Veggie Grill - South Lake Union

Contact 206-623-0336

446 Terry Ave N, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98109

Casual all-vegan cafe chain originating from Southern California. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, main plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Open Mon-Fri 10:30am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Shell25328

Amazing - Edit

My son recommended the Veggie Grill to me. The interior could be a little bit more stylish, but a lot of canteen would be happy to look like the Veggie Grill.

The menu: A good selection of salads, burger, sandwiches. So, nothing really special, more or less “American dishes”. But outstanding delicious! There is nothing special about a cheeseburger, but you MUST try the one from Veggie Grill.

Ask when you order for variations, e.g. Mac’n’cheese as side.

Very friendly staff. It’s not easy to find a parking lot near-by w/o paying a lot.

Pros: The cheeseburger, Quality, Price

Cons: Parking situation around

Reasonably priced, well made vegan food - Edit

The Veggie Grill has become my go-to downtown veggie meal. The entire menu is Vegan.
The food is very tasty; the fries are delicious, and the burgers were well balanced [veggie burgers can so easily be dry]. I have also eaten an asian style salad here and it was fantastic! I steer away from salads usually as I find I am not full up, but it was so nourishing and flavoursome I was really shocked.
I recommend this establishment.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Quick service

Cons: No Wifi

Delicious Food - Edit

This is the first time I have eaten there and it was very good. The food was good, the ambience was upbeat, and the guy working behind the counter was very friendly. Overall, the experience was great. The only con I had was the woman, who looked liked the manager, obviously didn't want to be there. And when the guy behind the counter asked her questions, (he appeared to be new) instead of helping him, rolled her eyes a lot. Training is very important and she didn't set a good example. But the food was great.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Staff

Cons: Doesn't really say vegan anywhere, Skimpy on the fries

Better than 'real' burgers! - Edit

Love all dishes in the menu. Their fake meat is far better than other places with 'real' meat! They turned me into a fan girl for Veggie Grill and made me so happy that I can eat such Delish-food as a Vegan!

All their dishes are so good but my favourites are Santa Fe Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Cauli-Mashed Potatoes and Strawberry Lemonade. Try Buffalo Wings and Crispy Cauliflower too! But honestly they all taste so good!!! This is one of my favourite Vegan place!
Updated from previous review on Monday March 16, 2015

Pros: Very delicious, All Vegan, Perfect 'meats'

Cons: Very crowded at lunch time, Only in Seattle

fast food by super nice folks - Edit

The staff here has always been eager to help.

The food is mostly ok. It isn't the way I eat per se but its generally edible and fun. They have a fountain drink and so forth.

While I wouldn't seek it out, I would stop there in that area which isn't a veg mecca.

always very clean

They have allergy menus, inc a garlic-free menu.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 19, 2014
When we were there they said they made all their protein dishes. They do not! They are heating up Gardein products. So be advised if you don't eat that way.

Pros: staff, allergy info menus, fountain drink

Cons: food is just ok, gardein

Yummy food, good price, super friendly staff! - Edit

We hit Seattle with our eyes on vegan donuts from Mighty-O and realized that we couldn't survive on sugar alone. We chose Veggie Grill for supper knowing that vegetarian diners can be hit or miss - this was a definite hit!

The guy that helped us was so kind, welcoming, and friendly. I think they have a policy to be especially welcoming to first-timers (and they bus your table) but he really went over the top. It made me happy I had come and want to come back.

The food was great, especially the chilli, the soup, and the onion rings. The chilli was really stellar. We also got a b-wing salad and it was absolutely excellent! The burger we got was actually the least exciting thing. It was good, but not special. We wished we had ordered more appetizers instead :)

Lastly, it's worth trying out their homemade lemonade and strawberry lemonade. YUM!

Highly recommended and the prices are great. Will definitely go back the next time I am in Seattle.

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food, Good prices

Cons: Burgers are just ok

Worth checking out - Edit

So Veggie Grill is not the most amazing vegan restaurant out there, or in Seattle but it has a good menu, great fast food, is clean and organised. And it has kale on most items. What else to get!!
We stopped there on the way to Portland. First time we had Hail to the Kale salad, Bali bliss burger, with a side of mac'n'cheese, onion rings and it was all delicious.
Second time, we had the All American stack and the v-burger. Didn't like the texture of the "beef", it was a bit too authentic but it was still ok. The chipotle sauce is delicious!
Didn't get to try the carrot cake but it will be for next time.
The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. Will definitely go back.

Pros: fast / great service, clean , all vegan

Super Yummy - Edit

I fell in love with the Veggie Grill in Portland and was thrilled they made it to Seattle! Hands down the best chickn buffalo wings I have tasted. The fried chickn plate is a win, as well as the carrot cake. They also had someone come around offering sauces free of charge- try the chipotle ranch :) Love the Veggie Grill!
Updated from previous review on Friday September 07, 2012

Pros: Buffalo Wings, Carrot Cake, Price

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Grill - South Lake Union closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4231 times since Aug 2012.