First Review by angelaxvx

Great mock meat & friendly atmosphere - Edit

I went here with my non-vegan boyfriend. We got the BBQ meat appetizer, orange chicken, and won ton soup. The orange chicken was extremely reminiscent of the orange chicken at panda express (in a good, tastes like actual chicken way!). The won tons were also very delicious and the veggies were all very fresh! Definitely a wise choice for affordable and delicious vegan food in Las Vegas, we would both go again.

Pros: Lots of vegan options!

Variety and flavor! - Edit

Nice little restaurant on the upper level of the shopping center. Cute decor and a huge selection of items! Generous portions too! Had the lunch portion which is supposed to be smaller portion but still took home leftovers! They are advertising a new veggie restaurant with drive thru coming soon!

Pros: Something for everyone!

Went for lunch...returning or dinner - Edit

I decided to use the Happy Cow app to find a spot for lunch today. I'm so glad that I did as I now found my new favorite restaurant in Vegas. The food, service and atmosphere was all top notch. I had the Kung Pao Chicken and the lunch portion was generous and flavorful. The pricing was very reasonable too. I was so excited that I'm now taking my wife there for dinner.

Pros: Great food options, Clean, Fair Pricing, great ser

friendly, large portions, vegan! - Edit

This place is now vegan! Friendly. Large portions. Great flavors.

Pros: vegan, friendly, great menu/desserts

Cons: hard to find - it's upstairs grocery store adjacen, too far from strip

All vegan unless you request eggs, delicious - Edit

Everything on the menu is vegan. They offer eggs on the side for some unknown reason, but the food was amazing and service was very friendly.

General Tso's mock-chicken was on point. Very good.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly

Cons: Eggs for unknown reason

Excellent vegan Chinese! - Edit

This place is always a go-to! Wonton soup is awesome, crispy beef is awesome, chow mein is awesome...just go enough times to try everything :-)

The servers are so sweet and remember you, and the chef sometimes comes out and personally asks you if you are happy with everything.

This is a place I always take out of towners when they visit!

Pros: food, service, overall experience

Cons: lemon chicken (not the best)

Largest Vegan Menu in Town! - Edit

This is a true Vegan Gem! Everything you could ever imagine made to suit our plant based taste buds. One of many favorites is the Vegan Walnut Scallops- this dish is beyond amazing. Everything here from Vegan meatballs to Vegan beef,chicken and fish. The crispy eggplant is also a party of flavors at every bite. All handmade from scratch, no reheating frozen products at this Veggie only masterpiece!

Pros: Large menu, Affordable, Large portions

Fantastic! Please Build One In PHOENIX! - Edit

I bought a groupon in advance of my trip to Vegas and we tried this place for lunch. Great friendly service. We ordered the won tons, veggie fried rice and my boyfriend got a beef and snap pea entree that I can't remember the name of! The won tons were outstanding! I can never get these due to egg content so it was such a nice surprise to be able to order and enjoy them. Flavor was awesome. My fried rice was fantastic. I've been places where the fried rice was pretty boring...this. .. this fried rice was outstanding! My boyfriend who is not vegan enjoyed his 'beef' entree as well! The miso soup at the start was also great. ...fresh and full of veggies.

Pros: Clean, Fast, Delicious

Favorite veg restaurant in Vegas - Edit

My husband and I are regulars here and we are never disappointed! I absolutely love asian food and this place definitely hits the spot. Everything is vegan and they even have some amazing vegan desserts, the cheesecakes they offer are a must try. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu :)

Oh my gosh this is good -even for meat eaters - Edit

My husband and I are vegans, we were visiting Vegas with our daughter who is not. The reviews led us to this restaurant. We were blown away by the mastery of the chef. Our daughter ordered the Orange "chicken" and she said she couldn't tell the difference. I ordered the spicy "fish" and the spices and the breading were about the tastiest thing I've ever eaten. The chef is a master, this restaurant allows us vegans to enjoy foods that actually taste like meat once in awhile. The flavors were so delicious. I highly recommend!!!

Pros: Delicious, Good for meat eaters and vegans, Good service/quaint decor

Tried and True, every time - Edit

After a long day and a growling stomach, I know I can always count on Chef Kenny to feed is something amazing. Of course, the crispy beef is simply divine, but a simple order of BBQ meat is wonderful all by itself. I generally also get an order of the broccoli with oyster sauce, so I feel better about it all by eating some greens.

