Veggie Heaven

973-783-1088

631 Valley Rd, Montclair, New Jersey, USA, 07042

Vegan Chinese food restaurant. Extensive menu with many mockmeat dishes in addition to vegetable and tofu. Has natural juices and a range of vegan cake and desserts. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by pandora_13

:) - Edit

Love! Love! Love! I had the mango chicken with brown rice. It was amazing!

love this place! - Edit

Delicious food and great service. Not from Jersey but have family there and luckily this is close enough to stop by in the way over or way home. Easy way to eat delicious vegan food and then not have family worry about "what you people eat" later lol

Pros: "chicken" and broccoli , general tsos "chicken", pickled cabbage they give as appetizer is out of t

Vegetarian

Contributions +109

delicious sushi - Edit

They have great food here. The sushi especially.

Great food, great service! - Edit

Fabulous Asian/American food. The sushi is great and the entrées are cooked to perfection with tender veggies and soy protein. The staff kind and patient. Very impressed.

Pros: Staff, Food, Variety

Veggie Heaven is Vegan Paradise in NJ - Edit

We recently went here a week ago and were so impressed with the food, service, and atmosphere we will be frequently going back. Everything we ordered was fresh and vegan. We are so impressed with the sushi appetizers, Singapore rice noodles, and our entrees of General Tso and ting ting were excellent. Soy cheesecake was the bomb!

AMAZING! - Edit

Went for the first time this past Tuesday, this place is absolutely amazing! The place was clean and comfortable, the wait staff was very friendly and helpful. I had the steamed dumplings and they were delicious, I also had the lunch special General Tos's chicken and OMG if you weren't told it was vegan you wouldn't know! the hot and sour soup I had with my lunch special was the best I've ever had. I highly recommend this place and will be returning many times in the near future!

Pros: Delicious, Clean, Good Price

YUMMY - Edit

Most definitely gets a 5/5!
Not the best place for a vegan who is trying to be as healthy as possible, but their food is delicious, the service is excellent and the restaurant has a very nice vibe.
I love this place!

My boyfriend is not a vegan, and he prefers most of their meatless/fake meat dishes over the original any day!

Pros: flavors, service

Must see - Edit

Love this place. The service is great and there's a dish to suit every mood. Try the Caramel Cheesecake!!

Pros: Delicious, Good Service, Lots of Choices

Veggie Heaven: Where the Good Vegans Go - Edit

My Boyfriend and I come to these Chinese vegan eatery regularly. He is not a vegan, but he also loves it! The ambiance is great, the food is also great, and it's not that expensive. Everything on the menu is vegan (even if it is called "chicken" or "beef", etc). This is a must for vegans who miss eating Chinese food(and it's much better than takeout). Try the bubble tea and tofu ice cream!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Great Atmosphere

Tasty, probably not healthy - Edit

A friend of mine took me here. I didn't know what to expect, but possibly from living in Jersey City, I didn't expect too much. Wrong. Montclair is a beautiful college town (at least downtown seems to be that way), and this is a prime location for a vegan restaurant. Great atmosphere inside, food served very quickly, better Chinese food than I'm used to, complimentary tea (forgot what it's called, but it's GOOD), and lots of choices on the menu. Serving size is a more than that of an average restaurant, but probably a little less than what you'd get with traditional take-out. Does not seem to have raw-friendly options. Also doubt the food is very nutrient-dense; high probability that the mock-meats are soy based. Very happy for what it is.

Pros: Complimentary tea, Wide Variety, Great location

Cons: Could be more nutritious

Veggie Heaven, Montclair - Edit

I've been to two Veggie Heaven locations, Montclair & Teaneack, NJ and at both locations I had the mock-chicken lo mein. I definitely liked the food at Montclair better because it had more flavor to it. If you enjoy Asian food, are a vegan and in the area, I'd recommend Veggie Heaven in Montclair for a quick meal. This is not healthy eating at all though.

very pleased - Edit

I'm happy that I was able to stop by this establishment while I was in town. They have a ton of choices and are reasonably priced. My device was excellent. Although, I will probably bring a book with me next time because the waitstaff tend to stand watch for when you need something. That's totally a good thing, but if you're flying solo for a meal you probably dot want to repeatedly make eye contact with your server.

Pros: variety, friendly staff, good prices

Cons: 60 min street parking

Always reliable - Edit

We always find something to enjoy at Veggie Heaven's Montclair location. Although heavily reliant on fake meat, it's still nice to have a wide variety of chinese food to choose from. I like this locations cozy feel. Great to sit with a pot of hot tea, sharing several appies and a tasty meal.

Easy Meals for After School - Edit

I go to school right up the road and I would always get a dinner from Veggie Heaven. Every single meal I have from here is delicious and the outside of the restaurant looks so-so but when you enter it's lovely! Also, the waiters and host are welcoming and warm. This restaurant makes being a vegetarian so much easier! I once brought my meat eating friends here and they couldn't believe it wasn't meat!

Pros: Great food, Great location, Nice staff

Fun! - Edit

Five of us ate here tonight & all of us were happy with our meals! Three of us had dishes w mock-meat and it was really good, no wierd soy tastes, just good food.
Although the General Tso's chicken was good, it wasn't hot, which was disappointing.
The waitstaff was very nice and the atmosphere was nice as well. Good restaurant for a large group.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 13, 2013

Pros: Atmosphere, Yummy , Large selection

Cons: Wasn't spicy, so ask

yummy - Edit

I tried out this place today. Very yummy. Their mock meats had my occasional meat-eating friend doubting it was fake meat! He liked it. We will be going back to try their sushi. The prices were reasonable, it looks small from outside but its big inside and looked clean. there's ample parking too across it.

Pros: good food, healthy, fast service

Cons: too quiet

Vegan our backyard! - Edit

After seeing a movie with my family, we happen to see Veggie Heaven and decided to try it out. I was shocked it was completely vegan and so close to home! I am not a huge fan of most mock meats but their vege chicken was delicious. We ordered steamed dumplings, broccoli & chicken, veggie fried rice and veggie lo mein. The one mistake was ordering tofu & tomatoe & basil. I always get sucked into an Italian sounding dish..not recommended. Even the waiter scoffed at my choice. The fresh drinks were a huge hit with my kids that love any type of fancy juice. We will be returning.

Pros: vegan, large menu, healthy

Excellent - Edit

Veggie Heaven in Montclair is very consistent in serving great tasting food. The service is always very nice and prompt.

Favorite dishes: scallion pancake deluxe, curry chicken noodle soup, almond chicken.

They have a great avocado salad and a fine selection of fresh juices as well.

Pros: Great Food, Good Service, Reasonable Prices

Return to Montclair Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Heaven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.