Cahuenga Blvd W (at Barham), Los Angeles, California, USA, 44113

In Sept 2013 this vegan food cafe replaced Vegan Express. It offers a large menu of Thai food along with several veggie burgers and salads. On the weekends is an all-you-can-eat buffet service. Location is near Universal Studios. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai, Buffet, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by ronitw

Quaint and delicious! - Edit

We tried pad woon sen, chicken nuggets, and Thai iced teas, and everything was delicious. I'd definitely go back next time I'm in the area!

Pros: Good prices, quick, friendly service, great selection of delicious food

Authentic Thai Food - Edit

This small but cute vegan Thai restaurant has a great selection of thai meals and homemade desserts. I visited with my grandma and boyf. We all ordered Tom Kha but with variations as I dont eat tofu, my grandma being diabetic didnt want sugar and my boyf wanted spicy. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating to our requests. Having lived in thailand for 2 years this restaurant didnt disappoint and we loved it.

Parking was tricky however - its behind the building and you have to enter east of the restaurant, down a small alley. We actually had to go inside and ask where we could park as there is no street parking.

Pros: Authentic meals, Friendly staff

Cons: Hard to find the parking

simply the best around - Edit

By far my favorite place to eat. Not only is it the tastiest, but super friendly staff! Place is tiny But that doesn't effect the food. It's the best my vegan mouth has ever tasted. They even have a small selection of burgers (3) which the cowboy one was Delish. Also have wings which I'll have to try next time. Def give this place a try, you'll love it! PARKING IS IN THE BACK

Pros: the tastiest freshest food, atmosphere , variety

Contributions +64

Nice little joint - Edit

Tiny and cute and located in a blink and you'll miss it spot this seems to be a take-out fave for neighboring businesses. Reliably delicious foods and reasonable prices make this a good experience. Not a huge fan of the tiny upstairs parking lot with stacked parking but otherwise a nice little spot. Go for an early lunch and you'll get a spot.

Pros: Delicious, Reasonable prices

Cons: Barely-there parking, Tiny place inside

Good to Very Very Good - Edit

I have eaten her many times. The food is always good to to very good. Standard LA vegan Thai fair which I think was started by Vegan Express (Pia?) years ago. Thai with burgers, fries and salads. But they do it better than most.

I have had curries here which I would nearly call exceptional but it is inconstant. Their curries are always good but at times I they are nearly exceptional. Fresh ginger and maybe galanga.

I give them an good for a combination of the consistently good food and reasonable price.

Pros: Concistantly Good, Occasionally exceptional currey

Cons: Parking

tasty and reasonably priced - Edit

We checked out their menu online and ordered delivery. The order was delivered quickly and everything was still warm. We got the dumplings, papaya salad, spicy mint noodles, laab, and mango & sticky rice. It was all tasty and very reasonably priced. The laab in particular was quite tasty with small seasoned tofu pieces. The menu itself has ample options, but isn't too big either. I appreciate that most dishes are made with tofu although soy chicken, beef or shrimp can be added for an extra fee. We definitely plan to order from them again.

Pros: reasonably priced, fresh and tasty, quick delivery

New Place - Edit

Fresh food, nice people replacing the beloved Vegan Express. We had the garden and green papaya salad, satay tofu, dumplings, curry and a soup - all very delicious and reasonable prices. Parking is still in the lane behind the restaurant.

Pros: Good food, Nice people

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4207 times since Sep 2013.