Worth the Trip! - Edit

A little hard to find (use a GPS to get there). But it was amazing. Everything there is vegan except a few dishes with eggs. The pineapple duck (seitan) wasn't great, maybe because it was too chewy and thick. But the tamarind curry veggies were great, and the spicy orange beef was absolutely amazing! I would love to go back and try some other dishes, but I would have to get the orange beef again, too!

Pros: variety/# of options

Cons: a little off the beaten path

Great And Refreshing - Edit

I had roast pork and bbq beef. The pork was great. It was difficult to find the place. It's on the second floor on top of an Asian supermarket.
The bbq beef was alright. It was just an appetizer. Still pretty good.

Pros: Vegan, Quality, Taste

Cons: Location

Horrible Entree, Good Dessert - Edit

I ordered the spicy pad Thai. It was not spicy and had a really odd after taste.
They had a sign saying they would replace food if one was not satisfied but I was not asked even though I told them the good tasted odd
Ordered the pancake, banana and ice cream for dessert and it was excellent. Had 2 plates of dessert to make up for terrible entree.
The fake meats look like the real thing. I couldn't bring myself to eat the fake shrimp.

Pros: Dessert

Cons: Pad Thai Is Terrible

:)))))) !!!!!!! - Edit

I'm so impressed w/this place! They serve all your traditional asian dishes but everything is made w/meat alternatives: beef, pork, chicken, duck, shrimp, scallops. I've been satisfied w/just veggie dishes but am trying new things simply out of curiosity & some are really tasty. i had no idea that all these meat alternative creations even existed :)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 23, 2013

Okay - Edit

The service here was good, some language barriers when asking about the city but when ordering our wait staff knew what we wanted. The two appetizers we got were okay, I expected more flavor to the won tons and there was no wasbi for our happy sushi appetizer. The singapore noodles were okay and could use more flavor in my own opinion. The chicken it came with (at our request) was good. The best part of the visit was the Spicy Kung Pao Beef-- spicy and flavorful. The peanuts were sparse but it was still very good. I won't rush back but it is definitely a good option to eat at as a vegan.

Pros: atmosphere, entree

Cons: appetizers (won tons and happy sushi)

Superb Vegan Chinese Food in Las Vegas - Edit

Unlike most other vegan Asian restaurants, Chef Kenny makes his own vegan mock meats on site, and they are amazing.

As I had never tasted his mock shrimp, I decided the shrimp with broccoli dish. Very tasty!

I also ordered the five vegetable delight, and Chef Kenny once again created an outstanding dish.

The menu at this restaurant is 97% vegan according to the chef, and he claimed that he has egg in just a few items to cater to his Asian customers who insist on his having egg in a few dishes.

I would highly recommend you take a ride down Spring Mountain Road to check out this restaurant. You will be glad you did!

Pros: Food, Service

Cons: Ambiance

Veggie House Is My New House - Edit

Went in a group of 4 adults and 2 children. Two adults are non vegan or vegetarian and neither are their two kids. Everyone ordered something different and we all shared and loved everything. We got the lemon chicken, vegetable/tofu soup,curry potato chicken, curry fish,sizzling steak,chow main,fried fish vegetable roll(new), and a turmeric salad.

Pros: Service, Food, Lunch Deals

Best Vegan Chinese food in the SW! - Edit

I love Asian food, especially Chinese cuisine, so my expectations were high going in. They did NOT disappoint.

I read that it can be a bit difficult to find so I called and was guided there.

There was so much I wanted to try... I couldn't decide. The lady that waited on us had the best idea ever... Rock, Paper, Scissors! lol She won with paper over my rock so I got the General Tso chicken. It was amazing! Flavorful spices, tender bites, perfectly fried batter, perfectly cooked brown rice, and to my surprise it also came with broccoli. The wontons were pretty good too.

I ordered my food to go, but there was a large dining room area. The place was very nice and clean.

I will definitely return, many times, whenever I'm back in town.

Pros: amazing vegan chinese food , friendly, helpful staff, clean, spacious restaurant; affordable

Cons: a bit difficult to spot from the street

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! ASK for ORANGE CHICKEN! - Edit

You have to ask for Orange chicken as it's not on the menu and I must ask the Chef why? He served it at our Health and Wellness Expo and it's the most delicious thing you've ever eaten! Even my carniovore brother ate it and swears it's chicken!

Super friendly and the price is right!

Pros: ORANGE CHICKEN, SUPER FRIENDLY, PRICE IS SUPER

Cons: There are none!

Veggie House is like home! - Edit

This place is a delicious and almost entirely vegan Asian restaurant in Las Vegas!

Many delicious meat and seafood analogs make this place awesome. Try the crispy sweet and sour vegan shrimp, the vegan sesame chicken, the vegan hot and sour soup and the vegan cherry ice cream-all vegan and all delicious! The entrees are often fried but they also have some steamed options. Steamed brown rice avaliable.

I haven't tried the vegan ice cream with mung bean cake but will some day!

Pros: Delicious, Good prices

Addicted! - Edit

I visit Veggie House at least three times a month (when I'm not on the road constantly). This place is amazing! I remember the first time I had to question if it was the real thing, it was so similar but so much better! I love love this place and so far I have not had anything I didn't like.

Pros: Taste, Price

almost entire menu is vegan!! - Edit

The pad Thai and spicy crispy beef were seriously amazing!! So excited to eat the leftovers tomorrow. We will definitely be back. Great service, great food. Never had such tasty faux meats without the awkward aftertaste. Go here!!

Pros: vegan!

Cons: none

Finally a great vegan Chinese place in Vegas! - Edit

Veggie House is great for vegetarians and meat eaters too. I've been veganish for a year and have been looking for a place like this for a long time. The Szechuan shrimp I had was not exactly like scallop yet tasted satisfying, only wished it was more spicy. The fried vegan ice cream desert is beyond dreamy.. Will be trying other dishes on the menu pretty soon.

Pros: tasty food, great service, large menu

Cons: food could be more spicy

Go Here! - Edit

You have to try the Lotus Root. All the food is great, but its worth a trip just to experience these amazing delicacies...even if you are traveling from afar. The staff is super friendly and the chef has a real love for vegetarian cuisine.

Pros: Lotus Root, Creative Dishes

Las Vegas Jackpot! - Edit

Food was exceptional. Looking forward to a return visit. Menu was extensive and priced reasonable. Service very good. Location is a bit hard to find. It's in a "mall-like" area upstairs intermixed with MANY other eateries and shops. Non-vegetarian friend enjoyed the experience (orange chicken - familiar)

Pros: Food, Price, Atmosphere

Yeah!!! - Edit

OMG! Amazing! I would eat here over any other Chinese place in town. No Guilt tasty food! I reccomend the crisp y pho beef. I loved every dish. I am allergic to shellfish and I can't wait to go back for pho walnut shrimp. Great menu with nice options other then tofu. The owner is extremely passionate about great tasting healthy food. A true artist. If you are asking yourself what's for dinner ...... Make it Veggie house!

NEW RESTAURANT OPENED FOR VEGAN VEGETARIAN - Edit

THIS NEW RESTAURANT JUST OPENED 2 WEEKS AGO . INSIDE DECO IS SO RELAXING.WATER AND FLOWER INSIDE THE DINING ROOM.THE FOOD IS AMAZING GOOD ,SMOKE FISH ,BBQ MEAT ,HOME MADE TOFU,MORE AND MORE ,..GIVE THIS RESTAURANT A TRY,YOU KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 08, 2012
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 25, 2012

great new addition to Vegas - Edit

Based on all the good reviews below, we wanted to check out Veggie House on our next trip to Las Vegas. It is conveniently located down the street from Ronald's Donuts too. It's on the second floor of a strip mall in Chinatown and it was easy to find. The interior is light and modern. The service was very quick. Our food was out in no time at all.

We ordered the Happy Family (bean curd skin, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms), the Chow Fun noodles and the lotus root cake special. All excellent. The lotus cakes were especially unique and tasty. Chef Kenny was talking to another couple next to us about all of the health benefits, so we didn't get a chance to talk to him personally, but his friendliness was apparent. We look forward to visiting on our next trip to Vegas.

Pros: easy parking, quick friendly service, large menu

Cons: not all vegan

TRULY A GEM! - Edit

I went to the Veggie House for my birthday dinner. My hubby, who is not a vegan could not believe how great the food was. Even more, he couldn't believe we were not actually eating meat. The food here is so spot on! Everything was excellent. Chef Kenny is a very personable person. He is a newer vegan himself and has seen firsthand the health benefits. He is committed to spreading the word and giving vegetarians/vegans a place with many delicious choices to dine at. He even offered samples to help us make a selection for our next time dining. The value is great and the food is excellent. Veggie House is truly a gem and all people who enjoy Asian cuisine will love it, regardless if they eat meat or not. It's just an added perk that the place is meat free. Please tell all of your friends. They also have great lunch specials. We need to make sure Veggie House keeps their doors open. Highly recommend! You won't be sorry!

Pros: excellent food, great value

Wonderful experience!! - Edit

We are new to a vegetarian diet and found this great place recently. The menu is amazing with a great variety of all "no meat" entrees. The owner, Chef Kenny, was attentive and spoke to us about his endeavor to promote healthy eating. He offered us samples of new items which were amazing. The staff are friendly and helpful with the menu. We will definately return again and again. LOVED IT!!!!!

Pros: excellent food, great value, friendly staff

GREAT food, WONDERFUL service! - Edit

The staff was very welcoming and very friendly. They had great recommendations and great presentation. Everything looked like real Chinese dishes, but all soy-based! Great tasting. I will be there again soon! Try the Wonton Noodle Soup and the BBQ Pork App!

Pros: great value, lots of options, great service

The best Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant Las Vegas - Edit

My opinion , Vegetarian is not a large veriety menu in most places.But VEGGIE HOUSE LAS VEGAS is a awesome place .I have been coming to this place 3 days in a roll after my friend brought me here.Even I am not a vegetarian ,But when I tried a few dishes here, I think I wanted to be a vegetarian now.All dishes were so tasty and the place is so relaxing inside.I love the raining fall from the roof in the dining area.Bamboo tree all over and looked green and cleaned.I had chef KENNY specialty dish are not on the menu is LOTUS ROOT CAKE AND VEGGIE GEESE. OH ...is out of this world.I have no idea how he can cook with vegetables come out just like others meat dishes.Spicy crispy EGGPLANT is so crispy but not oily , HOUSE LO MEIN RAMEN NOODLE ,SWEET N SOUR PORK and Curry dishes , and many many more dishes that I really go for it. Kenny told me he was a chef since 1984 in San Diego and opened 3 restaurant after.He had Food wholesale business when he came to LV.He said he want to encourage more people come to try his food and benefit for the health, oh ..their Brown Rice is perfect .I really want to tell all my friends ,I mean all my friends come to learn the new adventure of veggies dishes at VEGGIE HOUSE in Vegas here. Service is very good, reasonable price and portion is hugh.I gave this place excellent 5 cow rated.Vegan and Vegetarian is so lucky to have Veggie House opened here in Vegas b,cos of they really can find a place to eat.(full vegetarian menu)so good.......

Pros: healthly food

I just can't get enough... - Edit

I absolutely LOVED this restaurant. Not only was the service impeccable, but the food was out of this world. The Menu is MOSTLY Vegan with a couple of dishes that may contain egg, but if you tell them no egg, they won't use it! I just couldn't believe what I was eating was Vegan. The flavors are unique and explosive, I enjoyed myself very much and will definitely go back again and again.

Pros: Great Value, Excellent Food, Friendly Staff

AMAZING! - Edit

Not only was the food out of this world but there where so many options. The servings are HUGE and the prices are very affordable. Not only was the food amazing but the inside of the restaurant was beautiful and the service was top notch! Great for date night, family night, or any NIGHT~!

Pros: Amazing Food , Affordble , Many choices

Good food & a good value - Edit

I went here for lunch one day while in Vegas. The lunch special was under $7 and there were many meals to choose from. I got the Braised Tofu with Veggies, soup, brown rice. The flavors were good; the only thing I would change was that there was so much tofu on the plate... I would have preferred a little less tofu & some more veggies instead. I overheard the waitress talking to another customer and she said the "Happy Family" dish has broccoli in it.... I think I'll try that one next time. Great value. The nicest people work there. You can park inside the garage if you want shade, or go to the upper level of the parking structure and walk right in the back door of the restaurant. Free wifi. I will definitely go back!

Pros: Great value at lunch, Good flavors, Friendly attentive service

Great food!!!!! - Edit

Am not a full vegetarian, and still found food to be excellent. Great meal, great staff, great atmosphere! Staff was very helpful guiding us through the menu. Many, many selections AND daily specials. Their braised beef was A-mazing!!! The crispy goose was excellent! Everyone was very knowledgeable about menu items and differences between the many forms of the "non-meat" world. Also warned us of nuts in the dishes... something I've rarely experienced in other restaurants. Can't wait to go back and try other dishes.

Pros: Excellent Food, Excellent staff, Excellent Vibe

Cons: ?

Fantastic Vegan - Edit

Glad we are getting more options here in the Vegas valley & this one does not disappoint. Everything was fantastic. For someone who always orders eggplant, I have to say their crispy eggplant is the best eggplant dish I've had next to Yellowtail's (Bellagio) eggplant skewers.
This place is a must for any vegan or vegitarian.

Pros: Nice owner & staff, Cute atmosphere

Creative & Delicious - Edit

This is what a restaurant should be: Owner/operator/chef/Artist. Kenny, the affable OOCA, explained that he had owned 3 restaurants in San Diego and one of them specialized in a very popular smoked shark dish which he has Veganized here at Veggie House, it was outstanding. As were the other dishes we sampled: Roti w/ Curry, Spring Rolls, Lettuce Wraps and Crispy Eggplant. Fantastic meal, Great service, Highly recommended...

Amazing Vegan Food - Just Like Being in NYC - Edit

The dishes here are reasonably priced, large, and absolutely amazing in taste! The owner is very aware of the gluten-free options so all you need to do is ask. This is my new favorite vegan place on the west side of Las Vegas. This place is definitely worth a trip if you are visiting Las Vegas...well worth it!
Updated from previous review on Friday July 13, 2012

Pros: vegan, gluten-free, delicious

Cons: none!

Fabulous! Best Vegan Restaurant in Vegas! - Edit

Thank you, Kenny and all your staff for a wonderful dining experience. If you are vegan and you are looking for a restaurant that has the most amazing food in Vegas, a large menu selection, excellent service and portions so large you will be taking some home then visit Veggie House for lunch or diner. We started with miso soup, enough for 4 people. I had the Szechuan shrimp with extra vegetables and Rosalind had Curry Vegetables, so delicious. Curry Vegetables amazing on the second day. The textures and flavors are perfect. Looking forward to our next visit to try some thing new. Maybe today. My taste buds are dancing. Thank you again Kenny for your passion
for creating delicious healthy food.

Pros: excellent food , excellent service, huge portions

Cons: none

fantastic vegan option - Edit

Veggie house has some yummy fantastic vegan food. 95 percent all vegan. Items with eggs are labeled. They also have wheat free chikn and the soy sauce to go is wheat free. We ordered the sesame chicken, soy shrimp and broccoli, mushroom and chicken, and the tofu fish mixed veggies. All were flavor able and different from each other. The owner is super nice and friendly AND knowledgeable. Food came out very quickly. What a great find in las Vegas where there is hardly anything else.

Pros: flavor, selection, friendliness

Good Food & Relaxed Atmosphere - Edit

Food was good, but this place is NOT 100% Vegan. They do have some dishes with eggs so make sure you ask. I tried the vegetable curry and brown rice and it was delicious. I also tried the eggplant quessadillas. They were good but a little too sweet as they contain raisins & pineapple- I'd prefer just the eggplant & vegan cheese & leave out the fruit. Very nice relaxing decor, especially the indoor fountain surrounded by plants. Plenty of free parking.

Pros: Delicous, Nice Decor, Friendly Staff

Cons: Must ask about eggs

Delicious food & friendly staff - Edit

This place is definately worth going to! The staff is so friendly, the food is delicious and the whole ambiance is relaxed and welcoming. I would recommend this place to anyone. My husband and I visited twice while we were in the area and both times we were very impressed. Our favorite dish out of the 4 we tried was the vegan pinapple "duck".

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Large portions

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 15651 times since May 2012.